Keep on Waiting

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Jan 14, 2005.

1. UncleChris

UncleChris New Member

I waited about a million years for them to release "Cannery Row," and it's finally happening in January.... Perhaps perseverance will pay off for "The Keep" as well. I've got a laserdisc rip and am not very happy with it. A Bluray with the extra material would be fantastic.

In spite of all the idiotic squabbles, can't these clowns figure out that they would absolutely make considerable green by releasing this film?????? I mean, geeeeeeezzzz, Lou-eeze!!!!!

2. UncleChris

UncleChris New Member

Tick-Tock, Tick-Tock, Tick-Tock.....

Gahhhhhhhh!!!!! Some of the worst movies in the world being released on BluRay, and we can't even get this classic out on normal DVD. C'mon, Mann!!! Lose your friggin' ego (or whatever your problem is), and release this movie in some form or another: Give a lot of viewers what they crave, and make a lot of money in the process. I mean, DUH!!!! Wake up, boy!!:mad:

3. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

I love this movie big time. I got the WS Laserdisc too. Great movie with a trippy atmosphere. This film is a hidden gem, love it.

4. UncleChris

UncleChris New Member

5. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

"Written and directed by Michael Mann(LAST OF THE MOHICANS, THE INSIDER, ALI, HEAT, MANHUNTER) creates a good flick called THE KEEP"

Sorry, I can't sign such a badly written text, even though I want the film out...

6. rhett

rhett Administrator

I still can't believe this hasn't been released. It's becoming the DVD vaporware equivalent to Duke Nukem Forever. I don't see Paramount folding anytime soon, though. ;)

7. MrVess

MrVess Guest

It will have been worth the wait. If the originally planned extras are really going to be included, you can look forward to an Interactive Menu, Chapter Selection and supposedly even a Theatrical Trailer.

8. rhett

rhett Administrator

Fingers crossed for a P&S version on Side B.

9. UncleChris

UncleChris New Member

It's been over 2 years since a post here..... Is there even a shred of news (good or bad) about releasing this movie????

10. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

11. Darga

Darga Narcissistic Personality

I just re-read the book a few months ago because I was tired of waiting for the DVD.

12. UncleChris

UncleChris New Member

Well, well, well.... We've officially been chatting about this for over 7 years now and nothing has changed. GAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! How frustrating. When I look around at some of the absolute TRASH that has been released onto DVD and Bluray, I absolutely rage at the idea that this film, particularly an extended version, sits in a vault somewhere because Michael Mann is a major dork.

I guess I'll go watch the laser disc version again.... It's better than nothing, I guess.

"Where there's life, there's hope...." I'm beginning to wonder about that.... :<(

13. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I want a DVD and blu-ray too. But in the meantime, I'm pretty sure it is available streaming in HD on Netflix. At least it is out there.