Inferno is...

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, May 9, 2011.

?

Dario Argento's Inferno is...

Poll closed Jun 8, 2011.
  1. A Masterpiece!

19 vote(s)
    17.0%
  2. The best of the Three Mothers trilogy but not Argento's best

5 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. Better than most of his movies

27 vote(s)
    24.1%
  4. Good but with its share of problems

40 vote(s)
    35.7%
  5. One of Argento's weaker efforts

7 vote(s)
    6.3%
  6. Bad. Worse than Phantom of the Opera bad.

3 vote(s)
    2.7%
  7. A movie I still haven't seen. For shame.

11 vote(s)
    9.8%
  1. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

Inferno pisses all over Beyond (which I love).
    Here, tell me my taste in horror is poor too.
    (Not exactly in defend of DVD-Fanatic with whom I have disagreed many times too but.. I couldn't help myself)

2. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Exactly. I really despise it when I agree with DVD-Fanatic, so I'd appreciate it if he'd change his mind on this Beyond vs. Inferno thing so we'd not still be on the same page.

3. SaxCatz

SaxCatz New Member

No. I just disagree with you about one film.
    I think most of us here disagree with DVD-Fanatic about, well, most everything. DVD-Fanatic is entitled to his own opinion. However, after such a clear pattern of disagreement emerges (where someone seems to almost always be taking the unpopular opinion), you begin to wonder. Why, just today I've read posts from DVD-Fanatic stating that Hellraiser & Nightmare on Elm Street are not classics & do not stand up & that The Beyond is shite; and we all know of DVD-Fanatic's unrequited love for Deadly Friend. Any one of these opinions would just be just an unpopular opinion. But all together (and there are MANY more examples)- Almost seems to me as though DVD-Fanatic just TRYs to be contrary.
    I'm not going to start a huge pissing match though, so I'll just leave it at that.

4. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

Ok so I just watched Inferno on the weekend just so I wouldn't have to vote for the "A movie I still haven't seen. For shame. " option.

It's not better than Suspiria. Suspiria's score alone ensures the victory. It's not better than Deep Red nor most of Argento's giallos...except for Giallo of course. It's better than most of his new stuff.

So anyway I voted "better than most of his movies". Not totally sold on the score (at least not the overly rock-y stuff) but otherwise a very worthwhile watch. I think I actually liked the story a bit better than Suspiria, it just didn't quite pull it off as well as Suspiria.

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  5. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Just watched my Blu-Ray of this and it looked terrific. I love the film and have watched it a half dozen times. Saying that, why is it that every time I watch It there are moments in the film I feel I've never seen before? Most films you watch over again you almost have a check list of what scenes are coming up next. In this film every scene has something in it that surprises me. I almost forget how it's going to end:) It runs on complete nightmare logic. Maybe that's why I enjoy it so much.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012