Land of the Dead is just Part 4 of a 6 film Series!

Discussion in 'General' started by SaviniFan, Oct 4, 2005.

1. People went into this with their expectations way too high, no wonder they're disappointed. It wasn't a classic like the original Dawn Of The Dead, but it wasn't the worst movie ever, either.

2. betterdan

betterdan Guest

So is the answer to liking a movie is that you go in expecting it to be shit? If so then why even go to the movies if you are expecting it to suck ass? :hum:
    I sure didn't go in expecting this one to be great, look back on the posts and you can see that, but after seeing it I can honestly say it was a disapointment.
    Of course it wasn't a classic like the ones before it and it wasn't the worst movie either but just because George Romero made it doesn't mean it can't be mediocre which it just happened to be.

3. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Bob, Gun... BANG! :lol: Oh yeah I forgot about that one. That gag never gets old.

Yep, They've all been done before, I asked what characters hadn't. :)

4. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

I loved LOTD and I'm all for seeing Romero make 2 more films. Everything that comes out these days sucks major ass anyways, so why not at least let some talent get some extra screen time? I don't expect masterpieces along the lines of DOTD and Day, but I'd rather watch the man that gave us zombies give us some more than watch tired retreads of past films. I'll watch a new Romero zombie flick any day over tripe like 28 Days Later, which isn't even a zombie movie. If he wants to make more, let him.

5. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

How about a gay man that isn't synical or an idiot for wanting more? That's the thing with the other three films, the lead character hadn't given up. If Snake Plisken landed in New York and said, "Fuck this President shit. I'm going to kill the Duke, rebuild NY and take Brain as my bride." That'd be a fucking movie I'd like to see. :D But in Land of the Dead, the lead had given up. So I really didn't want to support him. An uplifting ending? Zombies are able to wage war and a destroyed city's only hope of defense has just taken the next exit to Canada? It's masked as a happy ending, that's what makes it all the worst since the reality is they're so screwed. It's just stupid. I don't think the script was well thought out, at all.

As for the John Carpenter comparison, even if Romero's making a better Carpenter-eque film then even John can do now, that's no excuse for Romero. Expecting too much? You could say the same for A History of Violence when I walked into that and I ended up loving it, even though it was nothing like I expected. It's still a good film, and that's what film makers should be striving for. Not just making "a" film, but making damn good ones.

6. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

:lol: Why does he have to be gay?

7. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

8. tyuun

tyuun New Member

I loved it! It took me a couple viewing to completely understand when this movie takes place. Is it a 1 year later? 5? 10? The more I thought about it the more it made sense. Truth be told that we WOULDN'T learn from our mistakes and would once again revert to a class system, whereas the people with money are "more important" that the ones without. I have come to the conclusion that it takes place more or less 3 to 4 years later. I did NOT go into this movie with overly high hopes. I was just happy that I was watching a new Romero movie. I think it fits well into the series and could only spawn something better. My favourite in the series is Dawn, like most people, followed by Day, Night than or course Land. Actually I like the Night '90 better than the original. I am all for 2 more episodes in this series. I feel that the first three set up where we are today and 4, 5 & 6 are dealing with the now. The only thing that I didn't love with this movie, no it's not the smart zombies, is the value of money in the film. Although money might mean something in Fiddlers Green I don't feel it would do much good elsewhere. Even if there are other places of humanity who's to say that they rely on money. Thats my only problem but I do love this movie and have watched it tons of times already! Bring on 5 & 6!

By the way, to hell with the Dawn remake! Garbage!