Ichi the Killer R3 - Cut version?

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by Azathoth, Jun 29, 2002.

1. Azathoth

Azathoth Member

Finally got this uncut VCD in today. Horrible, horrible quality, almost unwatchable. Looks like a 20th generation VHS transferred to VCD. Even has 2 different timestamps on the screen constantly.

But, it is completely uncut, and has English subtitles all the way through.

If anyone ever finds a seller, on ebay or otherwise, offering a true uncut DVD it would be nice if they posted it here :)

2. Bods

Bods Guest

Ichi is going to be released in Holland, and specs indicate completely uncut, english subs, commentary track (by actress Alien Sun, HKL-regular Bey Logan and associate producer Elliot Tong). It'll be PAL though, which'll probably won't help a lot of people.

Head over to www.bulletsnbabesdvds.com for more on this release.

3. napalm68

napalm68 Guest

Damn it, that will teach me. I just ordered the HK release yesterday (along with a few others). I should have checked here first... Ah well, it was very very cheap. And I have yet to get a dutch made dvd that had a decent transfer...

4. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

Damn, this movie sounds sweet. I never read this thread but I'm glad I did now. Hopefully this flick does get a good R1 uncut release, cause if it does I'm snatching one up asap. I love flicks like this and this one sounds to be another winner in my book.

5. Diamondhead

Diamondhead Guest

Well I ordered one of the Reg.1 uncut versions from HK and it arrived yesterday. It is indeed a boot of the Pioneer disc (it has the Pioneer logo at the start of the movie) is 16:9 enhanced, 5.1 Dolby and DTS, and runs 128 mins. It has English, Japanese and Chinese subs. There are no English subs on the restored footage. The funniest thing about it is it has a PG-13 rating on the back of the package!

6. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

i just won that same dvd off of ebay yesterday. i was wondering, during those restored footage segments, how much of it is dialogue? or is it just violent scenes/gore footage?

7. Diamondhead

Diamondhead Guest

Almost every violent scene is extended but there are a couple of plot points without the subs.

8. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

i just got the bootleg DVD (NTSC/R0) of Ichi today and it looks great! haven't had time to watch it all, but did browse through it. the picture quality is great! also has some extras (like a commentary and interviews) though they are in japanese.
    i did watch some of the more violent scenes and it's definately obvisious that this is an uncut release as some of the scenes are very brutal! i definately recommend this disc for those without multi-regional players.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2002
  9. Azathoth

Azathoth Member

Just recently got my uncut R0 DVD in today. Looks like they just took the uncut Japanese R2 disk and added the subtitles from the R3 version, as the previously cut parts aren't subtitled.

The package itself was pretty neat for a boot, it had a cardboard slipcase with a cool digi-book style case inside that held the DVD.

I noticed a bit of grain in the picture when I watched it on my TV, but I'm assuming that it's apparent in the original R2 as well. It's a DVD9 disk, so they didn't downsample it to fit it onto a single layer disk.