La Bestia Uccide A Sangue Freddo (Slaughter Hotel) to be released by RaroVideo

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by zbinks, Nov 22, 2013.

1. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....187947554583250.50318.185115831533089&type=1

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....187947554583250.50318.185115831533089&type=1

2. Stige

Stige Active Member

I seem to remember something missing from both prints I have , wonder if this will be compete?

3. horrorlover

horrorlover Member

Did anyone ever verify if Slaughter Hotel from Raro was actually the uncut version or not? The reviews I've read are of no help on verifying this.

4. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I already have this on blu but I'm a Rosalba Neri fan and will certainly buy this if it offers anything new. I've got three posters and a German program for this film which all feature nudity. Total exploitation.

5. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film5/blu-ray_reviews_64/slaughter_hotel_blu-ray.htm

This lists the running times between the DVD (1 hr 35 mins 55 secs) and the Blu-ray (1 hr 34 mins 07 secs) so there is a time discrepancy. However, no mention of differences between the two versions other than the DVD does have a different title card as they were sourced from different transfers as the Blu-ray is from the original negative. So I'm wondering if there's end credits maybe on the DVD version (as Media Blasters sometimes added digital end credits on features that original did not have end credits) and I seem to remember that on the Slaughter Hotel DVD there were added digital end credits if my memory is to be believed, but I could be wrong, which would account for the run time difference.

6. horrorlover

horrorlover Member

Hey MorallySound I think you figured it out, I forgot how Media Blasters used to put their end credits on the movie, like they were the creators of the actual movie haha, they were so full of themselves. That's am almost positive you are right that's why the dvd runs longer than the blu ray. Thanks for mentioning that, I feel by buying the blu ray now that I'm not buying a edited version.

7. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I just watched the Shriek Show DVD tonight (Netflix rental, actually never saw this movie before), and it does not have the Media Blasters "tacked on" credits. If there's a difference in running times between another version, I'd indeed look at that title card. It really seems to be tacked on by a different distributor, as it lists the title as "Cold Blooded Beast", not Slaughter Hotel nor the Italian title.

I can't imagine the SS disc is cut, not with the explicit sex scenes that are on their release....

8. horrorlover

horrorlover Member

oh there's a difference in running times of nearly 2 minutes, so Raro probably cut out the explicit stuff, they have done that on another release, I don't know why they do that, it's not like we're living in 1971 where a woman fingering herself will get your movie banned. I have been very disappointed with all the Raro blu rays just about that I have bought, they are definitely one of the lower quality blu ray companies out there, they release good movies, but poor quality discs compared to companies like Scream Factory, Arrow, Synapse, Vinegar Syndrome, etc.

9. Jamie

Jamie Member

Those insert shots were tacked onto the French release (different actress used in the inserts), they weren't part of the original version of the movie (Italian, etc).

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    MorallySound likes this.
  10. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

That Blu-ray is shit. Fans of this film might want to look in the shadows of the Internet where a nice uncut composite DVD can be found.

11. horrorlover

horrorlover Member

doesn't surprise me the Blu ray sucks, Raro's blu rays are not good, they are among the worst companies out there releasing blu rays, which sucks because they have some good films, but their transfers are horrible, and they edit some of their films. I stopped buying from them, because of poor reviews, too many good releases from companies like Arrow, and Blue Underground to waste money on poor releases from companies like Raro and Cult Epics