Is Fangoria coming to an end!?!?!?

Discussion in 'General' started by Nailwraps, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Active Member

I waited on a code (FURGORIA at the time) and recently paid $61 total, including shipping.

Did anyone check out how much the new Fangoria #1 sells for on eBay? It sells between $75 and $100. Not bad for something most people received for free.

baggio likes this.
  2. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I was one of the people that was supposed to get the free subscription. I never received any of the issues. Four or five times I emailed them and was always told the issues were coming but they never did. Most recently I was sent a resubscribe to Fangoria and mentioned I never received any issues and was again told they would send them out. Still haven't received anything.

3. SpaceAce

SpaceAce Active Member

Seems like they are pricing themselves out of the game. I would have picked one up at a newsstand possibly, but it looks like they aren't going that route. I don't see this reincarnation lasting too long...

4. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Active Member

That's strange, especially since you stayed on top of it. Instead of receiving issue #2, I received a ripped, empty envelope. I e-mailed them about it and was told one would be resent immediately. A month later I wrote back because the issue never arrived. That's when they finally sent it. It's not the best run operation, but they do get around to helping those in need. Except you, I'm sorry to say, which is really weird.

5. DVDBone

DVDBone Member

$15 per issue sounds pricey for a magazine but each issue of the new Fangoria is really more of a book with the high quality paper stock and binding. Even though it’s 100 pages, you can’t really compare it to another horror magazine like Rue Morgue, Horrorhound or Scream. I’ve been a huge fan of the new Fango and I also appreciate that they made good on their promise to fix things with old subscribers who were stiffed. For these reasons, I’ll gladly pay $80+ for another year. And if they keep the quality as high as it has been, I will be a subscriber for life (or more likely the life of the mag). Hopefully a lot of the subscribers that received a free year and enjoyed it will reward Fango with a paid subscription for year two so the new Fango crew can be successful.

baggio and Erick H. like this.
  6. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

I would keep emailing them again. Explain the entire situation. Hopefully they will give you year 2 for free. Or at the very least send you some year one issues.

7. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

On that topic.

Was wondering why old issues of Fangoria aren't being sold at a higher value(of course condition is a factor). Especially since in 2007 there was that fire that destroyed Fangoria's entire back issue storage. Roughly, issues #268 and back should be worth some coin imho. I mean Fangoria isn't People magazine, can't imagine the print number was high to begin with.

Some person on ebay is selling the entire collection 344 issues. For $2700. Mint/Near Mint all in bags/cardboard backing. Seems low. Since they said the stopped their subscription in the early 2000's. and had to buy off ebay to fill the rest.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  8. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Spacevis and f.ramses like this.
  9. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

I sold off lots of Fango and early Rue Morgue - I did OK but it’s a niche market. And the shipping is considerable.

10. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I've looked into the shipping as well and the best way I could find was to sell in lots of about 25 magazines using a priority flat rate box. This way it ends up costing under $15.00. I still feel it's a bit ridiculous that magazines can't be shipped via media rate.

11. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

That’s what I did. Flat rate.

12. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

25% off subscription with code CREEPSHOW.