Last House on the Left Memerobilia: Fred "Weasel" Podowski's Switchblade

Discussion in 'General' started by gunner, Feb 20, 2007.

1. gunner

gunner Cropsy Maniac

On the MGM dvd of LHotL I was very impressed with the title sequence on the "making-of" documentary. They got the switchblade right!!...
    While watching Last House over the years I had always noticed Fred "Weasel" Podowski's switchblade. It was different than any other I had seen, in that there was no upper handle scale pins and both bolster ears aimed downwards. After a long search over the years I did atleast find out what his knife was...it was a push button open/close derby bolster style italian stiletto made in the transitional (for switchblades) period in the 1960's. This style was very unusual and only created for a short time, making them extremely rare to come by. Well, I wish I could say I found the actual screen used one with a certificate signed by Wes Craven, but that isn't the case here. But I did finially find one...and it's in better condition than the one in the film!!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
  2. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

That's pretty cool. Congrats on the find!

3. that's cool

now if I could get my hands on the class of tail FJ Lincoln's been around since Lat AHouse

4. DEADCHRIST

DEADCHRIST Guest

That's fucking cool. How much did you have to pay for it?

5. gunner

gunner Cropsy Maniac

Thanks guys. I actually just got a few words back from David "Krug Stillo" Hess himself about the original switchblade. His memory was a bit foggy on details but apparently there was a matching pair used on-set. One personally belonging to David, and the other to Fred Lincoln. That's a little tidbit of info that's missing from all the various dvd supplements and David Szulkin's book.

6. Franco

Franco Weekender

Now we need you to stab Heather Mills with it!