Jeepers Creepers 3

Discussion in 'General' started by boycrieswolf, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Active Member

I'm not bothered at this point. Box office numberspace will determine it's fate as you say.

Anyway, this has just been posted by Adrienne Barbeau

Contrary to what has been reported, I will not be joining the cast of Jeepers Creepers 3. It's a great script and if you liked the first two, you'll love this one

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  2. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

Just read that. I don't care who wants to protest, I will be there in the theater day one.

3. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

That seems strange. Did she pull out or was it miss-information that she was joining? This movie better still happen. I've been hanging out for a JC3.

Harry Warden likes this.
  4. Buechlers_beard

Seems as though she pulled out. Which is ironic, because I'd never pull out of Adrienne Barbeau ha

5. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

Replace her with Barbara Crampton and we're all goooooooood

fceurich39 likes this.
  6. Harry Warden

Replace Crampton and Barbeau with Hugh Jackman and I will be in my glory.

DVD-fanatic-9 likes this.
  7. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

What a well-written article, he said sarcastically.

I quote:
    No. I don't. I have not been informed that Salva at any point was deemed fucking insane or re-entered prison for any reason. What the FUCK?

2 words: Proof. Reading.

Anyway... I have something to say about all this. It's probably the same thing I say every time this topic comes up.

This is America and we have laws. The way the law is structured, people who commit acts like pedophilia are sent to prison as their main form of rehabilitation. This isn't a solution. Since most people who commit this crime were once victims of it themselves. So, truly, pedophiles need actual therapy and rehabilitation in addition to incarceration. Otherwise, putting them on a list for the rest of their lives does no good at all. But, regardless, the letter of the law is to have them serve jail time and be registered on the masterlist of "sexual predators" (another thing that is "totally" conducive to rehabilitation)- we do not sentence these people to death. Even though, in some cases, they very much deserve to be. And, naturally, if you were the parent of a child who had been molested, you likely couldn't be trusted to see anything other than blinding rage for a long time after finding out. But, the law is the law.

In the case of Victor Salva and his victim from the film Clownhouse, for people to keep petitioning his every career move continues to suggest that the crime is never going to end. If you are a member of the victim's family, you may be able to see this as fitting. But this is a very small group of people. For everyone else, defining a crime as never-ending is a disservice. To say nothing of how, every single time people attempt to re-prosecute Salva for this crime, they reenter the victim into the public consciousness. To my knowledge, the young man who Salva victimized has never lead any of the protests / boycotts against Salva's films (if he had and I've been misinformed, then I stand to be corrected and should be) and the reason why is likely that he doesn't want a painful period in his life constantly drug out, held up for everyone to see, and treated as spectacle for the sake of people who don't know him and are serving their own interests in his name.

Going after Salva now solves nor accomplishes anything and takes control away from a person who probably doesn't want to be a victim all his life.

Until he has something to say on behalf of himself (and only himself), I like most people am fine with the book of justice being closed.

8. Harry Warden

Just heard that Meg Foster will take over the part vacated by Adrienne Barbeau.

fceurich39 likes this.
  9. chancetx

chancetx Active Member

DVD-fanatic-9 likes this.
  10. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Yeah; this is why I wrote in my post that I should be corrected. I did hear something that sounded like ^ this during a debate once on the IMDb forums. But I couldn't be sure the person who said it wasn't making it up.

Until now. (The reason I didn't believe them was that they started the whole discussion and completely out of nowhere. They basically just found out about it and wanted him killed freshly for it even though it had been 20 years.) (This happened way...back. At least 9 or so years ago. Though- it's a cycle that's repeated many times since then. People keep getting involved to start a personal crusade and... that's not how criminal prosecutions work.)

11. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

12. Zombie Dude

Steel76 likes this.
  13. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

I just saw her a couple of months ago at Montreal Comiccon and must concur. The woman seems to age in reverse and is still hot as Hell.

Buechlers_beard likes this.
  14. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

And to think, Carpenter can proudly and truthfully actually make this statement!

Buechlers_beard likes this.
  15. Buechlers_beard

Hahaha!

16. Buechlers_beard

She certainly has something ;v)

17. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

It will be in theaters nationwide for one night only as a Fathom event. Tuesday, September 26th at 7:00pm. Theaters are listed on the Fathom website.

There's also a new 30 second trailer for the movie now available. I'd link it if I wasn't on mobile, but you can find it on YouTube (the trailer confirms the Fathom event).

18. Natas

Natas ....on the warm side of the dooooooor

Real fucking excited for this, not gonna lie. 9+ years since this thread started, FINALLY we get a chance to see the Creeper again (and they can attempt to make up for that atrocious sequel)

Checked my local theater and they got it! Tickets purchased! Looks like my Halloween season is gonna start off with Jeepers 3 (I guess you can argue it officially starts with IT this weekend) either way, I'm ecstatic!

Also, I think I'm gonna avoid the new trailer and go into badboy fresh as a daisy. I've seen about 17 fake-fan made trailers over the years anyways.

19. Zombie Dude

I'm pretty excited for this too. Love the Creeper and think both movies are great fun. I wouldn't call the sequel atrocious at all. It's quite solid imo.

I don't think the third will be showing here in cinemas which is a bummer. I'm hoping it comes to disc soon after its limited American run!

20. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Full trailer:

fceurich39 likes this.