Land Of The Dead Now A Reality

Discussion in 'General' started by fceurich39, Jul 9, 2004.

1. YeeHaw!!! I get to go TONIGHT to a press screening 'ere in Tampa! I'm REALLY stoked as I was originally planning to see it on my B-day (the 24th), but this is kind of an early B-day present!

I'll give a little review if I can. Its has GOT to be better than Day Of The Dead!!! Its just gotta!

2. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

I'm hoping to leave the theater happy with this one but I dunno. I'm wondering if I'll feel like I did the first time I saw Day of the Dead. I remember seeing that on it's initial release and feeling just a bit let down. After all these years though and multiple viewings later I've come to appreciate Day. I think it was an excellent 3rd in the series. Here's to hoping this one is good from the get-go and doesn't have to "grow" on me. Either way I'm just excited to see a Romero zombie film playing my local multiplex once again.

3. willywalken

willywalken Guest

land of the dead

i was fortunate enough to be able to see "land of the dead" monday night during a private screening with just myself and three other people. the movie was pretty decent except for the fact that they're trying to push the idea that now zombies have feelings. i've been a fan of the horror genre since probably before i was in kindergarden, i probably own a few hundred of them in my collection. and i thought that this was going to be the one! but as soon as one zombie picked up a tuba and started playing it, i had my doubts. but i'll leave it right there, all in all not too shabby of a flick. allright then, (poof!), i'm gone. -will-

4. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

I'll be seeing this tonight, woo hah!! I've been rewatching all the previous Romero zombie movies this week, so I'm all primed and ready to go. :)

5. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

I don't think it's too far straying from the series for them to be showing some type of emotions. Bub already did that in Day. I'm sure you all can remember his reaction's
    to the death of Dr. Frankenstein. He tossed his chains and cried like a baby.
    That said, zombies playing tubas does sound a bit silly....I'm still gonna see it though with high hopes......

6. OK, as soon as I read that my expectations just dropped 2 levels on my "expectation chart". Thanks for the warning. Maybe now that I expect a little H.S. band action from one of the zombies I won't wince in my seat tonight!

I've been highly anticipating this one...yet Romero's "Dead" trilogy isn't my fav batch of zombie movies. Shoot me but I prefer the Return series over Romero's. Still Romero is the originator so I really want him to "wow" me in this one!

7. willywalken

willywalken Guest

oh yeah, and one plays a tamborine too! but it's a broken tamborine. wouldn't be very scary if it was brand new would it? still, it's good, i'll be seeing it many more times. tom savini did a good job..

8. That's nothing new, I've heard several people complain about that and it boggles my mind since they did the same thing in Day of the Dead with Bub.

9. allmessedup

allmessedup It's beer time.

I didn't like it much in DAY, either...

10. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

Saw Land of the Dead tonight and it was fuckin' great! My only complaint at all was that it was too short - the end really came up fast, and I was all 'noooo, don't stop now!' The acting was mostly believable by all the cast, and the gore, while not overly abundant, was very satisfying. Much munchings and crunchings, and head blasts and such make Hyde a happy zombie-boy, and Land of the Dead delivers.

And about the tuba... dudes, it was one quick scene just after the credit sequence, and it's not outlandish at all considering the direction the movie takes. I for one think it works pretty well actually.

11. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

I just saw a commercial on TV and it showed that trumpet/tuba scene... there seems to be about 3 or 4 of these "musicians" and it looks wicked. I remember reading about it in the script too and it was a real brief description. God, I cannot wait for Friday. :)

12. shift

shift Hot as shit!

Man... now I really want to see it. :D

13. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

I knew it was coming, but I just found out the details today. I'd love to go, but I don't think I will.

14. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

IMDB says it's only 93 minutes long. That is pretty short.

15. allmessedup

allmessedup It's beer time.

Around the same length as NIGHT, I guess.

I'm not going to let any minor quibbles I have affect my enjoyment. I wasn't a fan of DAY for the most part, but I really think George won't disappoint us. Can't wait till this weekend!

16. sumo8675309

sumo8675309 Active Member

horrordvds.com posted a pic of simon pegg as a zombie .