Indicator / Powerhouse Films - Blu-ray Release Thread

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by baggio, Aug 22, 2017.

1. gobad2003

gobad2003 Active Member

Nice, I was hoping a sale was coming soon. My wishlist has been growing with them and I need to knock that down a bit.

2. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Speaking of The Legacy. I order it July 31, then I got a refund from Amazon.uk August 15th. It said it was undeliverable.

So I had to place another order. Won't arrive until September 1st week sometime. This was the first time something from Amazon.uk didn't get delivered that I've encountered.

Of course now there's a sale Friday.:confused: ... Like to know what they charge for shipping to USA from their store.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  3. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I'd like to pick up the legacy, what's the chances it feature in the sale? It's a fairly new release, if it does feature can't imagine they will reduce it by much.

4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

It's nearly sold out, they stated that in their most recent "OUT-OF-PRINT NEWS" email update a couple of weeks ago.

5. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

***NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT***

Coming to Blu-ray 11/18 from Indicator!

https://www.facebook.com/dawnofthediscs/photos/pcb.940741089602444/940740569602496/?type=3&theater

HAMMER VOLUME FOUR: FACES OF FEAR collects four films which represent the best of Hammer’s classic horror output: Terence Fisher’s seminal THE REVENGE OF FRANKENSTEIN (1958), presented in a stunning new restoration; Fisher’s controversial THE TWO FACES OF DR. JEKYLL (1960); Seth Holt’s nerve-shredding psycho-thriller TASTE OF FEAR (1961); and Joseph Losey’s unique horror/sci-fi hybrid THE DAMNED (1962). All four films are presented for the first time on Blu-ray in the UK, and are complemented by a wealth of essential extra features

Pre-order: https://www.powerhousefilms.co.uk/…/hammer-volume-four-face…

Also releasing, Joseph Losey’s dark melodrama SECRET CEREMONY (1968), starring Hollywood superstars Elizabeth Taylor (Suddenly, Last Summer, Cleopatra), Mia Farrow (Rosemary’s Baby, See No Evil) and Robert Mitchum (The Night of the Hunter, Cape Fear), on Blu-ray for the very first time.

Pre-order: https://www.powerhousefilms.co.uk/produc…/secret-ceremony-le

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

baggio and Katatonia like this.
  6. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Katatonia likes this.
  7. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

8. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

[​IMG]

https://www.powerhousefilms.co.uk/collections/frontpage/products/night-tide-le

gobad2003 likes this.
  9. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Hrm... I normally wait for one of their sales and if I don't get the limited edition with the book then I don't get the book (I don't have the time anyways) but on this one the bonus disc itself is limited so that's a risky proposition. On the other hand I don't expect there to be much demand for Night Tide. But unfortunately Powerhouse isn't very forthcoming about stock numbers (at least on my radar).

I may get too paranoid and pre-order it then watch it go for a song next Black Friday. :p

10. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Well-Known Member

to be honest, Indicator is one of the few (only?) labels which don't go down in price much, if any, over time

makes blind buying more of a risk but also makes you comfortable knowing it won't be half price if you wait long enough

11. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

The short films from the bonus disc are available through Flicker Alley, but the pressed disc is OOP and appears to be replaced with an MOD BD-R.

X-human likes this.
  12. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

13. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

14. Katatonia

https://www.powerhousefilms.co.uk/collections/frontpage/products/hammer-volume-five-death-deceit-le

[​IMG]

HAMMER VOLUME FIVE: DEATH & DECEIT - LE

Includes an exclusive double-sided poster only available with direct orders from this website (poster features the original UK Quad designs for THE PIRATES OF BLOOD RIVER and THE BRIGAND OF KANDAHAR, see pictures to the left).

VISA TO CANTON (Michael Carreras, 1961)
    THE PIRATES OF BLOOD RIVER (John Gilling, 1962)
    THE SCARLET BLADE (John Gilling, 1963)
    THE BRIGAND OF KANDAHAR (John Gilling, 1965)

Release date: 23 March 2020
    Limited Blu-ray Edition (UK and World premieres on Blu-ray)

Hammer Volume Five: Death & Deceit collects four films from the early sixties which found the studio looking beyond the horror genre for its next box-office success. Visa to Canton (1961, released in the US as Passport to China) is a torn-from-the-headlines spy thriller; The Pirates of Blood River (1962), starring Kerwin Mathews (The 7th Voyage of Sinbad) and Christopher Lee (The Face of Fu Manchu), is a swashbuckling adventure; The Scarlet Blade (1963, released in the US as The Crimson Blade) is an English Civil War-set actioner which follows the fortunes of Cromwell’s Roundheads; and The Brigand of Kandahar (1965) takes Hammer to the North-West Frontier for an action-adventure starring Ronald Lewis (Taste of Fear) and Oliver Reed (The System). All four films are presented for the first time on Blu-ray in the UK, while Visa to Canton, The Scarlet Blade and The Brigand of Kandahar make their world Blu-ray premieres. This limited edition box set is strictly limited to 6,000 numbered units.

INDICATOR LIMITED BLU-RAY EDITION BOX SET SPECIAL FEATURES:

VISA TO CANTON

High Definition remaster
    Original mono audio
    Alternative feature presentation with the US Passport to China titles
    Audio commentary with film historian Kevin Lyons (2020)
    Hammer’s Women: Lisa Gastoni (2020): profile of the Hammer star by critic and writer Virginie Sélavy
    Ticket to Ride (2020): film historian Vic Pratt discusses ethnocentrism in sixties British cinema
    David Huckvale on Edwin Astley (2020): appreciation of the film’s score by the author of Hammer Film Scores and the Musical Avant-Garde
    Original theatrical trailer
    Image gallery: promotional and publicity materials
    New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
    Limited edition exclusive booklet with a new essay by Josephine Botting, an account of the RB-47 affair which inspired Visa to Canton, an overview of promotional materials, and film credits
    World premiere on Blu-ray

THE PIRATES OF BLOOD RIVER

High Definition remaster
    Original mono audio
    Audio commentary with screenwriter Jimmy Sangster, art director Don Mingaye and Hammer historian Marcus Hearn (2008)
    Hammer’s Women: Marla Landi (2020): profile of the Hammer star by film historian Kat Ellinger
    Stephen Laws Introduces ‘The Pirates of Blood River’ (2020): an appreciation by the acclaimed horror author
    Andrew Keir at the Manchester Festival of Fantastic Films (1993): archival video recording of the acclaimed actor in conversation with Stephen Laws
    Did I Write That? (2020): Jonathan Rigby, author of English Gothic, discusses the career of Jimmy Sangster
    David Huckvale on Gary Hughes (2020): appreciation of the film’s score by the author of Hammer Film Scores and the Musical Avant-Garde
    Yes, We Have No Piranhas (2020): video essay on the censorship history of The Pirates of Blood River
    Brian Trenchard-Smith trailer commentary (2013): short critical appreciation
    Limited edition exclusive booklet with a new essay by Lindsay Hallam, Jimmy Sangster on The Pirates of Blood River, a selection of promotional materials, an overview of contemporary critical responses, and film credits
    UK premiere on Blu-ray

THE SCARLET BLADE

High Definition remaster
    Original mono audio
    Alternative feature presentation with the US The Crimson Blade titles
    Audio commentary with film historian Kevin Lyons (2020)
    Hammer’s Women: June Thorburn (2020): profile of the Hammer star by film historian Josephine Botting
    Stephen Laws Introduces ‘The Scarlet Blade’ (2020): an appreciation by the acclaimed horror author
    Interviews with Hugh Harlow and Pauline Wise (2020): the second assistant director and continuity person discuss the making of The Scarlet Blade
    Almost an Auteur (2020): horror author and critic Kim Newman on the eclectic career of writer-director John Gilling
    David Huckvale on Gary Hughes (2020): appreciation of the film’s score by the author of Hammer Film Scores and the Musical Avant-Garde
    Original US theatrical trailer
    Limited edition exclusive booklet with a new essay by Neil Sinyard, an extract from Oliver Reed’s autobiography, a selection of promotional materials, an overview of contemporary critical responses, and film credits

THE BRIGAND OF KANDAHAR

High Definition remaster
    Original mono audio
    Audio commentary with film historian Vic Pratt (2020)
    Hammer’s Women: Yvonne Romain (2020): profile of the Hammer star by film historian Melanie Williams
    Stephen Laws Introduces ‘The Brigand of Kandahar’ (2020): an appreciation by the acclaimed horror author
    Swashbuckling (2020): writer and historian Neil Sinyard looks at writer-director John Gilling’s films for Hammer
    David Huckvale on Don Banks (2020): appreciation of the film’s score by the author of Hammer Film Scores and the Musical Avant-Garde
    Limited edition exclusive booklet with a new essay by Naman Ramachandran, an extensive selection of promotional materials, and film credits
    Limited edition box set of 6,000 numbered units.

#PHILTD183
    BBFC cert: 12
    REGION B
    EAN: 5060697920383

gobad2003 and russweiss like this.
  15. Katatonia

https://www.powerhousefilms.co.uk/collections/frontpage/products/the-mad-magician-le

[​IMG]

THE MAD MAGICIAN - LE

(John Brahm, 1954)
    Release date: 23 March 2020
    Limited Edition Blu-ray (UK Blu-ray premiere)

Made shortly after the box-office success of House of Wax, The Mad Magician returns Vincent Price to the world of three-dimensional horror. He plays Don Gallico, the creator of elaborate illusions for stage magicians, who seeks their fame… and will turn to murder to achieve it!

Directed by John Brahm (The Undying Monster), The Mad Magician is presented in two- and three-dimensions, and is accompanied by a pair of 3D comedy shorts by the Three Stooges.

INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES

2K restoration
    3D and 2D presentations
    Original mono audio
    Audio commentary with film historians Kevin Lyons and Jonathan Rigby (2020)
    Three-Dimensional Magic (2020): appreciation of The Mad Magician and the 3D filmmaking boom of the 1950s by cinematographer Frank Passingham (Kubo and the Two Strings) and archivist Tom Vincent, presented in 3D and 2D
    Super 8 version: cut-down home cinema presentation in anaglyphic 3D
    Two short films starring the Three Stooges and produced by Columbia Pictures: Pardon My Backfire (1953) and Spooks! (1953), presented in 3D and 2D
    Image gallery: on-set and promotional photography
    Limited edition exclusive booklet with a new essay by Kat Ellinger, a look at the career of producer Bryan Foy, an archival interview with director John Brahm by David Del Valle, a guide to the promotional campaign of The Mad Magician, an overview of contemporary critical responses, Jeff Billington on the Three Stooges’ 3D shorts, and film credits
    UK premiere on Blu-ray
    Limited edition of 3,000 copies

#PHILTD109
    BBFC cert: 12
    REGION FREE
    EAN: 5037899071656

gobad2003 and satans-sadists like this.
  16. gobad2003

gobad2003 Active Member

^^Very nice on the Mad Magician :D, I missed out on the Twilight Time release and it goes for ridiculous prices now.

Katatonia likes this.
  17. Katatonia

Same here! I always regretted not getting that one, but I'm kinda glad now. :D

gobad2003 likes this.