Just watched Cemetery Man for the first time...

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by rp108, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2006
  2. badnewsbrown

badnewsbrown Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2006
  3. Criswell

Criswell New Member

Terribly overatted.

4. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

[​IMG]

5. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

That bandwagon over there is getting mighty crowded...

This is was freaking awesome, and I can watch it over and over again, though I think that it's retarded that some people try to compare it to Dead Alive (WHAAaaaaaa?) yes, they are both funny, but one is famous for it's extreme gore and the other for it's surreal nature, and erm... Anna Falchi :)

6. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    The main reason to watch this film!!

7. CasEjonz

CasEjonz Guest

Got mine at Best Buy, 14.99
    It had its moments, but I can't yet see it as a classic for the genre as of yet. Certainly there were some high points and the zombies were unique with the roots coming out of them, but roots don't take in ten days, or whatever the amount of time a corpse returned as undead.
    I think that the anticipation to see this film was greater than the actual experience for me. Similar to Anthrophagus, I heard so much about it that I expected more than I should have.

I really liked his simpleton sidekick, Gnaghi.

8. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

Well, where he was at they do

9. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Savinifan why do you want to rat criswell out on his spelling? :D

10. Cydeous

Cydeous Axxon N

I need to watch it again but I think that his obsession with the Anna Falchi character makes him see her everywhere. She tortures him throughout his life... she keeps returning... like the dead.

I don't know. I'll watch it again and see if I can come up with something better. Then ending is tough. Maybe the switch between Gnaghi and Francesco is just to show perception. In Boffalora Francesco seems to be the odd man out, but he's not really that odd. The other characters are totally offbeat. When they leave the town the roles reverse. That is, in both worlds he's the freak.

Who knows, though.

11. Surge92

Surge92 Guest

I only saw the film myself about two weeks ago, and I loved it right from the start. I would even go as far as to consider it the best Italian horror film of the last 25 years. I haven't seen such an entertaining and memorable blend of zombie horror and black comedy since DEAD ALIVE. I'm no Rupert Everett fan, but I can't imagine anyone else playing the jaded, sarcastic Dellamorte. He nails the role and makes it his own. The same can be said of Soavi's striking visuals and Stivaletti's practical effects, all excellent and even haunting. CEMETERY MAN is a masterpiece in my book.

12. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

Finally gave this another chance after seeing it initially 9 or 10 years ago. Has it been that long? I appreciated it much more this time around.

I really liked Dellamorte's red scarf moment with Anna Falchi. In fact, that entire scene was well done.

Gnaghi was great, of course, and was played with restraint, or with as much restraint as a character who vomits on women can be played.

The humor made much more of an impact on me this time around. Everett speaks in so much of a whisper that perhaps I missed most of it the first time. His rapport with the inspector was perfect.

I did think the film got a bit long just before Francesco goes to the hospital, but the hospital scene certainly gave the film another jolt.

Really glad I watched this again.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2006
  13. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I watched this again a couple nights ago and enjoyed it. It wasn't anything great but I dug the humor and Rupert Everett gave a fine performance. And Gnaghi was cute. The second half was rather weak, though, and really brought the film down a few notches. The surreal ending didn't work for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2006
  14. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

I got around to watching this one again not too long ago too, like most others, it's been quite awhile since I saw it last.

In that "rate Cemetery Man" thread I gave the film an 8 on memory, but it's definitally lower now. The film was so completely average to me and even got a little boring. Definitally not anything special, in my opinion.

Gnaghi reminded me of Curly from The Three Stooges, which was cool, but that was pretty much the best thing going on for me. Even Anna Falchi wasn't as hot as I remembered.

15. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

Now this is too much!

16. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I feel pretty much the same way. I also gave it an "8" in that thread but I don't think I would rate it that high if I had another chance. I thought it was good, but not GREAT, y'know? Certainly not the holy grail of Italian horror films like some people make it out to be. I like Stagefright a hell of a lot more. Anna Falchi is nice on the eyes but isn't the smokin' sex symbol that everyone says she is. But yeah, Gnaghi was fun and did anyone else catch the reference to Deep Red when that old lady keeps calling Everett an "engineer"? :lol:

17. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

Good call! :lol:

18. jscott

jscott Guided By Voices

I agree with this statement completely. It's a 10 in my book. nyah

19. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Yea but to be fair you like the look of cock so your taste is a little skewed in that department. ;)

20. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

No it's not. What's wrong with how a cock looks? :confused:

And besides, I know beauty when I see it. :p Anna Falchi is beautiful, but she isn't gorgeous.