JUST BEFORE DAWN coming on DVD!!!!

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by ArrowBeach, Dec 29, 2004.

1. ArrowBeach

ArrowBeach Active Member

paragon tape is open matte.

guess I will order Jef Films version of GIRLS NITE OUT, that has to be better thanShriek Shows

2. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

Well, that is disappointing to know that it's "cut", but I can most definitely live without two extra seconds of machete footage. I'm totally happy and very satisfied to not only merely have it on legitimate dvd, but with some extras to boot (I also wouldn't have ever expected this to come out with anything at all) and in a pretty damned decent transfer. Not that I don't understand why people are upset, but I guess it's further proof that I'm well beyond my gore-hound days. I loved this package and this film, and I'm thankful to Shriek Show for bothering.

3. SteveG

SteveG New Member

I agree with MrKateB, as I too am overall really pleased with this release. Didn't expect this to get this good of a release ever. I will keep my Paragon VHS DVD-R copy, well just because, but probably won't watch that version too often if at all. I think if the opening murder scene was missing altogether THAT would be reason ot complain. For 2 seconds I'm not that concerned and for $14.99 who cares.

4. Wasn't there an article somewhere about some sort of footage being lost for good? Maybe this was it.

5. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

Hey, can anyone help me out here? Just watched the dvd and there is a couple of weird pauses around the fifty six minute mark, (the mouth to mouth scene). Are all copies like this? or is mine defective? Please let me know so I can return the defective disc. The improbable timing and lenght of the pause leads me to believe I got a bum disc. Input please??

6. burieddeep

burieddeep Dr. Obrero

The first kill scene where the machete goes right thru "Vachels" balls and comes out his ass is definitely cut by a couple of seconds. I noticed it right away. Another complaint I have is during the commentary track. The sound of the film while Lieberman is talking is way off que. Also, the sound quality of the actual commentary in a few spots sounds like shit. In my opinion, it's a mediocre release by Media Blasters. Anchor Bay would have done a much better job.

7. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Watched it again in my DVD player and my portable and it didn't do that at all. Sounds like you either got a bum disc or your player just doesn't like it.

8. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

Thanks for your feedback, I really appreciate it!! :) Amazon has agreed to replace my bum disc. Hopefully, this one will be fine.

9. I did really want to get this dvd, but might hold off. Is there any release of the movie with that uncut kill scene?

10. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

The crappy 4 movies on one disc version has the scene uncut...though it is missing huge portions of the movie in other spots.
    The Paragon VHS is uncut.

11. Stige

Stige Active Member

it seemed like the first murder was "cut", ie. it was matted down and therefor lost some of the machete through the groin, because of the matting. Haven't watched it yet , only checked the kill scenes with the paragon

12. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

The version of the film appearing on the 4 movie disc may have the few extra seconds of gore footage included, but it's missing the entire scare sequence at the waterfall.

13. Now we need fucking Rituals!

14. Rock

Rock Member

I'm going to wait and see what Tim Lucas (Video Watchdog) has to say about it before I buy...but I'm devastated that the DVD appears to be a compromised version...absolutely unnecessary...

15. SteveG

SteveG New Member

Yay Rituals!!! I have a DVD-R of the Astral uncut version, not the common Embassy TV print. Colors washed out, but more than viewable. But I agree this needs a good DVD release. Pretty good moivie for what it is.

16. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

The VHS version from Embassy is also pretty washed out, and the print they used for the transfer was generally poor. I'd love to see a proper DVD release!!!

17. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

Yeah Rituals is at the top of my list of movies I want released on DVD.

18. shift

shift Hot as shit!

Just got this dvd from BB today for $14.99.

It is the 2 dvd set. So is mine cut also?? Should I just return it? I never seen it so,, I let you guys decide what I should do. :)

ThaNks

19. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Yes, it is slightly cut, seemingly (from what I read at other boards anyway) because the footage is missing. Should you return it? It depends on how hardcore you are about these things. You would have to fight me for mine, but that is neither here nor there. Just know that the only version of the movie with all the scenes is on VHS.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2005
  20. SteveG

SteveG New Member

It's only missing a few frames from the first murder, hardly worth returning for that. The movie didn't have much gore in it in it's uncut state. Keep it and be happy