It's HAPPENING...another contest!

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Oct 5, 2008.

1. rhett

rhett Administrator

After suffering bad will (THE VILLAGE) and bad box office (LADY IN THE WATER), M. Night Shyamalan came roaring back with his Hard R ode to global warming, THE HAPPENING. Starring Marky Mark and the REAL GIRL, Zooey Deschanel, the film has a lot to offer for horror buffs, and thankfully Fox has a few to offer to HORROR DIGITAL members. The movie streets on October 7th on Blu-ray and DVD with a bunch of extras. We've got three DVD copies to give away, all you have to do is tell us what is your favorite M. Night Shyamalan movie, and why?

Cite a favorite scene, favorite performance, or just an overall impression, it's up to you. Winners will be chosen randomly a week from today on Sunday, October 12th, when our new contest will be announced.

[​IMG]

So again, post in this thread and tell us, what is your favorite M. Night Shyamalan movie, and why?

Attached Files:

• happ.jpg
      happ.jpg
      File size:
      109.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

I'm going to have to go with The Sixth Sense. Bruce Willis was awesome in it, and it was one of those movies that definitely tricked me. Excellent ending - might be one of the best "twist" movies ever.

3. Copyboy

Copyboy Member

I've seen all of his movies except The Happening and of all his previous films, I'd have to say that my favorite M. Night Shyamalan movie has not been made yet. Maybe it will be The Happening. And maybe it won't.

4. addicted2dvd

addicted2dvd New Member

I will have to say The Sixth Sense as well. I remember seeing that movie in the theater with my niece and my sis-in-law... and all 3 of us enjoyed it. I liked it for not only the twist... but for the good work they did on all the ghosts. the ghosts in this movie ranged from entertaining to right creepy. Yup... The Sixth Sense would definitely have to be my favorite.

5. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

What I really liked about The Happening was lack of explanation. M. Night left a lot up to the viewer to figure out for themselves, much like the characters on screen. I went in knowing that the dialogue had a strangely juvenile feel to it so that didn't bother me so much.

Fave M. Night flick would have to be Signs. I watched that movie while coming off meds so I was sort of in a strange daze. The part at the birthday party actually shocked me enough to make me jump in my seat :p

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  6. rhett

rhett Administrator

Best reason for liking a movie. Ever. :lol:

7. onebyone

onebyone Guest

The Sixth Sense for me, because it was the only one that I have seen that wasn't just god awful and pathetic.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2008
  8. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

The Sixth Sense because its just an awesome and thrilling ride. I actually prefer this one over Stir Of Echoes :eek1:

9. _pi_

_pi_ Peace, bitch

Signs is my favorite Shyamalan film - it's simply so sensational, such a fun ride. I know it has huge logic loopholes and that it makes no sense under close scrutiny, but seeing that film in a theatre, I was thrilled, scared and entertained throughout. I totally loved it, and still do. I think Shyamalan the director is a lot more talented than Shyamalan the screenwriter, which is why I've come to accept and somewhat enjoy his later offerings. I still despise The Village, though.

10. Johnny Macabre

Johnny Macabre New Member

Shyamalan has made a lot of great movies. Signs and Unbreakable come to mind... But Unbreakanle is my favorite. What always attracked me to that movie is the way Shyamalan direct. I love the fact that he almost never cut, using long shots and the most original angles.

The first time Bruce Willis is fighting with the child molester is such a great scene, being shot from outside the house and only showing us the action from the windows with the curtains flying in the wind!

11. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

The Happening is actually my favorite from Shyamalan. I've seen all of his films, and usually end up finding more to dislike. In this case, though, the opening 45 minutes or so are really solid and the film held my attention. I hiope there is more of that kind of stuff in the unrated version. Always enjoy films where ordinary people start to mysteriously hurt themselves or others out of the blue and without obvious motivation, guided by an unseen force. That's creepy.

Unbreakable was an okay film, too, but I would most likely not rewatch it.

12. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

My favorite? The Happening 'cause it's got MARKY MARK, yo.

13. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

I never ever win these things but what the hell, I will go with Unbreakable, since it is one of the most realistic superhero films that I have seen.

14. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Signs, since it's the only film of his I've ever wanted to view a second time. :p

15. Mattapooh

Mattapooh Member

Signs, if just for the Brazilian birthday party scene. If you saw that for the first time and didn't jump, you're way too desensitized. That was one of the scariest scenes of any movie and there really wasn't anything even happening! No cheesy jump scare, no loud noises, just a bucketful of suspense and an alien walking by. Still gives me the willies!

16. Spacevis

Spacevis There's some Dettol in the jeep!

It's so hard to pick a favourite. I think I'd have to go with Unbreakable since that's what my gut is telling me. Visually stunning, good acting and it opens a door to your own imagination since the ending just leaves you hanging. With this movie he showed me his infamous twist endings are actually very secondary.

17. bwana the clown

bwana the clown Supreme Ruler Of Sados

Haven't seen The Lady In The Water, or The Happening yet, but my vote goes to Unbreakable. Easily. I popped in the DVD with low expectations (having been completely underwhelmed by 6th sense), but wound up really loving it. A great premise and a great ending which I did NOT see coming. Although it doesn't just rely on the ending for its impact, as there are several very tense and suspenseful moments throughout. Good stuff!

18. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Surely the ONLY way to enjoy the movie. Not without Meds. Not while on them. But in that middle ground where you're convinced you're fine, but really you're still messed up. :D

19. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

Unbreakable. Nice start to what was supposed to be a trilogy. Perhaps it is a blessing that it didn't do so hot at the box office as it has all been downhill for Shamalamadingdong since.

20. stl7dust

stl7dust Guest

My favorite film from the director is Signs. My favorite scene is the climax standoff between the family and the alien. It might seem simple, yet the whole film is about simplicity. There is something powerful and uplifting about that scene.