is the shriek show Beyond the Darkness out yet?

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by DefJeff, Apr 17, 2002.

1. skinnypuppy6

skinnypuppy6 Guest

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO

I just picked it up at Media Play for 17.99 checked out the trailers and looking foward to getting those discs! and Cinzia Monreale is still fucking hott to be in her mid 40's

2. crank

crank Guest

This sucks, no one in Arizona gets Shriek Show DVD's on time. I checked Best Buy, and Frys Electronics (the only two places I can find their discs usually) and neither of them have it. Actually, neither of them have even gotten Killer Barbys in, I had to order that off of dvdempire.com. Hopefully DDD will ship it soon.

crank

3. skinnypuppy6

skinnypuppy6 Guest

best buy is always late with SS titles usualy media play gets them on time

4. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

I picked up the Buio Omega disc today at the Chiller convention in Jersey. Shriek Show had a table there. I must say that the transfer is damn impressive. :cool: Also, extras include an interview with Cinzia Monreale, a half-hour commentary with art director Donatella Donati, a still gallery, and several trailers, among which are Solange, House on the Edge of the Park, Buio Omega (of course), and a couple of others. I haven't seen the Italian Shock version, so I can't compare the two, but like I said, the Shriek Show disc looks great, and it has more extras than the IS disc. Nice job!

5. skinnypuppy6

skinnypuppy6 Guest

hands down the SS disc looks way better than the IS version and is so far the best looking disc they have put out!

Great Job John!

6. K'

K' Guest

I just got a mail from dvdboxoffice that they shipped my Beyond the Darkness. So if I'm lucky I might be able to watch it next weekend :)

7. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Damn, Borders didn't have it :(. We don't have Media Plays here either. Guess I'll wait for Best Buy, but jeez, to think they just got Jungle Holocaust in a few weeks ago :rolleyes:.

8. crank

crank Guest

As I said before, Best Buy hasn't even got Killer Barbys in yet, so you'll be waiting (by my guess) at least a month or more before they get Beyond the Darkness in.

crank

9. crank

crank Guest

I ordered my copy along with Zombie Holocaust from DDD with the free shipping option, and I'm afraid they are going to wait to ship it until Zombie comes out. Does anybody know if that is the case? Because if it is I've looked in the order in the My Account section, and I don't see any way to remove Zombie Holocaust from the order.

crank

10. DVDBone

DVDBone Member

Deep Discount DVD ...

I've ordered from Deep Discount DVD quite a few times in the past and they always ship things as they arrive. If something is on backorder or pre-release, they will ship the other items first. So no need to worry about them waiting until Zombie Holocaust arrives.:)

As for Beyond the Darkness, I read somewhere about the possibility of D'Amato using footage of real corpses in some of the scenes - like the autopsy and the cremation. Does anybody know anything about this? I want to see the movie but might pass if there are real corpses. As long as it's fake, I can deal with it but when I start seeing real corpses or real animal violence I get grossed out.

11. crank

crank Guest

I have read a couple of interviews with D'amato where he said that was all a bunch of bull shit, and he never used real human bodies. I do believe that in the autopsy scene he used real pig inards though.

crank

12. Trout

Trout Guest

During the autopsy scene, when the flesh is cut in close up, it was the skin of a pig. The film was pulled from a film festival because some of the people running it thought real corpses were being used (the fact that most of the actors were unknown helped contribute to this), but if you watch the autopsy scene you can see the girl breathing. As for the cremation scene, look at the flames, they are all in front of the girl being burned up (that scene does look very cool, the way her body starts to twitch and curl up).

13. crank

crank Guest

Well, my copy still has not been shipped. I hate to be impatient, but with this disc, there just isn't any other way I can think to be.

crank

14. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

anyone get theirs from buy.com ?? thats where i ordered mine from just today....

15. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I miss Buy.com, I think I'm gonna order it from them for nostalgia value. Nobody dare give me that page-long spiel about why they suck, I learned how to deal with 'em and I like 'em too! :p

I checked Suncoast today, and they said they could special order it for $20, but it'd take 2 weeks. Fuck that.

16. skinnypuppy6

skinnypuppy6 Guest

Andy: BOD contains Adult Subject Matter!:D

17. Andrew

Andrew Guest

B..b...b..boobies? :p:D

18. skinnypuppy6

skinnypuppy6 Guest

yes! and a grown man getting breast fed by his older sister?:)

19. DavidHess

DavidHess Guest

Lindsay's Anderson's O' Lucky Man has another excellent "suckling" scene between Malcolm McDowall and some older woman. It's quite a treat. Lindsay Anderson's work is generally a treat.

Come to think of it, Anchor Bay just released Lindsay Anderson's Brittania Hospital on DVD. That pays off. Neato. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

DavidHess
    Proudly fucking up a perfectly good Joe D'Amato thread.

20. Sinister Ash

Sinister Ash New Member

is this film one of those sleazy films with lots and lots of bbbb boobies and sex?

I might put this on my to check out list