Intruder (Uncut): Cover Art & Specs

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Shawn Francis, Oct 5, 2011.

1. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

The new art is cool but the art on the Danish release really blows it away. Not that I'd let that stop me from buying it...

2. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Can't say I thought this would ever be in hi-def, but quite a welcome surprise.

So I guess those short films from the Dragon dvd will never make it to another edition, glad I have a dub of it. I'll definitly have to check this bd out, will be nice to finally really see the movie, all versions I've owned leave lots to be desired so I expect a massive upgrade. Even shitty HD will be a huge up.

3. sinister

sinister Member

IMO the cover is awful but I'll still be ordering this. I think this will have the worst cover of any VHS, LD, DVD or Blu ray that I've ever owned, haha.

4. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

Mine, regardless of cover art.

5. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I'm all over this. Can't wait for it to come out on Blu-Ray.

6. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

The Danish one is definitely cool. I like this better than what Synapse did...

[​IMG]

Did we ever figure out what that creepy looking image is supposed to be? The monster inside the killer?

7. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Cool cover, but that makes it look like a zombie/monster movie ;)

8. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Member

I love the new cover. Whether or not I buy the movie depends on picture quality. I'm not sure how much can be done with it, since it's so cheap and dark.

9. tropical marsh

tropical marsh Member

I wonder if it will be widescreen (like 1.85), since I believe all prior releases were full frame (1.33)?

10. Fall Break

Fall Break Member

I love the new cover as to me it really pops and I know what kind of movie this will be. When I look at my wizard dvd I have no idea what kind of movie it is. I want this right now.

11. bloodthrill

bloodthrill New Member

I am blown away by this...in addition to the cover art being awesome(utilizing what looks to be the original KNB FX "saw" head) the features absolutely floor me. When was the last time you saw auditions for a 20+ year-old horror flick available on a loaded S.E. disc?

About time this little late slasher-cycle sickie got its just due. Never-before-seen murder sequences? This doesn't sound like the Dragon work print stuff. I hope its part of the film, Like "Death Dorm".

In any case,Synapse hit this one outta the park. Cannot. Wait.:fire:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  12. bloodthrill

bloodthrill New Member

I am blown away by this...in addition to the cover art being awesome(utilizing what looks to be the original KNB FX "saw" head) the features absolutely floor me. When was the last time you saw auditions for a 20+ year horror flick available on a loaded S.E. disc?

Synapse hit this one outta the park. Cannot. Wait.:fire:

13. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Synapse's release of Christmas Evil had audition tapes, including one for a pre-Poltergeist JoBeth Williams (who didn't make it into the movie).

And to the person who asked if it will be widescreen, this is a quote from Don May that Fangoria posted:
    “We have uncovered the the original film materials and are in the process of scanning the uncut version in 2K HD."

So it sounds like a pretty safe bet that this will be a solid transfer.

14. Mitbox

Mitbox Member

Nice!, never thought this would make it to high def. that "early", since, if I remember correctly, it took a lot of time to get a release on DVD.

About the cover, did not like it, but I specially hate those stupid banners "from the producer of..." it ruins the cover for nerds like me who like the movies to look cute on the shelves. Does anyone wants a LP or CD with a banner on the cover? "from the producer of Britneys One more Time...".

Besides does someone actually on this internet era buy a movie by just looking at the cover and thinking "wow, this is produced by the same guy from Basterds and Pulp fiction, must be tarantino or something".

And now, what I don't understand is what is the DVD for? I thought they stopped doing that.

15. Fall Break

Fall Break Member

Preordered from amazon.ca for 20.99. Looking forward to this.

16. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

OMG! You're not going to believe this!:

http://www.fangoria.com/index.php?o...workprint-disc&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=167

"The upcoming Blu-ray/DVD combo release of INTRUDER (streeting December 13) will offer the chance to see, at long last, a fully uncensored, remastered version of Scott Spiegel’s cult gorefest. But there’s an even longer version of the movie out there, and a select number of fans will have the opportunity to view that as well.

Synapse Films has announced that it is making a special workprint version of INTRUDER (bearing its original title, NIGHT CREW: THE FINAL CHECKOUT) available on DVD-R. This edition of the supermarket-slasher film features even more gore, additional scenes and different editing, presented non-anamorphic without final music and sound FX, derived from Spiegel’s personal VHS copy. Only 500 of these individually burned discs will be issued, and will be sent to the first 500 people who order INTRUDER from Synapse’s website linked above.

“We want to give fans of the film something unique to relive the days when the only way to see the original uncut version of INTRUDER was through grey-market videocassettes,” says Synapse president Don May Jr. “So each disc will be individually burned for the customer, with a handwritten label and individually numbered from 1 to 500. Anyone who has already pre-ordered Synapse’s INTRUDER Blu-ray/DVD combo will have the DVD-R shipped to them along with their order. Once the 500 DVD-R discs are gone…they are gone.”

In addition to the restored feature, the INTRUDER Blu-ray/DVD includes commentary by Spiegel and producer Lawrence Bender, a documentary, excerpts from the original Super-8 version of NIGHT CREW and much more; go here for the full details. See Fango #309, on sale next month, for an interview with Spiegel and review of INTRUDER."

17. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

It´s already been posted, but still a great reminder.

18. Stige

Stige Active Member

synapse films can't send anywhere outside north america ..................oh well

19. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

when do u guys think they will send out copies i usually get my synapse titles from diabolikdvd because they get them in early usually but this dvd-r is too good to pass up let me know anybody who ordered from synapse before?

20. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

Don´t worry... it´s a DVD-R... soon enough it will be on the web.