Jigsaw (Saw 8)

Discussion in 'General' started by Hatchetwarrior, Oct 4, 2016.

1. I SAW it and loved it. A step up from 3D (which I liked but didn't love) It felt like classic Saw to me and I really dug the final twist. I see it getting mixed reactions from fans but this Saw fan dug it quite a bit.

2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Saw it last night and got exactly what I wanted out it. I thought it was a great return for the series! It's probably most aligned with Saw V, as the primary plot involves five strangers forced to work together to survive, although I liked this one better.

It also serves as a reboot to the franchise. It is a sequel taking place 10 years after the previous movie and it acknowledges everything that happened, but they pretty much start from scratch with a whole new cast and very little callbacks to the convoluted plot lines of the previous films. In other words, it's entirely accessible to anyone who has never even seen a Saw film.

Hoping it does well enough to relaunch the franchise, and I promise not to abandon the franchise theatrically like I did in the past. I took it for granted, and all the dull and dreary PG-13 ghost crap that has been shoved down our throats over the past near-decade made me realize how much I missed my horror with an edge to it.

3. The final kill is one of my favorites of the franchise. Really hope they do more. Watching this before Halloween made me nostalgic.

4. SEANVALEN

SEANVALEN Active Member

Glad to see some have enjoyed it. I always wanted to see the franchise return, after a break. I think I'll watch it today. This franchise I became used too at Halloween; good to see it back.