Let the right one in...

Discussion in 'General' started by The Chaostar, Oct 24, 2008.

1. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

2. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Trailer

It looks interesting though the actors look rather young in this.

3. The Chaostar

Why's that a negative?

4. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

I can see why some people might be upset where a movie has kids killing kids in a fashion like this. This movie will cause a lot of debate no doubt.

5. The Chaostar

You may be right. I never thought of that.

6. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Still, it looks intriguing to say the least. Do you know if there is an R1 release set for this?

7. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

I can't wait to see this one. Magnolia has the U.S. rights, but a DVD isn't scheduled yet. I posted about it a few months ago, but that was shortly before the board deleted all recent posts. That was when it was getting heavy praise coming out of the Tribeca film festival. When I first read about it, I had my doubts about the plot involving a boy and the vampire girl he befriends. The reviews and trailer got me interested though. I'm getting sort of a The Reflecting Skin vibe from it, and that's a very good thing.

8. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Ah, good deal Cujo. I missed your earlier post about it. Thanks for the info man.

9. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

imdb has it opeining in NY tomorrow (Fri.) which means the print will probably come here next... you all have me curious.

10. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

I just saw it last week. It is a cool little film. Keep in mind that it is a slower moving vamp flick. Do not expect 30 Days Of Night here (and I know you're not). Very melancholy atmosphere.

11. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I was bumbed that I missed this at the After Dark film fest last week. I've heard really good things about this film.

12. geeare

geeare Guest

wish i had access to this film. i'd love to see it. if anyone checks it out this weekend, please feel free to comment for us.

13. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

Were you one of those who had tickets but got shut out? First time the Bloor Cinema had a sell out crowd from what I hear, and it sucks for those who paid but didnt get in. I was lucky enough to see it there, and it blew my expectations completely away. Its the best movie I've seen this year, and everybody who has the opportunity to see it, even if they've gotta drive for a few hours, should take it. Its worth it. Its that good.

I don't want to say anything about the story. when i saw it i didnt know a single thing, so it was a completely fresh experience. I would reccommend everyone who has an interest in horror films to avoid any kind of spoilers. See it fresh. You won't be dissapointed.

14. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

It actually did not make for a good Friday night film fest experience. Way too slow and understated. It should have been a mid week affair.

15. Devo1313

Devo1313 New Member

I saw this at the Columbus,OH Horror Marathon and it is one of the best films I've seen in at least 5 years. Quiet,creepy and bloody. A gorey,bloody vampire romance film for 12 year olds. A true accomplishment.

16. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

I just read a short review in Entertainment Weekly about his film. I was waiting for car repairs and EW was in the waiting room. They did not give it a flattering review, but what can I say, it's EW and and it was the only thing in the room to read. They didn't have any copies of Fangoria or Rue Morgue:D.

I watched the trailer and EW couldn't be more wrong. This film looks really good. I just hope that I will eventually get a chance to see it. Maybe a R1 release will be forthcoming.

17. Rockmjd

Rockmjd Guest

EW is the biggest piece of shit magazine in the world. When they say something is bad, it's probably good and vice versa.

18. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

Point taken! I was so damn bored waiting over 90 minutes for my car. No TV to watch either. In additon, it was during the day. If is wasn't EW, my choices would have been more election coverage :eek:, soap operas :nervous: or paid infomercials. :sleepy:

19. Spacevis

Spacevis There's some Dettol in the jeep!

Thit's looks good ... very good. I hope this won't be to hard to find on DVD .

20. Cydeous

Cydeous Axxon N

I saw this at the Vancouver Film Festival and I really loved it. I won't say anything about the movie since going in cold is probably best (for all movies, I guess.)

It was filmed in 2.35:1 and projected as though it was on a 4:3 screen with the black bars on the top and bottom. So it was like a screen within a screen. Was it shown like this at the other festivals? It was fine after getting used to it but it seemed like the "film" was actually a non-anamorphic DVD.