Jeepers Creepers 3

Discussion in 'General' started by boycrieswolf, Jul 10, 2008.

1. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

2. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

3. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

I cannot wait to see this film. I love the first two movies and I love the Creeper. I thought Jeepers Creepers was one of the very best horror films during the first decade of the 21st century. By far one of my favorite horror films in the last 20 years.

BTW Maybrick - I hope that Salva put numerous bare chested dudes in this film. If he does, I will personally buy you your own shirtless Kewpie doll..LOL.
    Honestly folks - for those of you still on a witch hunt, give it fucking rest already!!!!!

Zombie Dude likes this.
  4. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

Will this take place slightly in the future as the last film implied? I thought that was the original idea, but the synopsis found in the link has me thinking otherwise. That's what I'd want to see; old man Ray Wise and middle-aged Gina Phillips banding together for a roaring rampage of revenge.

5. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I hope this ends up being as solid as the previous two. I didn't think we'd ever get a third film so this is pretty exciting.

Harry Warden likes this.
  6. shift

shift Hot as shit!

I too plan to watch it. I enjoyed part I & II

7. Harry Warden

Both Ray and Gina were exceptionally good in their roles. I could go for both them teaming up against the Creeper. Not sure about the timeframe. I been hearing some conflicting news about that. Just looking forward to the third film.

8. Harry Warden

I think it will be a solid film. The introduction of the Creeper was such a refreshing change from most of the serial killer films of the 90's. The Creeper is so iconic and I agree, the two films were very solid. I still prefer the original a little better because there was the mystique of what we were actually dealing with and it was scary as hell.

9. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

Enjoyed the first very much when I first saw it in theaters, so much so that I returned the following week to see it again. Bought the dvd the day of release also.
    Loved the nod to 'Duel' that permeates the early part of the film and creates such tension, the eerie theme song, the mysterious aspect of 'The Creeper' prior to the reveal. 'The Creeper' especially before the reveal reminded me of a cross between a vintage EC comics villain and a classic Universal pictures antagonist.
    I also appreciated the unique bond of brother and sister between the Justin Long and Gina Phillips characters, a nice alternative to the usual boyfriend/girlfriend tandem found in these films.
    The film did lose steam for me once the creature was revealed and flew into sci-fi territory but overall this film and Wrong Turn were favorites of that period, even though I've since completely burnt out on Wrong Turn.
    I was apathetic to the sequel and can remember very little of it.
    With the returning characters this has the potential to be a memorable entry and the film that part II should have been.
    I'll definitely see this one.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  10. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I agree. It was definitely a pleasant surprise to see a good monster movie pop up when the genre seemed dead. The fact that it was a memerable and iconic horror character was icing on the cake :)

Anthropophagus likes this.
  11. Dave

Dave Pimp

This thread is getting derailed and I'm just as guilty as everyone else. I have cleaned out all the comments re: Victor Salva's past crime. Lets keep the discussion to the topic on hand - Jeepers Creepers 3. If you have an issue with the director, skip this thread, please.

12. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I kind of liked the first one, but agree that Salva went too over the top with the Creeper. He shouldn't have given him wings because it pretty much defeats the purpose of him needing a truck. I don't remember too much about the second film, having long gotten rid of both films from my collection, but I'd be up for a third.

13. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Active Member

So. This isn't going to be the Wild West set prequel we've been promised for years?

14. Harry Warden

Thank you!

15. Dave

Dave Pimp

@Shannafey - You are welcome to start a thread in Off Topic about Salva and go to town on him. I'm sure there will be lots of discussion (I'll certainly join in) about it and that is the appropriate place for it to happen. You may disagree and think the discussion belongs here but I disagree. Thanks.

16. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    No prob Dave

17. The Tall Man

The Tall Man Member

That seems unlikely now given the information available. However, it would still be awesome to have an opening sequence, or some kind of flashback to the "old west".
    • Filming is aimed to begin sometime in the first quarter of 2016 in Vancouver.
    • Victor Salva was quoted saying: "Writing and directing a new Jeepers film, the first in over a decade, is incredibly exciting. For me and I believe for Jeepers fans all over the world that have been asking for more. What will go before cameras as Jeepers Creepers 3 is a new and terrifying chapter from the Jeepers universe. We are bringing back the Creeper’s truck, and will be addressing the big questions about The Creeper: what it is, where it came from and why it does what it does. More exciting though, this will easily be the most frightening rollercoaster ride of a Jeepers film that has been made to date." (9/11/15)
    • Original synopsis: Set 23 years after the previous film, we follow Trish Jenner (Gina Phillips), who is now a mother. Realizing that the return of the Creeper is just around the corner, she begins to have terrible recurring nightmares of her own teenage son confronting the creature and suffering the same fate as her deceased brother. Now a rich and powerful woman, she's determined to finally put an end to the Creeper once and for all.
    • According to a Q&A with Justin Long the film is having trouble finding proper financing, which is apparently the only thing stopping it from moving forward. Next to that, Long confirms that the current script is called Cathedral and focuses on Gina Phillips character "Trish". He also adds that his character Darry would return in a flashback. (9/18/14)
    • Victor Salva once again spoke about the upcoming film, where he revealed that its been ready to shoot for over seven years now, saying: "It has come close several times to going before cameras, and I hope someone sees the wisdom in shooting this, the third and final Creeper tale, I still can't tell you what the fate of this third film will be. According to IMBD we are already filming - I guess they started without any of us!"
    • Salva was reportedly approached about turning this into a possible 3D movie, which he wasn't happy about: "3D would absolutely devastate the script - since the added 2 to 3 million in production costs would strip the screenplay down to a point where it would be smaller in scale than the original Jeepers Creepers. And then even that money dried up. I would say the film has been on and off the front burner at least nine times during the last few years."
    • According to writer/director Victor Salva this film ends in a cliffhanger that would lead into a potential 13-episode television series. Salva was quoted saying: "The third Jeepers film, and I can't tell you how it ends but it is a real show-stopper, I designed to kick off a thirteen episode season of a TV series, that explores The Creeper, his truck, and the massive 'Cathedral' like Creeper-lair they find in the third film."
    • Victor Salva gave a recent update on the project in an interview, saying: "Though I have been beating this drum for so long that people have started not to believe me, I am told they are very close to closing a financing deal for the third film in the trilogy. So I want to say yes, but let’s not jinx it by saying any more. My script for the film, which was written some time ago, sets up a TV series that features Poho County and The Creeper. The script has been ready to shoot for a while now." (2/09/11)
    • Originally thought to be titled Jeepers Creepers 3: The Creeper Walks Among Us.
    • MGM originally inteded this to go straight to DVD, but writer/director Victor Salva hopes it'll go theatrical like the previous two.
    • It's said that the film's old subtitle "Cathedral" plays an important role in the story.
    • Writer/director Victor Salva promises new surprises in the story and claims that this will be the biggest of the three films.
    • We will see the return of the infamous truck the Creeper drove in the first movie.
    • Brandon Smith returns as "Sergeant Davis Tubbs."
    • No word if Gina Phillips will return as "Trish" from the first film.
    • Justin Long was originally going to have a cameo appearance in a flashback, but it's currently not known if that's still the case.
    • Originally actor Ray Wise was going to reprise his role as "Jack Taggart Sr." from the previous film, but now it's uncertain.
    • Jonathan Breck returns as the "Creeper."
    • Victor Salva will once again write and direct.
    • Various characters from the previous two films may have roles or make cameo appearances.
    • It's said that we will be given more background on the "Creeper."
    • The film will serve as a prequel and sequel, starting off in the "Old West" and then switching to twenty years after the events of the previous film.
    • This film has been in talks since before the sequel was released back in '03.

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movie/jeepers-creepers-3-cathedral

Harry Warden likes this.
  18. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

This has been discussed so much over the years, and yet, nothing. I'll believe it when I see it.

19. chancetx

chancetx Active Member

That used to bother me too, maybrick, but I (sort of) justified it by assuming that even if you could fly you'd still want a vehicle to transport multiple bodies rather than risk dropping them in flight. I also wondered if The Creeper might need time to build strength every time he wakes from his 23 year hibernation. Like until he feeds for awhile upon first reawakening his flight is limited so he needs the truck for transport. None of that was ever implied in either movie but I came up with it to make sense of the inconsistency. But yeah, I don't think Salva had really worked out the mythology beforehand.

I don't know if it was mentioned on this thread but you may know that the opening 20 minutes was "inspired" (aka directly lifted) from an old Unsolved Mysteries segment. A great, creepy segment I can understand inspiring a horror movie but I think I might have liked it better as a straightforward stalker story without the supernatural 'bat out of hell' concept.

maybrick likes this.
  20. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

The other obvious thing about the wings is that they're clearly not human. If they're damaged then it isn't like he can eat another person that has wings to replace them. If I had to fight the Creeper I would try to find a way to sever them.

chancetx likes this.