Jason X Discussion

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by rhett, Apr 25, 2002.

1. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Those things suck! I hate 'em....Companies should do away with these things.:cool:

2. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

I loved this movie. Everything about it was great. I'll admit that I was a little leery of the idea of putting my most-loved hockey masked man in space, but New Line has done good as far as I'm concerned. The whole opening sequence at the Crystal Lake research facility was great. It even has a cameo by Cronenberg. Classic scenes. And then even once they were on the spaceship it was done right I felt. The killings were some of the most inventive and brutal as I've seen in a Friday the 13th film. And Uber-Jason wasn't as bad as I thought he could have been. The trailer made it look like he was Uber-Jason for practically the whole movie, but such was not the case. He was only that way for about the last 20 min or so. Classic Jason looked as good as ever. And the score, though not as good as previous entries, was still solid and I'm glad that Harry Manfredini was back on board also. I can't wait to pick this up on DVD and I'm going to see it again tonight or tomorrow. If you're a fan of the series, I'd say run to see this movie.

3. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

The new issue of Fangora has an interview with the Jason X director. There is also a picture of Peter Mensah's character Sergeant Brodski sneaking up on Jason. Not Uber Jason but before he got upgraded. I really hope there is a good battle scene between these two and it gets put on the dvd release.

4. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Had to ressurect this post :D.

I finally saw it last night at 10:30, and really liked it. It was a genuinely good movie till the kung-fu robot popped up, then it started to get cheesy/shitty. But then.....good GOD, the Crystal Lake sequence was literally the funniest thing I've seen at the movies in atleast a year. When I heard about it, and got into the movie, I was waiting for it. But when it didn't come in the first hour I had figured that I had mixed the opening scene with the VR sequence. But damn was I pleasantly surprised :). Uber Jason is horrible though. The movie is definitely not for the "hardcore fans" of the first three, but those of you that've seen (and liked) most of 'em, you gotta check this out. And I know there are a few more stragglers like myself that haven't seen this yet.....so go do so right now.

On a side note, after the movie me and my friend watched The Final Chapter (which is still my favorite). It has a lot of character development and gruesome deaths, and it's definitely the best of the series. I never knew who Crispin Glover was, but he's the "dead fuck" right?

5. TobalRox

TobalRox Active Member

Yep, that's him... also known as Marty McFly's dad :D

6. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

this is a rumor. they only sent out promo packets for the film, but New Line will be releasing it on dvd, not AB. this rumor was put to rest by Michael Felsher of Anchor Bay

Last edited: May 15, 2002
  7. Karm

Karm Guest

Any idea of a UK release date?