Is cultaction.com legit?

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Novosibirsk, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Novosibirsk

Novosibirsk Member

I've been away from the DVD buying scene for a long time, but it looks as though cultaction.com has titles I've been searching for for a while...mostly Italian stuff. I know these aren't legit releases but does anyone have any experiences with these guys, good or bad, I'd like to hear.

I'd take a chance, but $$$ is tight, and I'm sort of past paying for sub VHS-rips of stuff like this.

2. mlock

mlock Member

I really wish I could help you, but until I read your post, I hadn't even heard of them. Now I too am curious as I also have a fondness for Italian genre cinema.

3. Eddyw78

Eddyw78 Member

Well they are going to be bootlegs of some description as a fair few of the titles on the site as far as I can see have had legitimate releases. I think it just depends on what sources they use as to how good these will look. Some are widescreen but some are 1.33.1 fullscreen. Only way to find out is to order one and see. I try to avoid these types of sellers now though as eventually alot of stuff does come out on disk and if you ever want to upgrade a movie you already have on a bootleg release the chances of re selling are nigh on impossible.

4. Novosibirsk

Novosibirsk Member

Thanks for the opinions all. I really don't want to chance it, but there are cult titles in the post-apocalyptic section which I feel will never be released on DVD, or it will be a long long time.

I really just wish sites like this would put up a 30 sec clip of the actual video quality. I know that's a lot of effort, but for fence sitters like me, that would be a massive selling point. I mean I have some terrible sub-VHS rips of a few of these flicks, and if it was an improvement I'd be on board. Oh well.

5. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Yeah Cultaction is yet another bootleg company.
    Usually bootleggers like this just download stuff from sites like Cinemageddon, and put them on discs.

6. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

What post apocalyptic flicks are you looking for? I know Code Red and Blue Underground have a few each planned for Blu-ray.

7. Novosibirsk

Novosibirsk Member

I've been looking for Hands of Steel for ages. Stuff like 2020 Texas Warriors, Equalizer 2000 is also on my list. Didn't know Blue Underground were doing much else than Blu upgrades...

8. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member