JUST BEFORE DAWN coming on DVD!!!!

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by ArrowBeach, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Rock

Rock Member

JUST BEFORE DAWN was "quite dull and ineptly directed"?! Blasphemy! Just because it doesn't feature 15 throat slashings and double-impalements in bloody technicolor in no way diminishes its subtle but unsettling effect...this is more of a DELIVERANCE-type thriller fully deserving of its dark-horse classic-of-terror status...and there IS a CUT version out there somewhere...just hope Shriek Show gets it right...

2. MrVess

MrVess Guest

At its best, it's a schlocky "Deliverance"-wannabe, unable to match the quality of any random fragment of Boorman's classic or Dickey's book - or even any of their better imitations, such as "Southern Comfort". However, as I did mention, Brad Fiedel's haunting theme is remarkable. Fiedel makes this flick worth watching.

3. Thanks for the excellent news , one of the better slaher in the wilderness films and cannot wait to own a copy .

4. This is awesome news!! I hope Liberman will be involved. I'll be buying this one!!

5. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

:glasses:

6. walkingdude

walkingdude Megatron

7. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i have it on vhs probably wont get it on dvd i like the film but not crazy enough to get it on dvd

8. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

Hell, you'd be crazy NOT to get this on DVD! :glasses:

Seriously, I'm psyched about this release--although I haven't seen it since I was a kid, I recall a pretty heavy atmosphere. Anyone recall where it was filmed?

Too bad Liebermann couldn't come to an agreement with Media Blasters (or vice versa), as a commentary track with him would have been choice.

9. Mario77

Mario77 New Member

Can't wait -- I'm a big fan of this one. Great news about the 5.1 audio, too -- this flick has great atmospheric sound effects and the Brad Fiedel score is really good. Very anxious for this one!

10. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Let's just hope Media Blasters doesn't release a heavily cut or censored version, like the Hell High and Warlock Moon DVD's!

11. Stige

Stige Active Member

I hate to complain but, Shriek show have given us less than stellar releases of american horror ( at least the three I have) f.e. hell high, majorettes, and bloodsisters. Even some Eurohorror isn't that great. Lets hope the Just Before Dawn DVD is comparable to their ZOMBIE disc and not these other titles

12. Katatonia

My sentiments exactly! They either release a stellar DVD or totally screw it up...and their customer service is non-existent.

13. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

I'll get this DVD off of Ebay. Not getting Lieberman involved is ridiculous, and their fuck-ups are much too numerous for me to continue sending cash their way.

14. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

This movie was filmed a couple hours from where I live, in Silver Falls, Oregon. I've hiked the trails that lead up to the waterfall that was used in the movie, and it's very pretty and scenic.

Plus, you can get great foot long hot doggies at the lodge building!!

:)

15. SilentScreams

SilentScreams Member

From Fangoria:

Director Lieberman wound up coming aboard the project and has recorded an audio commentary for the first disc’s widescreen transfer, which will have both a new 5.1 sound mix and the original mono audio track.

The second disc will include a featurette (approximately 45 minutes) containing interviews with Lieberman, screenwriter Mark L. Arywitz, actors Chris Lemmon, Jamie Rose and John Hunsaker and composer Brad (TERMINATOR) Fiedel. There will also be an extensive photo gallery, the original trailers, promos for the upcoming SHADOW and DEATH TRANCE and a Media Blasters trailer collection, including the Fango International titles CHOKING HAZARD, ROJO SANGRE, HIRUKO THE GOBLIN and PLAGA ZOMBIE as well as the Shriek Show label’s FLESH FOR THE BEAST, LIZARD IN A WOMAN’S SKIN, TOUCH OF DEATH and ANTHROPOPHAGUS (THE GRIM REAPER). Yes, you read that last one right—Media Blasters has acquired Joe D’Amato’s notorious 1980 shocker and is currently in the process of putting together an uncut version, with a DVD release date to be announced.

16. Dwhots

Dwhots New Member

Well this is the best news I have heard all year. The cover is not too bad looking either.

17. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

Very cool indeed, as Night Of The Demons was my pick for favorite dvd of last year. Just Before Dawn will be tops for me this year, despite the illogical placement of that Blondie song. ;)

18. Katatonia

CD Universe is listing it as a July 26th release!

19. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

:banana: :banana: :banana: You and me both!!! I'm so fucking thrilled that Liebermann got on board for a commentary!!!

I'd have preferred the original cover art (so what else is new?) but I guess it's okay.

20. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

I'm sorry to know that Deborah Benson isn't involved. She was one of my favorite things about this movie. HOWEVER, looks like they've gotten quite a lot of stuff together for this movie...Nice!