It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown 4K UHD HDR 9/26/17

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by X-human, Aug 26, 2017.

1. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

In a move that surprised literally everybody, SD, HD and UHD fans alike, WB is releasing 9 Peanuts specials on UHD in HDR. And for us Halloweenies they've kicked off the series with:

[​IMG]
    It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown 4K UHD
    Street Date: September 26, 2017
    $29.98 SRP

On September 26, 2017, WBHE will offer It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown 4K UHD, which will retail for $29.98 SRP. This release will feature two bonus specials, including It's Magic, Charlie Brown and Charlie Brown's All-Stars.

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown - This Emmy Award-nominated special finds the Peanuts gang outfitted in costumes, ready for trick or treating and crashing Violet's Halloween party. Charlie Brown is in a ghost costume (with more eyeholes cut out than needed), Lucy dressed as a witch and Snoopy in a World War I flying ace costume. Linus decides to steadfastly hold vigil in the pumpkin patch, as he awaits the Great Pumpkin.

Additional releases of A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and A Charlie Brown Christmas will follow along with a full box set of the specials.

Full Press Release:
    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Ch...cials-4K-UHD-Peanuts-Holiday-Collection/23447

I never did pick these up on DVD or Blu-ray for that matter. But I've recently re-evaluated these and would be willing to pick them up cheap down the road someday.

If they don't DNR the hell out of it there's a fair chance at a good look at some fine animator strokes. However I doubt that will happen, as Warner as been one of the most guilty with DNR on their animated titles.

othervoice1 likes this.
  2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

This special airs every October on ABC... until now.

2020 is the first year that ABC will not be airing It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. The rights have been acquired by AppleTV, and they will have it available to stream every October going forward.

Kind of a bummer. I never bought the disc because I would just DVR it every year.

3. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Lol. How much detail does this tv special actually need?

othervoice1 likes this.
  4. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Wow, with The Simpsons and Bob's Burger Halloween specials each getting pushed back this is an out and out attack on Halloween. They'd never get away with that for Christmas!

There's a house in our neighborhood that has a bunch of wood cut out of scenes from It's the Great Pumpkin on their front yard. It's really cool. Makes me think I should do the same for Halloween is Grinch Night to give that some love.

5. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

You sure? I believe A Charlie Brown Christmas will only be available on AppleTV as well.

6. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

I don't know what the reason for it being pushed back this time is or what the reasons, if any, were in the past but the new Treehouse of Horror airing after Halloween is a somewhat common thing with The Simpsons as it's happened in seasons 12 - 20 and in season 22. I remember when I was into The Simpsons this used to really annoy me. lol, I just searched for "Simpsons Treehouse of Horror" and it brings up all these "news" stories about how it's airing after 10/31 this year, I don't recall anyone except me giving a shit about this in years past.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  7. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

There was a baseball game that pre-empted the Sunday night Fox broadcast. It was a game 7 of a championship series. Had the series ended earlier, we would have seen Treehouse of Horrors and the rest of the Fox animated shows that night.

f.ramses likes this.
  8. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Spacevis likes this.
  9. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

well, if we're gonna post Peanuts holiday special parodies...

buck135 likes this.