I got 2 NEW LASERDISCS (LD) today

Discussion in 'Laserdisc' started by BigDeg187, Jan 20, 2001.

1. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

Hey, so when do I get my own forum?

------------------
    "When I go to confession, I don't offer God small sins - petty squables, jealousies - I offer him sins worth forgiving!"

May the Hammer eternally bleed!
    M. Hyde

2. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

Dang Paff, I hope AB does such a job on the sound. That sounds like a great disc. With that mix and a superior video transfer, it would certainly be a dvd worth having.

And as for the offer Dave, thanks, but I was just really jealous of BigDeg. I'm over it now, well, almost *sniff, sniff*. Actually, I feel quite at home over at the Hammer Forum, which strangely enough hasn't been trafficked much lately. We need more new Hammer titles!

Oh, yeah... this is the LD forum. Um, let's see. I've only got Killing Zoe and Pink Floyd at Pompeii on LD. Killing Zoe sounds great, but it's not letterboxed like the dvd. The Floyd disc is kick-ass. I wish I still had a player for that disc alone. Well, also I'd pick up those Star Wars LDs if I still had a player. I just know that I'll keep this on the back burner until they're all gone. When will I ever learn??

------------------
    "When I go to confession, I don't offer God small sins - petty squables, jealousies - I offer him sins worth forgiving!"

May the Hammer eternally bleed!
    M. Hyde

3. napalm68

napalm68 Guest

Yeah, I hope (and expect) AB will do as good a job on the sound. Strangely enough, the Japanese Suspiria DVD is mono only, and the UK DVD is just a "hi-fi" stereo mix. I wonder why way back in 89 Image did a great job on the sound, and noone even thought of doing a decent job since.

Paff - I don't have an anamorphic capable TV, but I look at anamorphic enhancement as being a future bonus for me, so I'll get even more out of it when I eventually get one... It is the future...

------------------
    Oh no, mother! Blood!

4. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

Are all copies of the NTSC VHS Suspiria cut? I know mine is. I remember seeing a laserdisc of Suspiria for sale way back in '92, but I believe it was pan & Scan. Same cover art as the VHS I have. I can't wait for Anchor Bay's version! That's going to be awesome! I hope and pray they do OPERA soon!