King Kong Vs. Godzilla & King Kong Escapes coming 11/29

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by Peter Vincent, Sep 22, 2005.

1. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

2. Baradagi

Baradagi New Member

Actually, I am the one who posted all of the pictures. And sadly, the Toho dvd DOES look like a crappy vhs copy... :( Of course, that is what you get when you throw away the negative to the movie, but that is an entirely different story...

3. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

That sucks, how the heck can my "copy" look better than the real deal? Maybe my DVD player is doing something to the DVDs?

4. Roo

Roo Member

DVDdrive-in.com has posted a review of both films, and I have to agree on the King Kong Escapes portion. The movie looks great, even though it's the US cut. I haven't had a chance to watch Godzilla vs King Kong, hopefully it won't look too bad. Maybe after Christmas, I'll pick up the imports and see how they compare.

Kong/Godzilla Reviews

5. Golgo13

Golgo13 Guest

All I learned from this whole fiasco was to never trust the internet. These discs are awesome.

To think once I almost passed on the Divimax Halloween DVD because of some faceless loudmouths.

6. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

I haven't watched either of these yet, but I'm ecstatic to have them. I don't care what cuts they are. Would I like to have the Japanese versions? Of course. But I grew up on these versions, so they'll do more than suffice for now. Besides, eventually I'll get my hands on that Godzilla Final Box with the Jap versions as soon as they reissue it with English subs.

7. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

Toho would never ever allow that to happen. They will never ever release a DVD with English subs.

Anyway, the transfers of these versions are just as good as the Japanese counterparts, so there are the best versions of the US cuts that you can get, K vs G might be a tad better even, but the cuts are terrible compared to the uncut Japanese versions.

8. LivingDeadMafia

LivingDeadMafia New Member

9. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Thanks for this thread! I have the Toho Reg. 2 of G vs KK - I've never been impressed with the picture on the DVD or the LD. Seems the Universal DVD is fine by me. Now - I need to get it. I haven't seen ANY here in San Francisco

10. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

11. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Bought them both. Neither are stellar releases but they look good enough. No extras and will we ever get the Japanese version of King Kong Vs. Godzilla in the states??

12. Jeremy

Jeremy Closet SCREAM fan

I think we will eventually. Toho is perfectly happy to work with American companies, provided said companies are willing to fork over a large wad of dough and deal with all of the company's onerous conditions, jumping through Toho-mandated hoops like a trained seal. Universal also is perfectly happy and willing to license most of its titles out to third parties (and with a minimum of hoops). The main reason why nobody has released it yet is probably because of the cost and hassle involved in dealing with Toho, but sooner or later somebody will ante up and release a double feature with both the American and Japanese cuts.

13. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost