Ink - Anybody catch this indie gem?

Discussion in 'General' started by dirkwu, Feb 21, 2011.

1. dirkwu

dirkwu Bannable Lector

[​IMG]

I just saw this amazing movie - It was like a cross between Hellraiser and Brazil.

[​IMG]

Totally blown away!

It was shot in Denver for only a quarter of a million. Incredible. It totally held up all the way through. Good dialog, awesome characters. Really, really well done. It's available on netflix streaming. Just watch the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBGeErufQdY

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Yeah, I rented Ink when it first came out as a rental. I thought the film was original in its overall concept, but I honestly didn't think it was a masterpiece or anything.

For a low-budget project, it was definitely up there in what the filmmakers accomplished...but not all aspects of the film gelled together all that well.

I might possibly enjoy it more on a repeat viewing, but it's just not a film that's screaming for me to watch it again soon.

3. dirkwu

dirkwu Bannable Lector

i don't think i would sit through it again either but for budget it was really well done. it could put some recent blockbusters to shame.

4. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

^ You should check out The Other Side (2006). Surprisingly great flick, and it was made for about $15,000.

5. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Ive heard very good things about- I actually just ordered it on blu today so looking forward to checking it out

6. ReelFear

ReelFear New Member

I enjoyed INK for what it was. An impressive looking movie for the low budget. The story was interesting enough, and when i see the trailer for Sucker Punch i think of INK, as the basic idea seems to be similar. I would recommend INK but for sure it's not going to be to everyones taste.