Jason Goes to Hell dvd

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by zombi3, Feb 6, 2002.

1. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Now that Jason X is officially hitting the theatres on April 26, Jason Goes to Hell should be coming to dvd as well. Let's hope it's the unrated version and that New Line doesn't pull a "Trimark". (Remember ROTL3?)

2. AceRimRat

AceRimRat Guest

I hope this is coming soon, and I hope it's the unrated version.

And since I've only seen it on video, I'm hoping it's nice and widescreen-OAR.

:p :D :p

3. rhett

rhett Administrator

I think it will be unrated. The only reason I can justify New Line using the theatrical prints for the Nightmare On Elm Street films is because the box set was such a big risk, that keeping it rated probably allowed maximum distribution to stores, but that is just my guess. New Line has been very good with uncut material, so I don't think they will disappoint, especially since there has been plenty of feedback supporting the uncut print at the various chats they've had on the net.

I hate this movie, but I would buy it uncut, because the gore is just too cool!:)

4. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

There is also some rough footage, including the "hell spawn" sequence and a scene where a guy gets his face bashed into the bathroom sink, that is missing from both the R-rated and unrated versions. Hopefully this will be on the dvd as an extra!

5. I saw the old unrated laserdisc - that had some cool footage in there.

6. dlundh

dlundh Guest

The UK R2 PAL disc seems to be the "unrated" version but it's in 4:3.

It's available now though so if you have a regionfree player... Knock yourself out! :)

7. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

So far New Line has not released any info on this dvd. Does anyone know if it will be out by Jason X?

8. K'

K' Guest

At least the 4:3 picture is open mate and not pan&scan. The quality of the disc ok, slightly better than the unrated us ld I own.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2002