Is Halloween 2 going to be Rob Zombie's most selfish film to date?

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by Mok, May 14, 2009.

?

H2 = Zombie's most selfish film?

1. Abso-freakin-lutely!!!! I can't believe this shit!!!

26 vote(s)
    42.6%
  2. Hmmmm. I'm worried...

8 vote(s)
    13.1%
  3. I'll wait and see.

13 vote(s)
    21.3%
  4. Nah, give him the benefit of doubt will you?!?!

14 vote(s)
    23.0%
  1. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  2. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I say give him the benefit of the doubt. Before Halloween (which I like less then now then I did then) the guy made arguably one of the top 3 horror films of the decade.

3. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Don't you find the preview implies that we're getting another Jason Voohese kind of take?

4. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I don't expect much from this film but who knows he might surprise us.

5. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

It might be a decent horror film, but it will not be a Halloween film, and that is what bothers me. He shouldn't be using the franchise's name if he is just going to butcher it and get rid of everything that is Michael Myers. Not wearing his mask for most of the movie, having his mom's ghost urging him on his kills, and most importantly not using the famous theme music! Blasphemy I say, blasphemy! If he wanted to make a movie about a bum with a beard and a hoodie killing people because his mom said to, then that's fine, just don't call it Halloween and use Michael's name to cash in.

Oh, and I somewhat enjoyed the first film and allowed the stupid changes and the bad white trash dialog to not ruin the film for me, but this is too much!

6. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, not worried. Actually looking forward to it. It is what it is, and you can't stop the stupid remakes. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Pretend it's Hauntedween 2 :)

7. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

I'm sorry, but none of Rob Zombie's horror movies were that good! Top 3? Hell, I could name 10 movies this decade that beat the living hell out of anything Rob Zombie's done so far!

As for me, I actually was intrigued when I saw that Moseley will be doing (DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THIS?) a take on Vincent Price's Dr. Death character from Amicus's Madhouse, 1974?

(stopped posting to go and watch the trailer) And, now I'm about as intrigued as I am when I sit on the toilet. WHY does new-millennium horror have to be SO incompetent? Oh wait... it's Rob Zombie... The question answers itself. Everything in that trailer is cliched, retarded shit (except for Sheri Moon). Who gets off on this? Someone who's never seen a horror film (or a decent THRILLER) before in their entire life? Who looks at this and says- "that's horror"???

I've already kind of come out of the closet as not really a fan of older, pre-60's horror... But I'd rather re-watch stuff that put me to sleep like The Haunting and The Uninvited in a heartbeat than this microwaved, re-heated, floppy, smelly, skanky, POSER "extremist" industrial survivalist bullshit. I've seen this exact same lighting, acting, production design, music score CUT & PASTE in at least 2 dozen other movies. 2 dozen other movies made in only the last year and a half.

What has happened to this genre? (Okay, I realize I said I'd had enough of this in a thread yesterday... I'm back)

Horror used to have style. Variety. Art quality. Imagination. An interesting plot. This is not any of those things.

It's still SAW but in a town, and instead of the victims tied up, they run around while a Professional Wrestler in a suit and mask chases them. That's it.

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  8. Mitbox

Mitbox Member

It looks just like any other horror movie from this decade. I think Zombie is mediocre at best, which is very disappointing since I love White Zombie, and I liked the devils reject. I thought that with all the love he's had for horror since he started in the show business, would be a person that could deliver horror better. So far he hasn't and that can only mean that he is either dumb, or just can't make anything good out of all the movies he's seen.

9. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

Huh...I think Devil's Rejects will be the only film of Zombie's I will ever enjoy.

As if his take on Myers wasn't 'Jason' enough (now, I LOVE the F13 series, but this is HalloweeN!) now we have a rip off of F13 Part 2's child psychology theme. Didn't this guy say he hates that franchise? So why make a copy of it with added white trash overtones? :D Oh dear. Could be good, but I am not putting my heart into this.

10. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

I dont mind his movies. I actually enjoyed House of 1000 Corpses, Devils Rejects was pretty solid and I even enjoyed the non-prequal portion of Halloween (Thought the prequal part was awful.) His stuff certainly hasnt blown me away but I enjoyed it. I dont expect much from Halloween 2, but maybe ill be surprised.

11. oogi2000

oogi2000 New Member

I am gonna wait until I see the film before I pass judgement. Until then, benefit of the doubt.

12. shockwave

shockwave New Member

Well let's face it, when someone tries to redo a classic like the original Halloween and even Halloween 2 to a lesser extent, it's not going to end well. I never saw the Halloween remake, I didn't need to, as much as I like White Zombie and Rob Zombie solo music and imagery, his films have been absolutely shit, nothing creative or inventive, I was bored out of my mind watching 1000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects, and I'm so sick of seeing people unable to do something without putting there wife or husband in it, we get it, she's your "muse", but she's not a great actress and the whole psycho white trash redneck beard thing has been done to death. Anyways, thats my take on it, I personally think Zombie shouldn't be allowed to make another movie again, but then again with all the crappy unoriginal "horror" movies that come out these days, sadly this will probably be hailed as some great masterpiece by all the morons that love this unimaginative shit they call horror now.

13. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

Where is the option for "who gives a shit, I don't care"? hahah

14. Horrorphilly

Horrorphilly Member

Just let Rob live his dream and remake the franchise.None of us are losing any money from the making of this movie.

sean

15. Body Boy

Coincidentally, that is what Rob Zombie said after a fan asked him if he was going to make H2 in likliness of the HalloweeN formula.

16. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

Well in my own humble opinion. I think his comment speaks volumes. Frankly I don't think he gives a shit about the original vision of Halloween. Instead he just made the formula to his own liking. Trailer park white trash bullshit with Sherri Moon of course in the movie. Which is cool in my book cause I don't a shit about his movies either. So the feeling is mutual. ;)

17. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I've liked Zombie's films to date and very much enjoyed his remake of Halloween.

18. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Having personally despised Rob's remake of Halloween, I figured it couldn't get worse. Just did. :fuck: The fact that Sheri gets another role proves the selfishness. Nice ghost makeup. :lol:

19. Body Boy

It was a joke actually. :D He never said it, but I'm sure he has been saying those lines a lot during the shooting of both Halloweens.

20. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Anyone else wonder if say 25-25 years down the road, Rob and Sherri will be sitting around the house watching their old movies. Will they look to each other and say "why the fuck were you/I in this/that film, besides being your wife?":D

I still love Rob's reduex of Halloween and am looking forward to this one, despite the F13 bits.

Good God, I just voted for "wait and see" and see the most haterlicious vote has more than all other 3 combined. It just boggles me how much everyone hates anyone who tries to make a horror flick these days. I'm trying to think of way to put this without sounding like a dick, but it might not happen:

I hate tofu, can't fucking stand it. I accept that and don't order it when I'm out, don't buy it at the grocery store, and don't bother to stand in front of the resturant that sells it screaming about how much I hate it (then ducking in to eat some). Ya'll hate the tofu too, but won't stop talking about it or eating it!

Last edited: May 17, 2009