Lady Gaga, Love or Hate her?

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by CrazyFatEthel, Oct 5, 2009.

?

LADY GAGA, love her or hate her?

1. Love her!!!

51 vote(s)
    48.6%
  2. Hate Her!!!

54 vote(s)
    51.4%
  1. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  2. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

Along with Just Dance, that is my favorite as well.

I stil don't get why 'Love Game' became a hit when clearly Eh Eh, Boys Boys Boys, The Fame, Money Honey, and Summerboy were MUCH stronger. It was like when 'Luxurious' and 'Now That You Got It' came out from Gwen Stefani instead of 'Bubble Pop Electric'/'Crash'/'Serious' or 'Wonderful Life'/'Fluorescent'. Dumb choices. :p

Anyways, personally, I think people are hating on her just because she is pop today and "all of that stuff is shit". :sleepy:
    Cuz actually, her music is pretty much above most of the other mainstreamers of now.

3. Richard Anthony

Richard Anthony Member

I actually really like her!! I'm not that crazy about her Music although alot of it is pretty catchy, "Poker Face" has some very clever lyrics. Her Bloody Stage Show at the VMA'S was Cool. I find her very interesting. She has a Style and I really think she is pretty talented and can put on a Good Show! I also think she is Pretty Hot in all of those many outfits that she wears!! So, I voted 'Love Her' for all those reasons! She is Hot but Katy Perry is Waaay Hotter!!:D

4. Darga

Darga Narcissistic Personality

I checked out a couple clips on Youtube a while back when the hype machine was getting in gear, just to confirm that she is of no interest to me.

5. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

This board must skew younger than I thought. I’ve only heard of her twice. I wandered past the TV one night while my wife was watching So You Think you Can Dance and I asked her “who’s the tranny with the big nose”? I probably would have forgot about it if a week later my favorite Sports Radio guy hadn’t gone on a rant about how much he hates Poker Face.

I would have thought most people that frequent a Horror forum would fit the stereo type of loathing pop music. Interesting.

6. geeare

geeare Guest

hate her...she's a quiff.

7. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

I loathe, I loathe. :fire:

8. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

Just watched her SNL performance, I stand by my previous comment.
    Her song should be called Butter Face instead of Poker Face, she's got a nice ass but her face...Barf!! Piss poor imitation of Aguilera, who does have talent and has matured quite well.
    But seriously, when did SNL get so stupid and asinine I have not watched in years but the writing has really gone downhill.

9. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I kind of dig the music in Poker Face because I'm a sucker for overblown synthesizer stuff, but as far as her lyrics and voice and everything else goes, not a fan. Can't say I hate her as at least her visual style is different than the other bubblegum pop princesses out there, but I'm just not into her.

10. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

I dont really hate her but just could really care less about her, boring to me but music is subjective to the listener so if you like her then its all good, but its just manufactured pop music. Yea there are the outfits and a little edge to the lyrics to try to gain attention and pull in the tweens and teens but we have seen it all before. But hey if you enjoy the music then that is all that is important! <: Hell I cant get the Ting Tings music out of my head and its not my normal thing, but its catchy and I like it. (And no, I am in no way making a comparison between the two BTW)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  11. zompirejoe

zompirejoe Active Member

ZING !:banana:

12. msw7

msw7 Re-animated member

Yep. I have somehow managed to miss the phenomenon :)

That, and not having strong opinions about pop music in general. AI was probably the one exception - somehow that show entertained me.

metal is my main thing.

13. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

I actually don't mind her. Paparazzi, Poker Face and Love Game really aren't that bad. I'm not one for pop music but I do have respect for Lady Gaga. Come on...the girl's fucking talented. She went to Tisch School of the Arts at NYU. If you get in there...I don't give a shit what anybody says...if you get into Tisch...you're fucking talented. Argue it all you want, but you're wrong if you disagree. The girl can sing, dance and play piano very well. Pop is the route she wanted to go, let her do what she wants.

She's actually only a few years older than me, and one of my friends actually knows her. Funny because he still refers to her as Stefani.

~Matt

14. HellRazor

HellRazor New Member

I can't work up enough enthusiasm about her or interest in her to have an opinion either way.

15. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

:lol: ghhahah

i actually like her, she has some good dance music, it is really fun to skate to (at Thunderbird roller rink)

16. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Never heard of her until last week. Already can't stand her. :)

17. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Completely agreed on Gwen's stupid single choices, especially after "The Sweet Escape." "Serious" and "Fluorescent" are obvious, but I think her best song to date is "U Started It" and that got the shaft as well.

Now that's funny. I fucking hate almost all forms of metal, since I believe it's already been brought up in this pair of CFE music threads started this week.

I always imagined we're all of quite diverse ages.

This "tranny" criticism thing is really popular now, isn't it?

Nice to know sexism is alive and well. :rolleyes:

18. Actually, your not as alone as you think, mi amigo. I actually HATE all forms of Metal as a music genre, myself, and was just never too into anything hard. In fact, I'm honestly a bit anti-social in my answer of truthfulness, some might say, in that I don't really personally enjoy music all that much. Never was too much into collecting it. I have maybe under 15 artists & bands who's music I have enjoyed over time, but was never a serious collector or listener. Not NEARLY of that which I am into 35mm movies, I can confirm. I can listen to around four-plus songs, and then I want complete silence and to be alone. It's just always been my way, personally.

And yeah, people always find it interesting when I tell to them how I'm this open minded guy who prefers to collect & watch a lot of old school Exploitation, general Slasher & Giallo films and past decades Horror from a good four decades, as well as some super serious action/horror and horror/comedy films, and I tell them that I absolutely NEVER enjoyed Metal, and always found it an oddly immature form of music. Not ment to incite a major discussion, but it was just always my opinion. And yet I know most of my fellow super serious genre fanatics & collectors and fellow film convention goer's, such as myself, are mostly all big time in that genre of music. To each they're own, I guess.

Which is fine & dandy and all, but honestly, I don't care for most forms and most genre's of music such as it is, but especially if it's loud, obnoxious Metal (of any sub-genre, by the way: Thrash, Speed, Death, Horror-Punk type, ect) coming through speakers, then I'll leave the room politely as soon as I can, or until that shit is over & done with. It's just me, you have to understand.

19. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

You sure are taking Lady Gaga criticism seriously. Are you related? :D

I'm not that plugged into pop culture so I wasn't aware of the tranny criticism. It was something I noticed from watching 30 seconds of a routine on So You Think you Can Dance. Nice to see my 30 second observation was spot on.

20. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

What I find is funny is that some people on this thread saying they never heard of her.

What do you live in a cave? Regardless if you like her music or not, there should be some sort of minor acknowledgment of her.