Least likely slasher to make it on dvd

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Jimbo, Nov 17, 2003.

1. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I've had the VHS of L.S.P. for years now. I think the movie was originally shot on VHS. This was around the time of Blood Cult, Truth Or Dare, etc...

2. Katatonia

Dreamaniac, the directorial debut of David DeCoteau. Not the best Slasher flick, not the worst either though. I've got the ancient VHS that was released in one of those big cardboard display boxes. I somehow doubt it will see life on DVD.

3. Tuzotonic

Tuzotonic Guest

Good call on that one. They will probably never release Killer Party on DVD. Not too many people remember it. I actually found it on VHS about a year ago after looking for awhile. it's not a great movie but I watched this a few times with my sister when I was young and it grew on me.

4. Final Terror

Final Terror Guest

Ahh but MGM are the owners of Killer Party, so it may work it's way into their Midnite Movies line (also they released the likes of "I Madman" so they aren't ashamed of their slashers). Also I hope the other MGM slasher He Knows Your Alone would be in with a chance (pre-stardom Tom Hanks would be enough publicity).

At the moment, with such obscure slashers finding their way onto the DVD circuit (Prom Night 4, Happy Hell Night, Hell High etc) my vote for the slasher least liekly to see a DVD releases is Humongous. Quiet well known, but I do fear it'll be in limbo for a long time yet!

5. Marka1620

Marka1620 Guest

........Scarecrows

6. Tuzotonic

Tuzotonic Guest

speaking of movies I would love to have, has Dark Night of the Scarecrow even been released on DVD? Your avatar reminded me of it. That may be the scariest made for tv movie ever.

7. betterdan

betterdan Guest

8. betterdan

betterdan Guest

9. Katatonia

10. betterdan

betterdan Guest

I seriously doubt they are seeing as he uses the same pics of the shipping boxes for every dvd he sells. Oh well as long as the movie is at least the same quality or better than Diamond dvds I'll be happy. I've been wanting to see this movie again for a loooong time.

11. I DLed Dark Night of the Scarecrow a while back and the quality wasn't bad at all, so if that DVD is the same quality as that file was then it should be just fine.

12. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

Actually, Killer Party is at Warner Brothers now (along with Night School and Dark Night of the Scarecrow). I asked them about all three in an online chat with a Warner rep at the Home Theater Forum, and the rep said there were no plans.

However, it is worth noting that at the previous chat, people asked about Return of the Living Dead 2, Fearless Vampire Killers, and the It's Alive trilogy, and now all three are coming later in the year from Warner Bros.

So maybe next fall, we can expect these three rare slashers to hit DVD.

13. Nasty Nate

Nasty Nate New Member

I'd go with The Love Butcher on this one.

14. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i think ALONE IN THE DARK 1982 i own it on video and may be new line
    will bring it to dvd but i have my doubts

15. jlynn33

jlynn33 New Member

I would like to see "Visiting Hours" with Michael Ironside.
    :D

16. Demon

Demon Don't Fuck With Dolly!

I agree about The Forest, I'd love to see Anchor Bay or Blue Underground get ahold of it!

17. Big Bobby D

Big Bobby D Guest

I'm with IGotNewShoes. Killer Party is one I figure that won't get released (at least for awhile) The Last Slumber Party is also an awful flick- but it is worth watching for a laugh. I think Dreamaniac, Dave Decoteau's first flick will never get released. I've still got my Wizard Video big box version of it. Pledge Night is another one that'll probably never get released, althought it is one that I like. It should be released uncut with a commentary, trailers, still gallery, etc. (I know that this stuff is available to be put on dvd)

18. Katatonia

The Last Slumber Party was out as an Import DVD from Astro. I bought it a long time ago and it's probably out of print by now. Here's a couple of German reviews of it: http://www.dtm.at/Reviews/Review-Last-Slumber-Party.htm and http://www.haikosfilmlexikon.de/heisse-ecke/horror/lastslum.htm

Pledge Night is out as an Import DVD. I have it as well, the picture quality is actually fairly good. You can order it here from Xploited Cinema.

Dreamaniac may yet come to DVD under the Full Moon label. They've been releasing some of 80's rarities like Creepozoids and Cemetary High.

19. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

As muck as I hate to say it, I really doubt that the classic Doom Asylum will ever get a release :(

20. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

My money's on Boo's pick. :)