Is Halloween 2 going to be Rob Zombie's most selfish film to date?

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by Mok, May 14, 2009.

?

H2 = Zombie's most selfish film?

1. Abso-freakin-lutely!!!! I can't believe this shit!!!

26 vote(s)
    42.6%
  2. Hmmmm. I'm worried...

8 vote(s)
    13.1%
  3. I'll wait and see.

13 vote(s)
    21.3%
  4. Nah, give him the benefit of doubt will you?!?!

14 vote(s)
    23.0%
  1. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

Well, I don't know how "selfish" it will be, but it certainly looks like it will suck hard. And NO, I won't "give him the benefit of the doubt." I gave him that 3 times already and each time he made a fool of me. Never again.

2. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Well I guess that's your opinion but I wouldn't be surprised if The Devil's Rejects does finish in the top 3 of our best of the decade tournament.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  3. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

Yeah, I adore Devil's Rejects. So I can't call him complete crap. But I'm still not a fan.

4. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

It really shocks me that anyone would criticize hardcore Halloween fans for being justifiably upset about Zombie's treatment of their favorite character. The effectiveness of Zombie's Halloween can be debated. But what's not debatable is that Zombie has zero understanding of Michael Myers as a character.

Thanks to Malek Akkad's decision to turn the series over to Zombie I don't expect to ever see Myers as originally conceived again. And yes, I am very angry about that.

Picture if the Friday the 13th remake featured Beetlejuice (the midget from the Howard Stern show) as a maskless Jason. And instead of living in the woods, Jason lived in the New York City sewers, wore a Superman suit, and killed subway commuters with a rocket launcher. Think anyone would have been upset about that?

Only people who don't care about Halloween would find fault with hardcore fan backlash about this ill-conceived sequel. I want the old Michael back.

5. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

I walked out of Zombie's Halloween a few years ago spitting mad looking for someone to fight. God, I hated every minute of that trash. No way will I waste my money, time, or patience with this sequel/rehash/shit-fuck.

6. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I read a recent interview where he talks about being annoyed at the trailer, because it was made while shooting was still going on and he wasn't involved in cutting it. He brought up things like the abundance of hospital footage, the shot of Daeg, ect.

I'll just wait and see. I'm not really digging Sheri Moon's presence as it does just seem to be a cheap way for Rob to give his wife screen time. I don't think she's a good actress but she got through the Devil's Rejects well enough. That's about it though. Even her three lines of dialog on Californication were cringe worthy.

7. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

I think it's going to be his worst to date, i'd be very surprised if it's anything but total dog shit.

8. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

Where do you get those wonderful toys?

9. Myron Breck

RIGHT?! I was just about to ask that myself!

10. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

That's pretty much how I feel about it. She doesn't even serve the storyline well, her purpose has finished anyway. Michael has an elektra complex, not an oedipal one, and seeing her in the trailer... It's already apparent she has more screentime now than she did in the first.

Give me a break. The first one was horrible enough as it is, this looks just like it but worse.

11. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

:lol:

12. Mazurka Macabre

Mazurka Macabre New Member

Halloween has been a pretty self-indulgent franchise since Season of the Witch, so I'm not too worried. Rob Zombie is the 14 year old in all of us distilled into one individual, so I think the movie will be fun to watch despite being a steaming pile.

13. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Abso-freakin-lutely!!!! I can't believe this shit!!!

14. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

15. CasEjonz

CasEjonz Guest

Kinda tough, because, there is a sense of anger that Zombie would have the audacity to take away the mask from Michael Myers in this film, yet if he played it like a straight homage to the original, then we get upset that its the exact same film as before and it did not need a remake. It is already apparent that Rob missed the true essense of the horror of Michael Myers. By making him white trash truly dilutes it. He has proven he doesn't get it, and he probably never will, so this will be a "frankenstein" of horror moments that Rob likes. Really is no different from any of the other remakes in name only that these obtuse film executive keep greenlighting because they want the brand recognition rather than take a chance on something original. I think that Zombie gets it the worst because he always came across as a high profile horror fan, and we all hoped he would act as a savior and give us quality horror, and he seemingly has become a false prophet and disappointed us all. (much like our politicians)

16. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Halloween Resurrection with Busta Rhymes and Tyra Banks on the other hand, had great understanding of what Halloween movies should be all about. :nervous:

And as for Vlachio, the "I don't give a shit" option isn't available to those who decidedly post multiple times in threads they claim not to care about. :D And yes those animated gifs you find are great. Thanks for taking the time to post them ;)

17. Myron Breck

Well-put, sir.

18. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

his remake was pretty good, i got to watch it again todaym and i realized how many references the original series...unlike the F13th remake. im gonna give him the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
  19. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

I am just happy this one won't happen in a trailer park. It will at least be worth sneaking into after watching another film in the same theatrical facility.

20. Severn

Severn Member

I'm not worried. He already shit the bed with the first one so there really is no thing to even worry about. It's bad, will always be bad and this sequel looks to be the most fantastically bad movie he could possibly ever make. The smokescreen of violence he uses for this isn't enough to hide the fact that he shit the bed again.