Innocent Blood

Discussion in 'General' started by Shannafey, Dec 31, 2002.

1. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    OK, now I know a lot of you have probably seen this little gem, so I am very late in the game, but I picked it up for $5 at Walmart last week, and damn, if this isn't a great find!!! Another comedy horror classic by Landis. Though not as good as American Werewolf, it is a very entertaining flick, and a little original vampire film. And you gotta love cameos by Tom Savini, Dario Argento, Sam Raimi, Forrest J. Ackerman and Linnear Quiggley among others. Plus Anne Parillaud (SP?), the original La Femme Nikita, as the vampiress, nude and looking great. Nuff said? The movie's great, the price is great, go out and get this if you don't already own it. The only flaw in this disc, is it's full screen.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2002
  2. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

I'm hoping for a nice special edition of this flick...in widescreen!! :) :)

Nick

3. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

You know, I picked this DVD up for like $3.99 used. I haven't watched it yet though. It is a great movie from what I remember.

4. Rainbowthief

Rainbowthief Guest

I really liked that movie and have fond memories of it. I was really psyched about seeing it after reading about it in Fangoria. Argento's cameo in the ambulance was great and I especially love how mainstream audiences were probably scratching their heads over it (not knowing who he was). And damn if that Anne Parillaud didn't have the hairiest bush I've seen since the seventies!

5. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

Damn, a good flick for $5 is always worth the money. I'll have to hit up my local Wal-Mart tomorrow and see whats up.

6. MISFITZ

MISFITZ Guest

I gotta say, when I first saw this film in the theaters, I actually walked out. To this day I can't remember what triggered that behavior. A few people tossed this title around since then, and i was always trying to grand stand saying dumb stuff like, "Awww, i walked out of that film!"

But curiosity, THANKFULLY, got the better of me. I gave it another shot, and i feel so stupid. I have no idea why i walked out. Maybe the 'cheetah' screams coming from a vampire rubbed me wrong. :rolleyes: It's still a bit annoying, but other than that, this was a good blend of a 'mob' story and a 'vampire flick', and carries all the dark comedy you'd expect from John Landis, which maybe i wasn't understanding when i saw it in the theaters.

Either way, for that price, that's a good buy. Not some outstanding flick, but a pretty entertaining plot with vampires and the mob!

7. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

The Laserdisc is widescreen (though the picture is kind of noisy)

Yeah, the horror cameos are great, but the mob actors are a real hoot too. You got Robert Loggia and Chazz Palmenteri, but Don Rickles really steals the show with one of the best Vampire deaths in screen history.

8. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Damn, if that doesn't catch you off guard, and it was AWESOME!! Definitely one of the best vampire deaths in screen history!

9. bwana the clown

bwana the clown Supreme Ruler Of Sados

Great movie. And to think I almost didn't go see it in the cinema because I dreaded having to ask for a ticket for 'A French Vampire In America'. Ugh! :eek2:

10. JW77

JW77 Support Halliburton

I really sort of prefer the title "A French Vampire in America." Sort of ties it to "An American Werewolf in London."

You have to love any movie that opens with a beautiful woman sauntering around her bedroom stark raving naked, showing off every inch of her gorgeous little tight body.

11. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

It's an admirable return to horror for Landis. I really loved the eye effects on the vamps. Creepy stuff!
    One quibble with the movie and it's a very minor one. The vamps were too easy to kill! Sunlight's a given, but a shot to the head. (ugh!)

P.S. About the 'cheetah' sounds, didn't Landis use something similar in the introduction to the TZ movie?

12. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

13. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

That first scene with Robert Loggia bitching about toaster ovens cracks me up big time! :lol:

14. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

It's one of the few horror/comedies that works for me throughout. I love Don Rickles as Loggia's sleazy lawyer.

15. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Especially when Rickles gets vampirized! :lol:

16. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

I don't remember much about this movie other than that I really, really liked it. Must have the fancy, fancy DVD!!

17. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

I just saw this for the first time and was disappointed. The movie wasn't bad, just pretty average. The mob angle was fun, but the leads were very boring and killing vampires with head shots, WTF? There were some very funny moments, but not really anything scary so it didn't have that horror/comedy duality that American Werewolf had down pat.

18. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

I'm not much into vampire movies but I like this one. You combine horror movie with mob movie and I'm totally down. Add to that some of the notable cast members and it's a must.

19. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

I saw this in the theater and the only thing stopping me from seeing it again is the fact that we only have a full-frame, extras-free release. Gimme a SE and I'll pull my wallet out tout suite.

20. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Same here. But fucking lame-ass Warner (right now, they're eclipsing Paramount as the studio I most want to punch in the face!!) aren't in the market to even release a region-1 Creepshow edition. So we can forget about a better release of this film.

Although... if I'm not mistaken, I don't think the movie's been upgraded to a normal case like several of Warner's other snap-shut cardboard cases. So maybe there's a slight chance they'll re-release someday.

Hell, I'll rebuy it even if all they put on it is a trailer.