Indecisive

Discussion in 'General' started by Jimbo, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo The Bloodstained Shadow

Im curious to what folks do here when they have to many choices (DVD'S) to chose from? Over the past year, I have not had a lot of time to sit back and enjoy watching my extensive collection of films. And as I gaze upon the endless choices, I get lost. I can be in the mood for a slasher but then see a zombie film that looks good. Or I can be in the mood for a giallo but also feel like watching a classic (pre 70's). Does anyone else suffer with this indecisive problem? :(

2. horrorlover

horrorlover Member

sometimes this happens to me, and I will be looking at my shelf and can't decide what to grab, when that happens I usually grab Texas Chainsaw Massacre :)

3. msw7

msw7 Re-animated member

I am terrible this way. Sometimes it takes me 20 minutes to figure out what to watch...

4. Jimbo

Jimbo The Bloodstained Shadow

Well, thats another issue all together. A lot of times if I cant decide i will pull out old faithful, yet there are tons of movies that I havent watched in years that are calling my name....
    I did that with Squirm the other night. Got it back on 03 the day it was released. Watched it that evening and it has been on my shelf ever since. Yet, after all these years I finally revisited it. But in the meantime, I have watched the typical favorites countless times because I just cant make up my mind....
    Possibly I should thin out my collection to the bare essentials that way I will not have this problem.

5. ReelFear

ReelFear New Member

haha yes, sometimes it takes longer than that for me to pick out the movie that perfectly fits my mood at that moment. sometimes i end up just staring at my DVDs for an hour....

6. Slackjaw83

Slackjaw83 Lonely St. Tattooer

My wife and I play a random game when that happens. I assign random numbers to the shelves that DVDs are on, and then pick a random number, and whatever disc happens to be that number (starting from the left) gets watched....regardless of how terrible it happens to be

7. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

I'm usually not TOO bad about making a choice on my own.It's when I'm picking for a group screening that things grind to a halt.It's hard to please everyone,perhaps I shouldn't try.

8. make believe

make believe New Member

This thread is hysterical and sad at the same time.

Sometimes, I end up flipping coins trying to decide what movie to watch.

It's never an easy decision is it?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  9. Anaestheus

Anaestheus Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'll confess that it happens to me more that I would care to admit. I usually pop a film in if I am eating alone. Which then turns into a long drawn out process as I can't watch anything subtitled and eat at the same time. So, that knocks out about a third of my collection. Then, since I usually will want to do something after I am done eating, it can't be a film that I will get too wrapped up in. But at the same time, it has to be something that moves fairly quickly. In the end, it is usually Hudson Hawk or one of the Pirates of the Caribbean films. It pains me that those are the films I have watched the most when I've got a whole collection of Godard, Bunuel, Kubrick, and Kurosawa films that I know I would really rather watch over and over again.

I'm so glad none of you know my real name right now.

10. Iron Jaiden

Iron Jaiden New Member

Hah dude Discreet Charms of the Bourgeoisie is the perfect movie to watch while you're eating! :)

11. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

I'm very bad about this. I'll just sit and stare at my shelves for like 20 minutes trying to find the perfect thing to watch. I have a couple hundred TV DVDs so if I can't find a movie I'll just put on a show. Usually Seinfeld, Sunny in Philadelphia, IT Crowd or MST3K - I don't want to know how many times I've had to resort to a Seinfeld or MST3K disc.

But if my roommate is home I usually end up grabbing a stack of 7 or 8 movies and saying "these are all pretty good, pick one." He likes more mainstream type stuff, so I can't get him to watch something like Frankenhooker or any old slasher or zombie stuff usually, but I like a lot of regular mainstream stuff too so there's usually something that works.

12. SaxCatz

SaxCatz New Member

Haha...
    My wife gets VERY pissed at me for exactly the same reason. I'll often hem and haw for 30+ minutes trying to pick out something to watch.