Laid to Rest a new slasher film coming to dvd Apr 21st 2009

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by fceurich39, Jan 26, 2009.

1. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

2. Kolpitz

Kolpitz Purely and Simply Evil

I'm excited for this. It's directed by Robert Hall, who also did Lightning Bug, plus make-up on a ton of stuff (including personal favorites Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel and Firefly). Anchor Bay's laying down quite the track record of releasing quality modern slashers such as Hatchet, Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon, Malevolence and Cold Prey (and even, to some small extent, The Tooth Fairy).

3. fceurich39

i didn't like lightning bug that much but this movie from that one clip looks great will get this for sure when it comes out all thos other slasher films you mentioned were all very good

4. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

I talked to him when he was putting this together - guy has good taste and really seems to love the genre...

5. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I was planning on checking this out at the Fest of Fear last year, they had a screening of it with Robert Hall just in one of the convention rooms, but I never did get around to going to it. Will definitely be checking it out once it hits DVD.

6. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Fucking nice clip.

7. fceurich39

8. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

That dude either has a camera on his shoulder or was visited by a Predator.

9. Reverenddave

Reverenddave New Member

Unfortunately, AB is almost totally ignoring the HD market. If another company had gotten these (like Magnolia) we could have blu-ray versions of Cold Prey, Hatchet, Alphabet Killer, Red Mist, Laid To Rest, etc.

10. Kolpitz

Kolpitz Purely and Simply Evil

That would be nice. And, unfortunately, it's not just Anchor Bay. Dimension Extreme and Lionsgate are guilty as well. Lionsgate only puts out Blu-rays of their big, theatrical titles. Any smaller or DTV titles get DVD only treatment. The Weinsteins have finally started putting out Blu-rays, but the chances of seeing stuff like Storm Warning or Eden Lake are rare.

11. fceurich39

full info and dvd specs

My Bloody Valentine. Friday The 13th. Not since the heyday of the 80’s has the slasher film seen such a resurgence in pop culture. And as the first decade of the 21st century draws to a close, Anchor Bay Entertainment proudly unveils the debut of the next great masked serial killer – ChromeSkull! On April 21st, Laid to Rest, the sophomore writing/directing effort from renowned special makeup effects wizard Robert Hall (Quarantine, “Buffy The Vampire Slayer,” the upcoming Crazies), will be released on DVD.

The follow-up feature to Hall's critically acclaimed semi-autobiographical Lightning Bug, and Hall’s first excursion into full-on horror as a director, Laid to Rest stars Lena Headey (“Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles,” 300), Bobbi Sue Luther ( the upcoming Night of the Demons remake), Lucas Till (The Hannah Montana Movie, Walk The Line), and Headey’s “Terminator” co-star, Thomas Dekker. SRP is $26.97, with pre-book on March 24th.

Laid to Rest is the terrifying story of a young girl (Bobbi Sue Luther) who wakes up in a casket with a traumatic head injury and no memory of her identity. She quickly realizes she was abducted by ChromeSkull (Nick Principe), a metal-masked serial killer with the money and means to emulate the 1980s Slashers. Isolated in an unfamiliar rural town, “the Girl” and those who have come to her aid must survive the night and outsmart the technologically inclined murderer – who video records his vicious killings and is determined to finish his masterpiece tape featuring "the Girl." Sean Whalen (Never Been Kissed, Men In Black), Kevin Gage (Heat, GI Jane) and veteran character actor Richard Lynch (Rob Zombie’s Halloween, Invasion USA) co-star.

Laid To Rest was photographed with the revolutionary Panasonic HPX-3000 high-definition 1080p camera in the AVC Intra Mode - the first ever feature film completed with this technology. This advance in filmmaking technology parallels ChromeSkull’s penchant for gadgetry, making this unforgettable excursion into technological terror nothing less than the first true digital horror film!

Laid To Rest not only marks ChromeSkull’s debut feature, but the DVD cuts straight to the heart of what it takes to create a memorable movie monster. Go behind the metal mask with such piercing bonus features as:

• Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Robert Hall and Actor/Producer Bobbi Sue Luther
    • “Postmortem: The Making of Laid To Rest”
    • The SFX of Laid To Rest
    • Deleted Scenes
    • Bloopers
    • Theatrical Trailer

The film was produced by Bobbi Sue Luther and Chang Tseng. Seth Nagel and Ed Polgardy are Co-Producers, with Kevin Bocarde and Robert Hall as Executive Producers.

12. DVDBone

DVDBone Member

I checked out a screener of this last night and wow ... it's very gory and very entertaining. It's definitely one of the best direct-to-video releases I have seen in a long time. The characters make some lame ass decisions that stop this from getting my highest recommendation but it's still well worth checking out when it's released in April. I didn't watch any of the clips up above before I watched the movie and was really surprised by how good the gore scenes were. If they had gore this good in the F13 remake, maybe it wouldn't have been such a piece of shit.

13. AndresG

AndresG Member

looks interesting, I will definitely check it out!

14. SynapseFilms

SynapseFilms Guest

REPO: THE GENETIC OPERA was a big theatrical title?
    It's total theatrical US gross was $146,750.
    It's on BLU-RAY from Lionsgate.

15. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

Will definitely be buying this film. It looks really good. Love the clip and the trailer.

16. Odin

Odin Guest

the trailer looks awesome...will check this out for sure

17. Odin

Odin Guest

Both storm warning and eden lake are out on blu-ray...although its not on dimension extreme (you gotta get them from the UK). It's strange though that dimension extreme didn't release those titles on blu-ray, since they're both very good movies.

18. fceurich39

eden lake was supposed to be released on blu-ray here in the USA but got cancelled i remember though no reason was given

19. fceurich39

20. fceurich39