just saw house of clocks....

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by marcx, Feb 27, 2003.

1. marcx

marcx New Member

i dont think this movie gets as much respect as it should! I really enjoyed it, and found the last 1/2 genuinely creepy. Ic ant believe Fulci thought this would air on TV.

Yes the set up was a little annoying (the teenagers driving part) and the end got a little funky, but so much cool atmosphere in betwwen and some nice gore. I enjoyed!

Cant wait for my night mare concert dvd to arrice--im on a fulci roll!

2. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

Fulci - Greatest Director Ever!

3. John

John Guest

I have really been wanting to see this one. Maybe I'll find room in my budget to pick it up soon.

4. marcx

marcx New Member

you definately should! My nightmare concert arrived today so
    Ill check that one out this weekend!

5. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

I really think Fulci's latter-day stuff was some of his best. Especially Door to Silence.

6. marcx

marcx New Member

HOW IS VOICES FROM BEYOND?

HOWS THAT ONE?

7. Zombie Keeper

Zombie Keeper New Member

8. legnadibrom

legnadibrom Guest

poop

i just watched this movie last night, its a lot better than i thought, the previous night i watched "sweet house of horrors" which i thought was a little bit better, more creepy and surreal,
    but "clocks" has its moments, i really liked the old couple, really fucking weird, i dont really think i understand the ending, i dont like movies that end with everything being a dream, it makes the events less important, but the chick was hot!
    if you dug this flick check out "sweet house of horrors"

9. Wermode

Wermode New Member

Agreed: as with most other Fulci films, you need to put plot/logic on hold for awhile and tolerate a lame ending...but I agree it's a good film with some creepy scenes and nice moments. Definitely worth the purchase.

As for Voices from Beyond, I enjoyed that, too. It's a bit light on gore, although the inside-the-coffin scenes are fun. This one made a lot more sense on the second viewing.

10. marcx

marcx New Member

This weekends Fulci fun....

I watched Cat in the Brian/Nightmare Concert Friday night. Although this didnt live up to what I had built it up to all these years, it was still fu. Hving Fuci as the star was a nvelty that worked for me, especially since Im in kind of a fulici phase right now.

On Sat.
    I picked up the Beyond Terror book. starting reading it and it seems very well done. I also picked up voices from beyond but I havent watched it yet....

11. WKT

WKT Guest

Hi. Just finished "House of Clocks" and foudn it to be a bit slow. Some nice creepy "long dark hallway" and "what's behind the creaky door" moments. Didn't like the teenagers so I was hoping the old couple would kill 'em.
    Most amusing thing was in the trailer for "The House on the Edge of the Park". Seems someone didn't know the title and it keeps showing up as "The House of the Park on the Edge." :D

12. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I know it was mis-named on at least 2 different SS discs, and I'm also pretty sure they were both different in their blunders :lol: .

13. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Just watched this for the first time! Very good film. Hard to call those people "teenagers" - but this is Fulci with -GULP - a story.

Easily worth buying - and better than Sweet House of Horrors.

14. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I've been toying with the idea of buying this lately. I'm sure I will eventually, but I'm still pretty torn on the decision. I could probably do much worse though.

15. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

I saw the trailer for it a couple of times on Shriek Show DVDs. It looks interesting.

16. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

A wicked film. Sweet House of Horrors comes nowhere near as good.

17. dwatts

dwatts New Member

AndrewBBD: Seriously, it is a nice little film. The budget hurts a bit, and it does "feel" like a TV production, but the storyline is pretty nice. Some gore (not going to trouble you too much, but it has a bit) and it might well have the most coherent plot Fulci managed to work on (sure there is one huge hole, but that just makes it "Fulci complete" :)

Sweet House I try to enjoy, but it has some really bad moments - like, really bad. I don't hate it or anything, but Clocks is just so much better.

18. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

House of Clocks is a pretty good flick, but I think you have to be in the right mood to watch it because it can be a little slow at times. Sweet House is just wretched, except for a few very cool gore scenes.

19. John

John Guest

I am very interested in getting this DVD. I just haven't made room for it in the budget. Hopefully, I will be able to see it soon.

20. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I finally picked this up last night and watched it. Found myself pleasantly enjoying it; I've been on a Fulci hiatus for awhile. Haven't gotten any of is movies in the longest time. Anyway, this was great - I loved the old couple, the gore, the story, etc. I know this is supposed to be one of his better later works, but I'm really interested to check out some more now. The ones I'm looking into are AENIGMA, VOICES FROM BEYOND, DEMONIA, and SWEET HOUSE OF HORROR (which I'm sure is very, very bad...but it has Cinzia Monreale...). Any other R1/0 NTSC ones I should check out? And of those I listed, which would be the best?