JUST BEFORE DAWN coming on DVD!!!!

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by ArrowBeach, Dec 29, 2004.

1. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

Yes, SteveG...I am like most of you, and I'm definitely one of you. :) No matter how many copies of some of these damned movies I end up with, I always seem to need another one...

2. Stige

Stige Active Member

multiple copies?????
    what's that???
    box set after box set after box set, super edition, ultra edition, maxi edition, anniversary edition and so on and so on. No wonder the number of discs I own increases faster than the actual number of titles

3. MrKateB

hahahah...no kidding!

4. SteveG

SteveG New Member

Too true, I can't even remember how many versions of Dawn and Halloween I own. And I got really excited when the 30th Anniv of Jaws was released, put it on the shelf next to the 25th Anniv near the spot waiting for the 35th Anniv. :D

5. MrKateB

I know...So far I've resisted on alternate versions of Halloween, I have the "big deal" release that had the lenticular cover, and that's it. I've double dipped on Dawn of the Dead, but fortunately the only other version I had up until the recent collector box of it was that horrid flipper disc, so I was more than happy to do that...I double dipped on Friday the 13th, having owned the original single disc release and then buying the Crystal Lake/Manhattan deal...Flirting with the new Jaws disc, but it really pisses me off, that one... I've double dipped on every Walt Disney Animated Classic title that has been re-released thus far, but partially because I'm also a Disneyana collector, so I don't mind that too much....Really, the only movie that has caused me grief is the original b/w Night of the Living Dead....I have the original Elite disc with the cartoon Karen Cooper face as the cover, the Millenium disc with the red case, I have that 30th Anniversary weirdness with the inserted new footage, the colorized version put out by 20th Century Fox....so, four versions of that damn movie.

6. SteveG

SteveG New Member

It's never ending I feel your pain. My wife has all the Disney films on VHS and we are slowly re-buying them on DVD, at least the more popular titles, as you know the go out of print, for a while and then re-surface. But overall I can't complain being a huge horror and sci-fi fan. DVD hasn't been around all that long, and I'm amazed at obsurce stuff that has gotten a release. By the end of this year I'll have every Hammer film on DVD something I never thought would happen 3 years ago.

Oh and I forgot to mention all of my imported PAL region whatever discs to supplement what isn't released here in the states, or is released better over seas. Sometimes I wish I could stop....

7. MrKateB

I know...I recently discovered a source for many (if not all) of those early-mid 70's television horror films...Titles like Home for the Holidays (w/Sally Field), Bermuda Depths, Night Slaves, Crowhaven Farm, Satan's Triangle, Cruise Into Terror etc. etc. I ended up getting a bunch of them, and am happy to have them despite varying quality, only because it's been wonderful reliving childhood scares etc., and for the most part, I think I'm pretty safe in that it's doubtful anyone is going to release these legitimately anytime soon, but when/if someone does, I'll be double dipping big time....And I'm not EVEN going to start thinking about how many of the DVD movies I've bought as replacements for perfectly good VHS copies....Even that stupid Just Before Dawn movie...Let's see....wasn't there a thread about that? :)

8. ArrowBeach

ArrowBeach Active Member

Sounds like another botch job from Shriek Show! :fire:

9. MrKateB

I don't know about that...I'll have to view both VHS and new transfer and compare...Seems like some of the sequences were a bit choppy on the original VHS too, but it's been awhile.

10. SteveG

SteveG New Member

I guess we sort of got off topic, it happens. 70's TV horror was cool. Took me forever to track down The Savage Bees and Ants with Suzzane Somers. But actually back to Just Before Dawn, I first saw this on TV on what used to be the 4:30 movie here in the NY area. I remeber going back to school the next day aksing if anyone else saw it. Loved it ever since.

11. ArrowBeach

ArrowBeach Active Member

Gregg Henry still works alot, playing the bad guy in films like FEMME FATALE, PAYBACK, etc.

12. MrKateB

Ants (a.k.a."It Happened at Lakewood Manor")....I know it well. :)

13. SteveG

SteveG New Member

That would be the one. Actually a real nice guy on another horror dvd board helped hooking me up with a real nice DVD-R copy of it. In return I sent him The Boy Who Cried Werewolf.

14. onebyone

onebyone Guest

DeepDiscountDVD hasn't mailed my copy off yet. I wish they would hurry. I want this a lot. Digital Eyes has me spoiled, I am used to getting my new releases on time.

At any rate, Fango just published this review of the DVD. It sounds sweet.

15. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Hmm, I went to Best Buy right after they opened and they didn't have any at this store. Half the places I looked online are listing it as backordered (DDD) or special order (Amazon, Tower). What the hell, this isn't a recall is it? Or perhaps just SS botching the marketing again and didn't ship out enough copies. :fire:

16. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

Since many of the people here have reported back already, some saying they got it early, there shouldn't be a problem. Due to all the reviews as of thus, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to grab this later on. I mean, I really want it now, but I just won't have the money until next year more than likely.

17. Yeah it's backorder status at Amazon.com was holding up my Mary Tyler Moore Season 2, so I cancelled it from my order. I'll just get it later on when they get their heads out of their asses.

18. Stige

Stige Active Member

ordered mine from exploited, since amazon said my order might take two to four weeks to fill I cancelled there as well

19. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Hmm... well Deep Discount DVD is now showing it in stock for $11.97, at least when you add it to your cart. I went ahead and ordered it from them, even if there is a wait.

Update: DDD sent out an order email and it is definitely In-stock there now.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2005
  20. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Out of the 3 Best Buys in my area only the Va. Beach store was carrying it. They said they only ordered 2 so if anyone lives out here they better hurry because I snagged 1 last night.