Let the right one in...

Discussion in 'General' started by The Chaostar, Oct 24, 2008.

1. MadmanMarz

MadmanMarz Member

I have been searching for some time for the corrected version and found it at Target last weekend of all places. Only one of the copies there was the Theatrical subtitled version so I had to pick it up. No telling how long it might before I actually find it again. There is still a lot of the 1st release version discs still out in the marketplace.

2. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Blu or Regular?

3. MadmanMarz

MadmanMarz Member

Regular disc...as much as I wanted to hold out for Blu Ray, I didn't want to miss an opportunity to get this corrected version. I figure after retailers do their returns on this title, knowing it all didn't sell through, Magnolia will continue to cycle the same version through until inventory levels run low to produce another run.

4. Mutilated Prey

Anyone ever find a Blu with the correct subtitles? I went to BestBuy a few days ago and they still had the incorrect version.

5. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Yea my best buy is the same way and I couldnt even find anywhere else in town that had the blu version of the movie for sale. I checked ebay to see if any sellers had a blu of the movie and emphasized it had theatrical subs but havent found one yet. The Walmart by my house has the regular dvd with theatrical subs but didnt have any version of it on blu.

6. Chunkblower

Chunkblower Member

Is there really that much of a difference with the "corrected" subtitles?

7. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

I too have been unable to find this on BD with the correct subs in stores and also cannot find any place online selling it that specifies that it has the correct subs, I even emailed a couple of places however they never responded. You'd really think these would have shown up by now but then again no one in their right mind would buy the one with the new subs so it kind of makes sense. I've been leaning towards just buying the UK BD so I can finally see this damn thing but will give the corrected domestic release a little longer to show up although I kind of have qualms about giving my money to a company that did something as moronic as dumbing down the subs in the first place...

8. Mutilated Prey

Chunkblower - it's kind of one of those things where if you didn't know any better, it wouldn't take away from the enjoyment of the movie - probably still wouldn't. However, when I looked at how incorrect they were on the initial releases of these DVD's it's pretty appauling.

The way I figured it was I got the Bu already, but it's unopened. My BestBuy said I could trade it in for the corrected Blu if and when it ever arrives. I'm starting to think they only corrected the standard DVD and not the Blu though.

9. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I haven't been able to find a corrected BD either.

It needs to be said again: Fuck Magnolia! :fuck:

10. Korngold

Korngold New Member

I was under the impression the dubbed version at least is a correct translation. I mean I prefer subtitles as well, but the dubbed version I didn't think was off too much.

11. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Has anyone in Canada been able to find a blu ray or DVD for that matter with the correct subs?

12. othervoice1

Hell if an online retailer could confirm they have copies on blu with the corrected subs they would probably be able to sell them pretty quick.

13. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

I check every time I see a stack of blu's in any retailer but have yet to find one. Really annoying. I will probably find it one day when I have no money at all to spend.

14. othervoice1

If noone on this site has ever found a blu with the theatrical subs I kinda wonder if they even released any corrected blurays. I have seen the regular dvd with corrected subs.

15. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

The thing that makes me wonder is this...if these things are just sitting on retailers shelves unpurchased, said retailers are not gonna get the corrected one because they aren't re-ordering...so they are just sitting in limbo.

16. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Yeah that's what I think it is too. I have been looking and haven't seen one here in Canada. It would be nice for Magnolia announce that they are out there and some online retailers as well. Then again, they probably want to get rid of their bad stock first to people that don't know any better, so maybe they'll hold off until they really need to put them out there.

17. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Has anyone tried asking an online retailer if they would look through their stock for a correct version? I wonder if you would have better luck if you ordered from an online retailer that has the movie listed as out of stock.

18. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

I emailed Magnolia the other day to see if the corrected version even existed on BD and they still haven't even responded. It's so lame when a company can't respond to a simple yes or no email in a timely manner so I'm really, really leaning towards the UK release now. I've been patient with this bullshit for long enough and I just want to see this thing although I'm sure at this point it won't live up to expectations.

19. msw7

msw7 Re-animated member

20. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.