Jason X and Jason Goes to Hell DVDs!!!

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Dave, Jul 16, 2002.

1. Dave

Dave Pimp

What does everyone think?

2. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Yay! JGTH unrated!!!
    Those discs are mine!!!

3. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

Nice! :D

Now if they would do this for the rest of the movies instead on releasing those bare bones cut dvds.:eek:

4. Wez4555

Wez4555 Happy Trees Motherfucker!

wow all i wanted out of JGTH is the uncut version..but they deliver the R version to (that will be my first time seeing the R). plus a few nice extras. i hope there not in crapper snappers...that would suck...but im willing to take a crappy snapper in place of 2 solid discs.

ps- is jason x going to be unrated? it doesnt really matter cause it sounds like not much gore was takin out anyway..but im just wondering.

5. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

yea i was curious myself to see if Jason X would be the uncut one or not

6. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Eh, don't ya think they'd mention if it was Uncut? I mean they did with JGTH, so why not? But whatever, I'll get these two too (haha). I feel kinda disappointed, although I have no reason why...:confused: .

7. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Yeah, me too. I don't understand why New Line would release one uncut and the other cut, unless the trims are really not substantial enough to justify an unrated version. Anyway, when JX comes out maybe someone who has the uncut R2 disc can post a comparison.

8. rhett

rhett Administrator

This is great news, I knew New Line would not disappoint. Take note, Paramount, this is how you treat Mr. Voorhees! :)

9. Fistfuck

Fistfuck Slowest to 2000 posts

I heard that Paramount was planning on revisiting the Friday series now that 7 and 8 have been released. It seems they have been listening to the fans but for some stupid reason, they wanted to release a barebones edition before they release any kind of special edition. This just doesn't make sense to me. If you're going to put the money into making two editions, why not just make one definitive edition which will be a sure sell?

10. rhett

rhett Administrator

Why sell the DVD of a film once when you know that fans would buy both of them? From an economic standpoint, Paramount is doing the smart thing to do.

11. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

Before I reply to the topic, I'll say fuck Paramount. Do it right the FIRST time. Sure its smart from a profitable standpoint, but it pisses me off to no end as a consumer. Now.......I'm glad to see NL giving both of these F13th films a release they deserve. JGTH will make a nice addition, even though The Man himself is hardly in the film. The fact that its unrated helps. Jason X wont be uncut because according to Issac himself, there really wasnt much to cut at all. Only over-the-top stuff that he KNEW would be cut, such as the guy that gets killed on the giant screw. He originally spun around and around and around and around and around, so the MPAA asked him to cut out a few frames. I just cant wait to own it on disc, Jason X fucking rocked.

12. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

"Over-the-top" is good. :rolleyes:

13. Fistfuck

Fistfuck Slowest to 2000 posts

rhett, you're correct that from an profitable standpoint it makes sense. I guess sometimes I just place too much faith in large companies. They never got my dollar though. I haven't bought a single F13 film on DVD. Not only was it a barebones edition, but the asking price was insane. I rarely pay $30 for ANY DVD.

14. AceRimRat

AceRimRat Guest

Sweet!

Outstanding!

I knew New Line would come through on these. Says something about them vs. Paramount when you compare specs.

And I am very glad JGTH is available unrated - that's a much better version of the film, which I really do like.

And I liked Jason X too so I'm glad it's getting a nice PS treatment.

Come on, October...

:D :D :D

15. Wez4555

as stated before..what new line did with nightmare on elm street was the perfect thing to do. sure i would of liked them uncut but they added so much shit..it actually didnt bother me. what new line did is exactly how paramount should have done (minus the crapper snappers). i know money wise what there doing is smart but there pissing off everyone and thats not wise. i dont care if Nightmare On Elm Street made new line....JGTH and jason x didnt make new line and there still putting out exellent dvds for both. paramount is just in some wacko world with disney...:rolleyes:

16. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

17. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Uh, when I said dissappointed, I meant about the disc. I know it was only a few frames cut, so I don't really care about the uncut-ness.

I guess I wanted to like these movies more than I did, if that makes sense...

18. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

Is Jason X gonna be in one of those shitty paper snap cases???

19. Wez4555

i dont know..new line cant make up its damn mind what they want. blade 2 is going to be a platium edition and i think its going to be a keep case (from the pics ive seen). all the infinifilms (of whatever) are in keep cases..but some newer platinum editions are in crapper snappers.:rolleyes: damn new line..make up your mind haha

20. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest