Killer Workout aka Aerobicide (1986)

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Cujo108, Jun 3, 2003.

1. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

This movie is absolutely hilarious! The killer kills people with a safety pin, and there is even a death by trash can! :lol: Funny how bodies keep piling up, but they only have one cop on the case, and you'd think they would shut down the gym. Also, the killer is really fucking nasty, and there is some terrible disco music. Overall, this is a bad slasher movie, but a rather fun one. Anyone else actually seen this one?

2. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Haha yeah, I rented this from Blockbuster a few years ago. Hilariously bad, to say the least. The killer is nasty as hell!

3. satan x

satan x Guest

Cheers lads, have to track down a copy of this.:D

4. rhett

rhett Administrator

Disco you say, eh Cujo? I must see this film! :)

5. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Never seen this one but it reminds me of DEATH SPA, another fun "gym-slasher" :)

6. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Eh, this was OK... but only worth probably one viewing in my book. :confused:

7. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Killer Workout (1986) - Anybody seen this movie?

I just bought a VHS of a movie called Killer Workout yesterday at a used movie sale. I think it may also be known as Aerobicide, from the imdb research I did. Just wondering if anybody has seen it? It looks like the definition of 80's cheese!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2005
  8. I have seen this years ago and remembering it was pretty bad but i liked it, if you like alot of women in spandex sweating to 80's music then you will like this.

9. RickMoe

RickMoe New Member

I haven't seen this in a while either (maybe time to break-dance it out again) but I always remembered the naked scarred girl at the end. I'm pretty sure the whole "wrinkly tits" look from THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT MARY was stolen from here.

Good Purchase!

10. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I own the R2 DVD under the alternate title "Aerobicide"

It's a fun little 80's flick concerning murders at a workout center. pretty bad acting at times, often laughably so. You'll either guess the ending, or be mildly surprised by it. In ways it's a lot like Death Spa (aka Witch Bitch).

11. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

this movie was and still is pretty bad
    oh crap this movie is cool it is the linnea quigley horror workout that sucks

Last edited: Aug 7, 2005
  12. This was a good cheesy flick. I haven't seen it in years, though.

13. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Ten comments on Aerobicide

1. A killer. With a safety pin. Ooohh. I'm SO scared.
    2. Much more aerobics than homicide. I mean, they show whole workouts here. You could put on your shoes and train, if you really enjoyed getting your Jane Fonda Workout on back in the day, and I know all of you did.
    3. There are 1,454,555 ass shots in this movie.
    4. Not to be ignored, there are 1,386,465 breast shots.
    5. There are 954,456 close ups of heavily made up 80s chicks trying to look all glamour shots during their workout.
    6. It has perhaps the worst soundtrack of the 80s, and that is saying something yo.
    7. Who wears short shorts? The guys wear short shorts.
    8. Looking for lots of footage of wussy dudes beating the shit out of each other in wussy style? Your ship has come in my friend.
    9. Since many of the killings take place in a gym where people are free not to go to at any moment, it becomes harder and harder to understand why they don't.stop.going. Get out of the water bitches!
    10. How long can a chase go on between 2 people with little aerobic capacity and seemingly little interest in the catch/avoid angle of the whole pursuit thing? Answer you: Pretty Fucking Long.

And For the Bonus Spoiler Comment

I was so happy to see a horribly scarred armed nude girl in the movie because I always thought that they were vastly underrepresented in film.

So in closing, I too thought this movie was hilarious. If you too share my masochistic love for bad slashers, you might as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2005
  14. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

[​IMG]

I have slasher film review dyslexia: I see negative comments in slasher film reviews, but I interpret them as high praise.

No, I am not looking for a cure.

Thanks for the 4-star review onebyone. :)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2005
  15. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

That was great! Now I really feel the urge to watch the DVD again later. :evil:

16. rhett

rhett Administrator

Just reviving this thread to share in the love. In addition to all the awesome cheese pointed out by my slasher peers, I do have some legitimate praise. It's very well shot and edited, more so than almost all the other obscure slashers of the eighties. The kills actually had some personality and presence - whereas in the last few slashers I've been watching it has felt more like hands swinging and close-ups of the aftermath. This one got it right.

The opening tanning bed baker was indeed well done. So well, in fact, that James Wong no doubt took a page for FINAL DESTINATION 3.

I was all over that disco pop, too. Please tell me someone out there has a soundtrack. Please. Also, gotta love the tastelessness of that final song, "I'm a woman on fire!" :lol:

I've got check out DEATH SPA now, because this has been the best slasher I've seen in a long time. It would make a great double feature with the similarly body conscious FATAL GAMES. David A. Prior is two for two in my books after this and the surprisingly scary shot on video SLEDGEHAMMER. Methinks that ratio would go down quite a bit if I watched any of the rest of his onslaught of direct to video output throughout the rest of the eighties and nineties, though.

17. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

I actually really enjoy this movie. I can't believe it's never had an R1 release. Death Spa I have yet to see though.

18. Mattapooh

Mattapooh Member

This movie was, to me, the perfect mix of so-bad-it's-good horror cheese an 80s workout fetish video.

Speaking as a dude who loves cheese as much as he loves girls in 80s workout gear with gratuitous shots of body parts, I LOVED IT!

19. YottNik

YottNik Pay the price!

Blind bought this VHS last year on a whim, I'd never heard of it before. It's one of the greatest/hysterical movies I've seen in years. Death by safety pin and random judo chops. Pure gold.

20. Devo1313

Devo1313 New Member

I still have the video poster for this.