I Spit on your Grave

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by ZWBLS, Jun 8, 2004.

1. ZWBLS

ZWBLS Guest

Its one of my favorite, And i was wondering if anyone knows the exact location of the film. I know it was filmed in Kent Connecticut. But does anyone have an adress or map or anything. I wanna go check it out.

2. Marka1620

Marka1620 Guest

No clue, if you get any info, please post it. Thanks. Good luck. :evil:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2004
  3. Tuzotonic

Tuzotonic Guest

I have never seen this movie although I have heard enough about it to say that I have. I have seen it many times in video stores but put it back at the last minute because I was not sure if I really wanted to watch it. I consider myself a real horror fan and I think it is a requirement to see it at least once but it sounds really disturbing. Does anyone have good things to say about it or am I better off not watching it? It's once of those deals where I want to watch it just to see what everyone was talking about and to say that I have seen it.\

I've made up my mind. I went into my local video store last night looking for it but it was not there. When I do find it and watch it, I'll tell everyone what I think.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2004
  4. Marka1620

Marka1620 Guest

More of a revenge flick than a horror film. I would rent the DVD millennium edition and listen to the commentary by that Billy-Joe-Jim-Bob guy, he makes a great commentator. The movie is a bit disturbing but it well done considering the time and budget. Give it a whirl.

5. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

Well, as a genre fan, I'd say you're committed to watching it once :D

It's a great disc, and if money allows, you ought to own it. If not, experience it once. It won't make you feel good. Although it's a typical rape/revenge film, somehow you don't feel avenged by the end. You just feel bad.

6. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Guest

I find that the rape scenes in this are much worse than those in Last House on the Left because they never give up. The way they are constantly coming back for more it gets almost comical. I liked this film and agree that the DVD is well worth the price. The DVD has plenty of special features and isn't very expensive. My friend has the DVD and I think that, after talking about the DVD, I will be picking it up soon.

Truly a horrific little gem.

7. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Dave is in the midst of transferring all the reviews to the new format. Once he's done, you'll find 2 reviews of I Spit on Your Grave. One is a review of the old Elite version, and mine is of the new Millenium Edition. I really went into detail on mine (but with a minimum of spoilers), so I'd say it's a pretty good guage on whether or not you'll want to see the movie.

8. Tuzotonic

Tuzotonic Guest

9. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Well I finally got around to seeing the original film and I actually thought it was decent. Much more well made than I was expecting. Especially after looking as some reviews of people complaining it looks shit and has no artistic merit.

I love a good revenge story and I can say I was happily cheering the woman on while she gave those horrible men what they deserved. The ending was pretty abrupt but I guess it's better than waffling on longer than it needs to. Glad I've finally seen it now.