It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown 4K UHD HDR 9/26/17

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by X-human, Aug 26, 2017.

1. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

In a move that surprised literally everybody, SD, HD and UHD fans alike, WB is releasing 9 Peanuts specials on UHD in HDR. And for us Halloweenies they've kicked off the series with:

[​IMG]
    It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown 4K UHD
    Street Date: September 26, 2017
    $29.98 SRP

On September 26, 2017, WBHE will offer It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown 4K UHD, which will retail for $29.98 SRP. This release will feature two bonus specials, including It's Magic, Charlie Brown and Charlie Brown's All-Stars.

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown - This Emmy Award-nominated special finds the Peanuts gang outfitted in costumes, ready for trick or treating and crashing Violet's Halloween party. Charlie Brown is in a ghost costume (with more eyeholes cut out than needed), Lucy dressed as a witch and Snoopy in a World War I flying ace costume. Linus decides to steadfastly hold vigil in the pumpkin patch, as he awaits the Great Pumpkin.

Additional releases of A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and A Charlie Brown Christmas will follow along with a full box set of the specials.

Full Press Release:
    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Ch...cials-4K-UHD-Peanuts-Holiday-Collection/23447

I never did pick these up on DVD or Blu-ray for that matter. But I've recently re-evaluated these and would be willing to pick them up cheap down the road someday.

If they don't DNR the hell out of it there's a fair chance at a good look at some fine animator strokes. However I doubt that will happen, as Warner as been one of the most guilty with DNR on their animated titles.

othervoice1 likes this.