Ichi the killer

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by DeathDealer, Feb 8, 2003.

1. napalm68

napalm68 Guest

Why's that? I'm getting worried now...

2. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

No biggie, they just never informed my when my package was shipped. I got it in a timly manner and all, I just wasn't notified. That's a red flag, a small one, but enough for me to look elsewhere. I shouldn't say anything though, because I've been guilty of this myself a couple of times.

3. robman795

robman795 Guest

I really liked this release of Ichi The slip case looks great. But I like my japan region 2 version better. The making of on it is about an hour long.

4. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

Hey Robman, could you be able to tell us if the disc has a commentry track on it.

5. robman795

robman795 Guest

The japan region 2 uncut without subs version does have a commentary but sadly nothing on either dvd is subbed. On the new 2 disk se Dutch release there is no commentary and the extras are not as good as the japan region 2 version but atleast the dutch version has a subbed uncut version on it.

6. napalm68

napalm68 Guest

Ah, that's cool. I did email him about an address change just after I posted it, and FRED responded pretty promptly.

So I guess from what you are saying, it may already be en-route...:)

7. DeathDealer

Man, that is really bad news for us.

8. DeathDealer

Oh and dpes it have any behind the scenes footage and a press kit. And how does the flim look with the quality and everything.

9. Disco Stu

Disco Stu Guest

The LFVW nightmare

I also orderded it from LFVW.com with much trepidation having met the guy at the Chiller Theatre convention in NJ about a year ago. I had planned to buy the Malata N996 from him, but he was so rude and condescending that I ended up waiting and buying the Malata 520 at a local video store. I only ordered Ichi from him because at the time it was $19.95.

I decided that because I was going to have to pay shipping on Ichi I might as well as get something else at the same time and so I orderded another item. My invoice stated that I was only to pay one shipping charge. That DVD showed up with a damaged case and disc and I called him to ask what he wanted to do. I also asked him that since he sent out the other disc, I assumed I didn't have to pay shipping for Ichi as well considering that that was the only reason I orderded it in the first place. He told me that I would have to pay shipping twice, despite the fact that my invoice said otherwise, that I was supposed to have told him that I wanted them sent at the same time. He also said that it was not his fault that the disc was damaged (the plastic was also open), and that I would basically have to eat the purchase.

After much argument, I convinced him that that was a little unfair, how was I supposed to know that I had to write a seperate note, even though it was his system that told me I had to only pay one shipping charge? He agreed to letting me send it back and refunding me the price and the shipping (I pushed to make him pay for my shipping it back to him, but I don't know if he intended that part), although he complained a lot about the fact that I was getting Ichi at cost for him, as if it's my fault that he decided to price it that low.

When I shipped it back I made sure I paid for delivery confirmation, so he could not claim that he never got it. I also wrote a very detailed note regarding our conversation and put it in the package. He received it almost three weeks ago and I have yet to receive a credit on my credit card statement.

When I called to ask whether or not he had received it (just seeing if he would lie about it), he said "well we get a lot of packages, so I don't know." I tried to give him my name so he could look up my account but he hung up on me before I got a chance.

The other reason I had made that call (this was Monday the 10th), was that I still hadn't gotten Ichi (I live in NY and so it only takes one day to receive packages via priority mail instate) and that checking my account it said that it still hadn't shipped. He told me that all the Ichi's had shipped within the last four days.

When I called back the next day (Feb. 11), I was finally given a chance to tell him my name so he could look up my order. Even though his website said differently, he insisted that my order had been shipped already. I finally got it yesterday, the postmark was February 12th.

Sorry to ramble on, but I figured I ought to share my story as a warning to others. From now on, I'm sticking to HKflix, benson's world and ebay for non-R1 purchases.

Oh, and the packaging on the Ichi set was worth it alone, even if the extras were not as extensive as advertised. No commentaries are evident, although perhaps we should tell that to www.ichithekiller.com who still lists a commentary (without specification as to who's giving the commentary) as a feature.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2003
  10. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

:nervous: Fuck Luminous man, I'd be blasting caps! :fire:

11. DeathDealer

I have been Hearing some stuff on This comapny Called Media Blasters. That are going to release Ichi on R1. Could someone explain when its coming out.

12. napalm68

napalm68 Guest

Hmm, so LFVW have probably sent mine... Just no shipping notice. So maybe in a couple of weeks to Australia...

13. DeathDealer

Do you guys know where there is a website that shows miike news and other things about him.

14. DeathDealer

KFFC Cinema have said Premier Asia are going to release Ichi on a 2 Disc Set with a DTS Track. And Media Blasters are releasing one to. I am going to hold back and wait to see which one is the best to get.

15. slinker

slinker Un-Holy Force.

I just viewed the 2 Disc set and its the first time ive seen the movie, WOW is all i can say.... it was fucking fantastic, i havent seen an asian film this good in ages.. although i probably had a tough time understanding everything that goes on but boy what a ride!
    :D

16. Disco Stu

Disco Stu Guest

I should give an update on my lfvw.com situation. They finally (after 3 emails and 2 phone messagea) refunded my money yesterday on the other disc I orderded. It only took 6 weeks.

17. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

Ok, I just saw this today (my friend got the 2-disc R2) and it was fucking awesome. I dont think I've seen a film like that in a looonng time. It had all the gore I could ever want and the characters kicked ass. Kakihara was easily one of the coolest "villains" I've ever seen. Everything about this flick made me salivate. I immediately ordered this 2-disc set at Poker Ind. Glad to see its uncut, cause I can only imagine how badly cut it is in some areas.

18. Ichi

Ichi Guest

Anyone seen this fine looking piece of asian cinema? God Damn, it kicks ass. Tadanobu Asano simply takes me breath away. Sex, gore, special effects, a good story... what more can you ask for?

19. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

I'm sure there are already a million threads on this if you do a search, but yes, I've seen it and it's in my top ten favorites list. I'm sure you can tell by my avatar that I'm a fan.

20. DVD Connoisseur

DVD Connoisseur Active Member

Just finished watching Ichi. Wow! This is a definite candidate for my film of the year, even though we're only in May.

The Dutch 2 disc set is a beauty - this is a great addition to any Asian collection. This is one hell of a fun (but dark) ride....very glossy, MTV-visuals with a great blend of ultra-violence....

As the UK version's going to be cut by around 3 minutes (!:eek1: ), this is an absolute must for those that are R2 compatible.

I cannot stress enough what a fantastic film this is....I certainly felt that it lived up to expectation.....