Is Halloween 2 going to be Rob Zombie's most selfish film to date?

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by Mok, May 14, 2009.

?

H2 = Zombie's most selfish film?

1. Abso-freakin-lutely!!!! I can't believe this shit!!!

26 vote(s)
    42.6%
  2. Hmmmm. I'm worried...

8 vote(s)
    13.1%
  3. I'll wait and see.

13 vote(s)
    21.3%
  4. Nah, give him the benefit of doubt will you?!?!

14 vote(s)
    23.0%
  1. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

I've watched the trailer via On Demand several times now. It looks awesome. I'm really looking forward to this, despite H1 being hit-or-miss for me.

Let's face it, the "old" Michael has been pretty much stuck in a rut since Part 4. Would you really rather see more Thorn cult / Busta Ryhmes bullshit? Really? Or how about a low-budget, DTV series a'la Hellraiser? Or no new Halloween whatsoever? I'll take a new take on a classic, in theaters, in time for Halloween.

2. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

The Cult of Thorn grew on me upon repeated viewings of the Producer's Cut. The idea was better in conception than in implementation, however. I like it because in a roundabout way it helps anchor HALLOWEEN III to the rest of the franchise. I can envision Conal Cochran being a member.

3. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes again to all of the above.

4. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

Actually, yes I would. I've been waiting for Halloween 7 for almost 15 years now, dammit!

And yes, I'm being deadly serious here. :mad:

5. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

6. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Looks a little better, still not excited about this one though. And why the hell is he picking up a car!? :lol:

7. maybrick

That trailer (like most of them these days) is roughly 70% black. It's hard to make out anything that happens in it. Count me as unimpressed.

8. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

for me anyway H2 halloween looks alot better than the final destination which should of been called final destination 4 i like the first 3 final destination but the 4th i am just not feeling goosebump vive like i did with the h2 trailers

9. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

I don't know how to break this to you, but the seventh Halloween came out way back in '98. The good news is, it's a decent flick, better than either of the ones immediately before or after it. Now off to the video store!

I hope not. I like her "Living Dead Girl" look and want to see how all that plays out.

Seriously, the only reason that near franchise-killing flaming turd Part 6 isn't denounced 10 times more for its revisionist Myers history (far worse than anything Zombie's done) is that there were far fewer bitching nerds on the internet in '95. "Rebooting" is the "in" thing now, but don't forget that it was the epic failure of Part 6 that necessitated a reboot for H20!

10. Stige

Stige Active Member

the new trailer gave me higher expectations for this

11. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Missed it by one spot. :)

12. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

The first trailer had me unimpressed but the second one looks better. Kind of hoping that the mom angle doesn't happen, or at least doesn't take up too much screen time. I just rewatched the remake and I didn't mind it as much, except that I get really, really bored with it before we get to the ending. Should've been cut down a bit:

"was that the boogie man?"
    "yes it was"

THE END!

Anyway, I'll give the sequel a chance but will probably wait for it on DVD this time as it's not a movie that I'm psyched to see.

13. I just watched the mostly pointless, and WAY too damn over-hyped by Fango's website, world premiere I guess you all chould say, of the Pop-Rockabilly video from that Captian Clegg made up idiot's "Zombie A Go-Go" (I take it based off Rob's old record label, I believe) on a recent new up date. Wow, that sure was dumb as all hell. I know this is a bit of an anti-social and eccentric comment, but to be quite honest, I SO badly hate most music. It's just noise pollution now. Fuck that was a dumb video & concept. Honestly: Who listens to this stuff? *shakes head*

I just hope his "music" inclusion in the new Halloween II sequel/re-imagining (cause as I've said here, I'm a big series lover and I do generally like a lot Rob's first film, as I'm in the minority, and this look's even better, ect) is very limited to the big Uncle Saymour Coffin's 4th Annual Haddonfield Halloween Bash we've all read about for months now, cause that was so horrid and pointless. I honestly hope Rob didn't write the lyrics as well.

But yeah, I'm still lookin' forward to the film. The second trailer, released later last month (or was it earlier this month? Dammit I'm bad with dates, sometimes) was a lot better then the first teaser, I felt.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2009
  14. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Hey thanks for posting that, I hadn't heard a thing about it! :p

15. I'll check it out .... on video probably.

I'm not expecting much, I'm not one for the new movie cannon much anymore. I used to love checking out the new big budget horror films but BlECH, they went so sour I went else where like any good horror film collector would. Theirs been a handful of really cool big budget releases in the 00's like The Hills Have Eyes remake, Pans Labrinth, Severance, The Grudge but mostly all of the good interesting releases have been re-releases of old films forgotten or uncut and foreign imports previously unavailable.

So therefore i doubt this film has what it takles to break its way free of the 00's horror film pattern, althought his Devils rejects showed a hell of alot of promise for him Halloween was just a average slasher film. Albeit the pace of visciousness of the film was near Grindhouse levels it wasn't all that well done.

I think I'm gonna pass on seeing this right away.

16. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

from the Rob Zombie Twitter page: H2 rated R "strong brutal bloody violence throughout, terror, disturbing graphic images, language, some crude sexual content and nudity."

17. springjack

springjack New Member

Just an opinion...

Don?t know why everyone is hating this movie...

I love Rob Zombie as a musician and a director...

Loved House of 1000 Corpses (waiting for a director?s cut)
    Loved Devil?s Reject
    Loved Halloween remake

Sure, Halloween is no classic when compared to the original but when you compare it with today?s horror movies in general it?s a classic on it?s own... And Rob Zombie as a thing that Carpenter also has... it has a personal way of making movies. It has a personal trademark. That you can?t deny.

Waiting to be rocked in Halloween 2....

This is just my opinion and not an attack at someone?s taste.
    ________
    FORD DURATORQ ENGINE

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  18. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

19. maybrick

You're going to waiting a loooooong time then. Zombie has said that he has zero interest in revisiting House of 1000 Corpses and that it, for lack of a better term, "is what it is".