Leprechaun Returns (2019) SyFy Channel

Discussion in 'General' started by X-human, Mar 22, 2018.

1. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

[​IMG]
    Leprechaun Returns in 2019 to SYFY.
    http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/leprechaun-returns-in-2019-to-syfy-watch-teaser

Looks promising, in that the series was never all that gory before so a made for TV movie isn't "missing the point" since the fun of the series is a rhyming killer Leprechaun. And with some Ash vs Evil Dead alumni that's all the more promising. It's too bad Davis won't be returning but I suspect at his age this would be a difficult role for him with even lower pay.

And if this does well enough, down the road we might even get another IV IN SPACE!!! :D

2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

The original film was intended to be a children's film, if I'm not mistaken. They filmed some gore in post to spruce it up to an R rating. It definitely shows. I can't remember where I heard that, it might have been on the blu-ray doc.

Could be fun, especially with Ozzie returning. The latest HorrorHound magazine has a nice retrospective on the Leprechaun series, including a Horror's Hallowed Grounds covering the filming locations of the entire series!

3. KGBRadioMoskow

KGBRadioMoskow Well-Known Member

With Jennifer Aniston on the roster, some of us would not have minded a few additional ways to spruce the film up to an R rating...

Zombie Dude and Steel76 like this.
  4. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Looks fun, but boy are they promoting early, a whole year before we see it. Shit!

Thought the new leprechaun looked good.

Regarding Warwick, he's doing pretty well here in the UK, hosting prime time shows on the big channels, so there is NO way he would reprise this role now.

5. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

He participated in the docs for all the movies on the blu-ray set and he's in really good spirits about the series. I think he'd probably do it if his schedule / $$$ allowed. If he's doing a talk show now, that's probably why he couldn't do this.

6. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

Don't bury the lede!

:eek::eek::eek:

7. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Hey I even tagged 'em! But then someone who speaks yee olde for "lead" might not know what tagging means. :cool:

Workshed likes this.