Lady Gaga, Love or Hate her?

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by CrazyFatEthel, Oct 5, 2009.

?

LADY GAGA, love her or hate her?

1. Love her!!!

51 vote(s)
    48.6%
  2. Hate Her!!!

54 vote(s)
    51.4%
  1. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Who that, who that...

That do that, do that...

2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I'm not really a fan, but I thought it was interesting that horror author Jack Ketchum (Off Season, The Girl Next Door) used to babysit her when she was a kid. He made a cameo in one of her music videos.

Small world.

3. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

I think she has an unusual look. Something about her being a hated, annoying rapper chick adds to the appeal for some reason.

[​IMG]

4. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Omg I can't stand her voice. Like nails on a chalkboard.

~Matt

5. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

I neither love nor hate her but I do like some if her dongs, there's no denying she's talented and her character (because that's what Lady Gaga is) is unique. Overall I'd say I like her.

6. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

:lol: I assume this was a misspelling.

7. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Iggy is more interesting in interviews than rapping. She's actually talked about record companies telling her what to write and how to write it, exposing how music actually is dumbed down for audiences.

I greatly prefer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlWRhnYgWcc

Her album is supposed to be coming out soon. I'm really pulling for her- this is some serious talent.

8. Paul_s

Paul_s Member

:eek: breaking news, right there!

9. scott71670

scott71670 Active Member

I seriously can't wait for the new Gaga album. Already heard the first track and after being a little disappointed with the Artpop album (thought it was trying waaay too hard) it's nice to see Gaga taking a minute to be a little more Germanotta and showing she's not a one trick pony. I think this is the album that's ruling my ipod this fall. The new Babs album comes out around the same time so its going to be a big fall in the "beautiful music" category.

10. Mr. Eddy

Mr. Eddy Member

I dunno, ARTPOP is her best imo....and yea, the new one already sounds like it's gonna be great! Those couple songs they released are really good! Now, preptre to get bashed to the high heaven's from the forum members haha!!!!

11. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I liked Artpop. I liked it better than Born This Way (gah - I hate those lyrics!). I love seeing her in concert but wish she'd ditch the Janet Jackson Rhythm Nation dancers. She's cool solo.
    I like reading about her social goings on but HATE her flip-flopping mood swings (on top of the world in one Tweet, depressed over body image the next...ect, ect.) I don't think she needs to play those cards.
    I love how she can put away some serious alcohol.

12. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

Ha ha indeed it was :D

13. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

nice catch. :lol:

14. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddnwPHBxc2Y

Sometimes when you watch a film that depicts another era you think, "man it would have been so great to have lived then." Then sometimes you realize there are things around you in the world that make you happy that you live in this time. Be it movies, music, technology, what have you. For me Lady Gaga is one of those things. I don't even really listen to her music so much as appreciate her artistic presence. I find myself routing for her in whatever I see her in. I have genuine love for this chick.

15. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

The election thread bump was such a smashing success, maybe it's time for gaga to regain her hold on the horrordigi forum?

16. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

*Dave13 runs in, drops grenade, runs away*

othervoice1 and dave13 like this.
  17. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

I was just thinking of talking about Lady Gaga again...

...although, this was purely ignited by the last time we (me and I don't remember whom) were talking about her last album- ArtPop and, how when so much as that title was announced, people were dying for it to flop.

I was of the opinion that it was basically a flop because it was overdone and had a weak 2nd half. I may have even mentioned that I despised the final few songs- "Dope," "Gypsy," and "Applause."

I actually listened to "Dope" and "Gypsy" again and now can't believe I ever hated them. They're great. It took a few years, but I think they're very good songs. Especially "Dope," which is fucking heart-breaking! And sounds like it was in-fact written by a person in the hopeless stages of a crippling addiction. Again... my mother died last year. So, I really do feel this one and the lyrics like "I know I fucked up again 'cause I lost my only friend." I was 'the one' who was around to hear my mother's actual last words before she died. And she did in fact talk about how she felt she had nothing left to live for, even though - because my brother seemed so much worse - I had been giving her too much credit for being the only functioning alcoholic I knew. (Well: then I left my parents' house to go back to my place though I don't live far away and got a call from my father that she died and since then, I've barely thought about the fact that she literally said she was scared to go on living. To me and no one else.)

She even sings the song like she can barely keep herself together.

I'm naturally of the opinion now that ArtPop is better than most people gave it credit for. I guess her new one is either out right this moment to zero fanfare, or it's about to be released to little press or attention whatsoever. I'm not really surprised that few people seem very interested in it, given recent events.

Given recent events, I think it would take Prince coming back from the dead for someone to care more about an artist doing something than for America to come to its senses and toss Trump and the electoral college, and put Hillary in the damn oval office where she belongs.

18. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

I have zero opinion. I do like Adele though. Songs are whatever but great voice.

othervoice1 and dave13 like this.