Laserdisc Storage?

Discussion in 'Laserdisc' started by Sam, Jun 22, 2003.

1. Sam

Sam Member

Ok, here's my dilemma.

I've been blessed with plentiful space for the longest time, and now I'm having to move into a much, much smaller place. I have many LDs. LDs take up mucho space. My new living room is only going to be 12 ft x 9 ft, so the space I'm working with is rather little. Should I go with a monsterous wall unit? Stack some book shelves together? I could use some input.

P.S- Anyone out there reading who has pictures of his LD storage setup, I'd love to see them.

[Space is very limited in other rooms as well, so my media is probably going to be restricted to just the living room area. ]

2. sinister

sinister Member

I think these units were probably intended for LP's, but they're ideal for LD's and are stackable too. :)

[​IMG]

3. Sam

Sam Member

Those look great, sinister. Do you know the manufacturer or a vendor that may carry them in stores or online?

4. chrishicks

chrishicks classic is back!!!

I would also like to know more about those. that is exactly what I'm looking for as well.

5. laserdogg

laserdogg Member

These are modular, were purchased from Oak Express and currently house a collection in excess of 1,300 titles.

[​IMG]

6. sinister

sinister Member

They're part of the Anagram range from Habitat, here in the UK. Dunno if they have stores outside the UK, but i don't think they do mail order. http://www.habitat.co.uk/

They also have matching drawer units which are cool for storing DVD's:

[​IMG]

7. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

If you have a closet with sliding doors, move the doors to one side, and put in crates so they look like laserdog's....if not, get a tv unit, store them below....you can also use a computer desk and put the lds where the monoter is....I'd get a tv unit or crates.