JUST BEFORE DAWN coming on DVD!!!!

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by ArrowBeach, Dec 29, 2004.

1. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

Any chance the DVD cover art is reversible? I know many Media Blasters titles have reversible covers. Maybe this is one of them, as well.

2. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

I'm having a hard time remembering what the cover art is/was for the VHS.. I own a copy of the Paragon Home Video release, and I remember it being a rather ugly gold colored background, and kind of a pencil drawing style picture of the twin w/machete?? Perhaps I'm wrong on that now, will have to look at it when I get home. I know that the theatrical poster made the movie look more like an action/adventure flick, mostly a shot of wilderness, with the actors' faces in little boxes appearing right above the credits...I'm always an advocate of original poster art when it comes to DVD/VHS covers, but I'll say it again--REGARDLESS of what cover they used, MAJOR THANKS to Media Blasters for thinking of this film and bringing it to the fans...

3. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

is the dvd release still the 26th of july

4. I hope the hell it is, every DVD site still has that date listed and I've preordered it. I want my DVD :)

5. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Damn I forgot all about this release, hopefully it is coming out when it is supposed to.

6. fceurich39

okay i heard it is supposed to be 2 disc but www.movieweb.com says 1 disc and yet the picture of the dvd case says 2 dvd special edition

www.dvdempire.com has a totally different cover art for the dvd and says nothing about a 2 disc dvd so what is up

7. burieddeep

burieddeep Dr. Obrero

Fangoria issue # 245 shows the artwork for the upcoming dvd. The ad is on page 77. According to Fango it's definitely a 2 - Disc Special Edition. I think they would be the most reliable source. However, I would not pre-order this. I'm sure Media-Blasters will fuck up the release just like they did with Zombi 2.
    I tried going to their website but it is under construction.

8. MrVess

MrVess Guest

While Liebermann's film itself is poor, even considering the low standards of the director, this "new" DVD cover is downright ludicrous. Obviously an idiotic attempt to make it resemble the cover of "Wrong Turn".

Oh, and I see that the initial pound-chesting announcements (commentaries, documentaries, separate score track - that one being the only reason for which I could have bought this) decreased into a mere bunch of interviews in the final product. Amusing.

9. Franco

Franco Weekender

10. This dvd will rock! Sounds like it's a 2 disc with some nice special features.

11. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Don't forget all the other DVD's they've fucked up. I have high hopes for this title since I love the film, but Media Blasters goofs things up way too much. I just hope an entire 6-minute scene isn't completely missing, just because of a stupid DVD authoring error like on the Hell High disc! And the Warlock Moon disc...ugh, a sad butchered travesty. And forget about Media Blasters ever fixing their problems, they never even reply to customer service emails.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2005
  12. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

You guys......you're making me nervous.......:(

13. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

I had a rather pleasant experience with the Media Blasters people. I had emailed them a long time ago asking questions about the Jungle Holocaust release before it had come out, and not only did I get a reply back, I was able to get set up so that I received their promotional information periodically, including neat ad slicks and preview discs.

I think that they're a rather smallish outfit that probably does what they can, albeit irritating when stuff you're waiting for takes forever...I don't know what to say about the missing footage and/or edited movies, I've not seen them myself. I know I wanted Warlock Moon, but beyond the bad things I"d heard, I was never able to find it to buy. Perhaps that's just as well.

14. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

Amazon.com has this for pre-order for 13.98$ The cover art on their site clearly states two disc, so either this is the bargain of the year or someone goofed up.

15. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

While I agree it sucks that they have screwed up releases like Warlock Moon and Hell High...and firmly believe they should correct these issues...I think their product output has been more good than bad. I cannot wait for Just Before Dawn. It is probably the genre release I am most looking forward to this summer.

16. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

yeah, a two disc dvd from Media Blasters that is under 15 bucks sounds too good to be true.

17. fceurich39

remember the zombi 2 2 disc dvd that was released last year i remember best buy had for 14 bucks so i can believe this price is correct hopefully

18. 4Gotten1

4Gotten1 Guest

I'm sorry, I'm apparently out of the loop? What did they fuck up on the Zombi 2 release? I have that and the Blue underground and have only watched my Blue Underground release.

19. fceurich39

the only thing i can thing is the release date for the dvd it was supposed to come out aug of 03 instead it came out aug of 04 it sat on the shelf for a year and was completed then they just kept delaying it

20. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

Never seen it, but still getting it. Sounds like a pretty good flick from what I've gathered. And the disc sounds pretty good as well. I like movies set in wilderness environments, so I'm sure I'll enjoy this one.