is the shriek show Beyond the Darkness out yet?

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by DefJeff, Apr 17, 2002.

1. Regurgitate

Regurgitate New Member

Damn, I ordered BTD from deepdiscountdvd and I picked overnight delivery. They still haven't sent me my shit and now every other online store has it in stock. DDD can eat a big fat dick.

2. crank

crank Guest

I too am still waiting for DDD to send my disc. If they don't send it either Monday or Tuesday, I'm going to cancell my order.

crank

3. poorlogic

poorlogic Guest

I checked with DDD, I ordered it on 4/13 and will not ship till 4/30...only a 2 more days.

4. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

is Zombie Holocaust still coming out april 30th

5. crank

crank Guest

It looks as if Zombie Holocaust has been bumped back to 5-21-02. Hopefully Burial Ground will keep its 5-28-02 release date, then I can order them together.

crank

6. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Okay, I've got my copy, and I was wondering if 1:85:1 is its correct aspect ratio, because I've heard of a R2 version that is 1:66:1. Anyone know???

7. gunner

gunner Cropsy Maniac

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the reversible cover art insert. The alternate flipside has a euro styling,pretty cool.I may end up displaying that side. I never knew M.B. were going to do this with Buio Omega, I thought Zombie Holocaust was the only one planned with a dual cover.
    --Cujo, Yes the Italian Shock release has a 1.66:1 ratio,I'm not sure exactly what ratio is correct but the Shriek Show release in 1.85:1 does have a little bit of added side info,and it loses some off the top and bottom,which looks to me to be framed most accurately.
    --Also,with all the complaints about the "House Of The Park On The Edge" trailer having a screwy title error nobody noticed how great the trailer actually looked,miles ahead of EC's LD,DVD transfers.

8. STREET TRASH

STREET TRASH Synthicide

Aaaaarrrgghh!!!! I made an hours drive to Suncoast earlier tonight looking for BEYOND THE DARKNESS, and came home
    empty-handed.

Anyone know when Best Buy will get it?

Heh, I've checked 2 Best Buy, 2 Borders, a slew of FYEs, 1 Suncoast, Musicland, Sam Goody!!!! NO ONE has it, and people keep mentioning this Media Play but I have no idea what the fuck it is.....

Last edited: Apr 30, 2002
  9. Trout

Trout Guest

Media Play is a lot like Best Buy, Suncoast, etc... (but they have books too). I find Best Buy has the best prices all around. I ordered my DVD from MP on-line and got it pretty quick (within 5 days) and for about $17.

10. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

Instead of driving to these stores why don't you call them first to see if they have the movie in stock. That way if they don't have the movie you don't need to drive to them.

11. blaster

blaster Guest

Thanks

Thank you for all the praise. we really tried hard on this disc. We went with the 1:85:1 becuase we felt it gave it the best look.

As for Zombie Holocaust it will be shipping next week to stores. It is up to them when they start shipping. We just got the Best Buy PO so as always they will have it in about 2-4 weeks.

Your best bet is still Musicland chain and e-commerce. It includes Suncoast, Media Play and Sam Goody. Call first since not every store will have in stock.

As for House trailer I think I explained but the trailer was like that whne we got it. It will have the correct name on the packaging but we did not want to edit it because we felt the text had special effects and we do not like to edit in general.

-blaster

12. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

I recently found out about this flick and ordered it, I was just wondering is it true that real footage of autopsies and shit are used in this film? I read about the cremation scenes being fake, but found nothing based on other scenes. I just hate films with real death/human gore footage put into them. If anyone could help me out, I'd appreciate it!

13. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Apparently it is not true. So go ahead and watch it with a clean conscience. It is a fun ride if you like this kind of stuff.

14. old-boo-radley

I think I do ;)

I've never seen Nekromantic or anything like this really, so I'm expecting a wild ride, I just read somewhere that the organs the guy was cutting up didn't look like cow's, they looked human, and it got me a little weirded out. You'd think it'd say in the commentary, but as far as I can find, I can find no real evidence they did, except Joe D'amato said the cremation scene is fake.

15. So what are people's thoughts on the film? Obviously people in this thread like it, but any general opinions on it for the uneducated? Thanks.

16. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

I think it's a great, twisted little movie. It's got gore, sleaze, and some nice Goblin music. :glasses:

17. old-boo-radley

I am still waiting for my copy, but I have read 2 Joe D'amato interviews in which he says NO corpses/autopsy shit was used, so you can watch it with an open mind!

18. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

It kind of bored me, actually.

19. Atmims

Atmims Guest

Personally I love the film. There are gorier flicks out there but this one has such a morbid, sleazy atmosphere...Great 'Goblin' soundtrack too.

20. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

I thought there were certain scenes in it that are cringe-worthy. Yeah, the Nekromantic films and Schramm are pretty messed up also. I kinda find it akward to watch these films with anyone else around. Look out for the film Aftermath to come out on dvd soon. People were actually fainting during the screening. Suckies.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2004