is the shriek show Beyond the Darkness out yet?

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by DefJeff, Apr 17, 2002.

1. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

I noticed Diabolikdvd has it up for sale ... was it acutally relased yet?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2004
  2. blaster

blaster Guest

YES

Yes I am surprised no review it.

3. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

Can't wait to do a side-by-side comparison between the Shriek Show disc and the Italian Shock disc. I'll post my review when finished.

4. Trout

Trout Guest

Amazon still has it listed for 4/30. WTF.....

5. blaster

blaster Guest

Street Date

The sales people changed the street date for stores to ship in time but it has been shipping for about a week.

6. K'

K' Guest

I have this on order from dvdboxoffice, hopefully they will ship it soon :)

@DeafJeff
    Answer my pm.

7. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

My friend Dolph, who has incredibly high standards, says the disc looks A LOT nicer than the Italian Shock release, and I'm compelled to believe him. Apparently the IS release was taken from a 35mm print, whereas SS's new release went back to the Super16mm negative. Plus the Shriek Show disc has several xtras not available on IS's version. Chalk up another win for those of us with patience. After being a bit disappointed with JUNGLE HOLOCAUST, it appears things have taken a turn for the better. Hopefully Shriek Show will be able to keep up this trend of high quality with their upcoming releases of ZOMBIE HOLOCAUST and BURIAL GROUND (and after those two we'll be seeing TWO VAMPIRE ORPHANS and SOLANGE).

8. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Wait, so Blaster (or anyone else in the know), if I ordered this from www.DeepDiscountDVD.com , would it ship relatively soon? Or not till the 30th? Cuz I didn't see it at Best Buy today (not that I expected to), and every other retail store around here is expensive as hell.

9. horrorlover

horrorlover Member

is this movie dubbed into english or subtitled?

just wondering if this movie is subtitled or dubbed into english, hope it's dubbed. Also what aspect ratio is it?

10. poorlogic

poorlogic Guest

I ordered it from deepdiscountdvd as well - they haven't sent a notification that it has shipped. This was my first purchase from deepdiscount and i used the free shipping method, anyone know how long it should take (they state 5-10 business days)?

11. DefJeff

Re: is this movie dubbed into english or subtitled?

I prefer dubbed for my Euro dvds too ... I love having the option for subtitles, but the dubbing is always so hilarious and really adds to the movie for me.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2004
  12. crank

crank Guest

Are Zombie Holocaust and Burial Ground going to make street as well? And when will we get to view the Two Orphan Vampires and Solange cover art?

crank

13. Trout

Trout Guest

Yeah...how about updating the site.

14. blaster

blaster Guest

Stuff

Hello,

DeepDiscount DVD should ship it soon. Zombie Holocaust is in duplication and I expect will ship end of next week. Burial Ground has a street in May and will ship around 2nd week of May. I know you guys depend on Best Buy but they order on their own schedule and do not have it on time usually. Your best bet is the internet site and a new site from us coming in June called rareflix.com.

As for our website update, well we are crazy with rareflix but the artwork for Two orphans and Solange is not completly down yet. As for dub and subs, for the rollin and franco stuff we usually offer both but for the italian stuff has been just english except for lizard which will probably have the italian track also.

-john

15. Jog

Jog Guest

It usually takes around 5 rather than 10 day... they are fairly quick about it. Hope you like the packaging: an empty cardboard box with no padding save for the reciept! Hope the disc holds up... (or maybe they just packed mine like that)

16. cjg

cjg Active Member

My copy of Beyond The Darkness shipped yesterday 4 17 from Deep Discount Dvd

17. I got my copy yesterday -

...and it's dubbed. It does look pretty nice, although i have nothing to compare it to! sorry.

18. DefJeff

Re: I got my copy yesterday -

you honestly have the best user name ive ever seen

19. Lindane

Lindane Guest

I'm gonna have to agree with you Jeff and second that as well.:D

I guess I'll be hittin' up DeepDiscount now for Beyond .....:)

20. crank

crank Guest

I ordered Beyond the Darkness and Zombie Holocaust from Deep Discount last night. They have the release date for Zombie listed as 5-21-02, not 4-30-02 as most places do. I'm hoping to still get it by the end of the month, I'd hate to have to wait until next month for it, though I guess I do have my crapola Dragon edition of the film to tide me over until then, as if I ever wanted to watch that version again.

crank