If you liked Ong-Bak.. then you have to see....

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by shift, Aug 21, 2005.

1. shift

shift Hot as shit!

For those who liked Ong-bak, check out the newest film by the same team with Tony Jaa as lead, just out in Thailand last week:

http://www.tomyumgoongmovie.com/html/trailer/index_e.asp

This looks sooooooooo bad ass!!!

JET LI don't got shit on this Tai boyz

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    PLOT:TOM-YUM-GOONG is the story of a young man named Kham (Tony Jaa) whose life is turned upside down when an international mafia syndicate, based in Australia , captures his two beloved elephants and smuggles them thousands of kilometers away to Sydney . The two elephants are far more than mere animals to Kham and his father. They are part of his family and were being prepared to be presented as a token of devotion to his Majesty the King of Thailand. The only way Kham can possibly save the animals is by venturing into a foreign land for the first time.

Taking on a mafia group to rescue two elephants from a foreign country presents a huge challenge, even for a martial arts master like Kham. Despite the help of Sergeant Mark (Petchthai Wongkamlao), a Thai police Sergeant based in Australia , and Pla (Bongkuch Kongmalai), a Thai girl forced into modern day slavery, the going gets tough. They must take on the ruthless gang of Madame Rose (Jing Xing), whose henchmen include Johnny (Johnny Nguyen), a Vietnamese thief and martial arts expert, and the hulking TK (Nathan Jones).

Kham has no choice but to risk his own life for the animals he love.

2. dwatts

dwatts New Member

I love the fricking plot. It's about elephants then, kidnapped elephants. I guess in their culture that has a little more allure, but for me, it sounds like a sequel to Operation Dumbo-Drop. Does anyone hit an elephant? Karate chop one? Deck one with a roundhouse kick? Do the elephants actually fight? I wanna know.....

3. shift

shift Hot as shit!

Dwatts- Lets put you in the zoo with elephants and see ya KickY some Mo-tai elephant ass!! ;)

4. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

I want to see this. I liked Ong-Bak, but it didnt impress me to the point of idolizing Jaa. Seems like more mindless martial arts ass kicking, which means sign me up. I hope it gets a decent theatrical release like Ong-Bak did.

5. dwatts

dwatts New Member

--watts- Lets put you in the zoo with elephants and see ya KickY some Mo-tai elephant ass!!--

Hm, I guess I'm stuck there. Apparently, an elephants trunk is estimated to have 40,000 muscles in it. The human body has, what, 640?

Still, surely the cinematic world could give me one good Elephant V. Kung-Fu master?

6. Rockmjd

Rockmjd Guest

Is that former WWE wrestler Nathan Jones in the top pic?

7. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

sounds alot like Ong Bak's plot....but its not like I watched it for the plot anyways! Any news on when this will be availible to get on DVD, import or otherwise?

8. skmastaz

skmastaz New Member

That is indeed Nathan Jones. I've been waiting for this movie for well over a month now. I'm chomping at the bit to be able to see it. I hope it lands on bootlegs soon so I can see it before the 6 or 7 months it will take to get here on R1

9. shift

shift Hot as shit!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2005
  10. shift

shift Hot as shit!

GuyZ!!
    The making of Tom Yum Goong is now available to buy in good quality on ethaicd.com ! The 60 minutes VCD features behind the scene of the film and unseen clips ($ 5.5, free worldwide shipping)... HERE:

http://www.ethaicd.com/show.php?pid=19717&asso=1476

-Just ordered mine :)

11. Luna

Luna Guest

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I'll see this to find out the answers to these pressing questions.

12. shift

shift Hot as shit!

LUNA, forget the aggenda. You want to see some ass kickin? Then see this.

;)

13. Luna

Luna Guest

You know, I'm always up for seeing some ass kickin'. Some days, much more than others. :lol:

14. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

Saw this finally. Pretty fucking good I must say... the fights just keep getting better and better as it goes on too. Mucho Mucho arm and leg damage all around. :banana:
    Haahhaha... dwatts... an elephant does get some serious ass kicking (tossing?) damage done to it at one point.. Its hilarious. :)
    Definately satisfying IMO... Excellent fights (sound effects r really "eh" but no matter) there is one sequence... at least 40 guys... non stop... see it. :)

15. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

I got the dvd from chinatown reccently, although it was really good I thought Ong Bak still blows it away by far. This one just became too laughable after awhile mainly in the conlclusion, I liked Ong Bak's action because while brutal, it was still in the realm of being realistic, this one however is just too over-the-top to the point of being lame. Like ripping the head off of a stone statue that is atleast 2 feet thick to smash someone with it (who then still goes on to fight like they're perfectly fine) Or somehow tying elephant bones to your arms within a matter of seconds....or the attackers just paused and watched him as he did it, I dunno. Or the fact someone falls from a skyscraper through a glass window and lives...It was great action and everything but c'mon...

16. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I watched this tonight (The Protector) and it SUCKED! So incoherent and pointless, and they don't develop any characters or any of the millions of sub-plots they decide to throw in. Plus the audio is HORRIBLE! AVOID!

17. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

You gotta be kdding me. It was great. The US verison is far superior BTW.

18. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Maybe that's why, I watched the Uncut International Version, which is 30 minutes longer. But I really don't care, as I don't want to revisit it.

19. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Saw the American cut in the theater,goofy plot but great ass-kicking.The single take fight scene running up the stairs was excellent.I want to rent the international cut to compare the two.Classic line."You killed my Father....AND STOLE MY ELEPHANT !".

20. ZoSo

ZoSo The Fucking King

The stairs scene was great, as well as the fight in the temple vs the Capoeira fighter. A lot of bone-crunching goodness near the end also!