Laid to Rest a new slasher film coming to dvd Apr 21st 2009

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by fceurich39, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Vance Vandy

Vance Vandy Member

Watched this one at long last and thought it was fun for the grue. I don't have any intent to watch it ever again, but I'm glad to have this once. The kills were creative and nasty, just the way I like em. That's it. Nothing else here.

2. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

This was a real pleasant surprise. I'll definitely check out the sequel. Awesome brutal gore and nice atmosphere.

3. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

I really liked this one especially for the concept of waking up in a casket with no memory. I'm looking forward to seeing where they go with the sequel.

4. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

holy fuck, this movie was garbage! zero story, zero atmosphere, zero character, zero plausibility. yes, there was blood. but so fucking what?! that's really all you want to see? that's really all you need to see? i don't even know what to say about that. i honestly don't understand how someone could find value in this thing based solely on a few gory deaths. the fact that the makeup effects were decent actually makes this thing more insulting. it's a waste of something that could have been used in the service of a deserving film. what a depressing waste of time. fuck.

5. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

LMAO I love you Dave13 X-infinity! You just described 90% of new horror.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  6. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

I appreciate that you took the time to italicize the word "need" but couldn't be bothered to capitalize the first word of each sentence. You are a mystery wrapped in an enigma.

7. mazon27091

mazon27091 New Member

I have to agree with Dave, I watched the film today and it was terrible. I'm very unlikely to watch the sequel now. It is funny that whenever they try to come up with a new slasher villain they fail. Jason, Freddy and Michael Myers cast a long shadow over the genre.

8. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Yeah I was pretty disappointed with this one. Decent gore but nothing else. That being said, if I can find the sequel dirt cheap on Blu I may check it out.

9. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

:lol: