Let the right one in...

Discussion in 'General' started by The Chaostar, Oct 24, 2008.

1. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Yea I emailed them too and no response - I havent been able to find anyone on the web that has stated they actually found or own a bluray with the corrected subs, just the regular dvd. Sucks..... Oh yea and a remake already? That sucks too....

2. Vortex

Vortex Member

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Just wanted to let everyone know, I just received a copy of Let The Right One In on blu-ray with the corrected subtitles from DeepDiscount.com. I ordered it during their 40% off sale for $14.97, but the price has since gone up to $17.77.

I got sick of waiting and caved, and was very pleasantly surprised when I received my copy today, with the back of the case indicating: "SUBTITLES: ENGLISH (Theatrical), SPANISH".

But be careful, there are still a ton of botched copies out there. A post on amazon.com from Nov 29th indicates that they are still selling the botched copy. I got mine from DeepDiscount.

I also posted this on IMDB and the IconsOfFright page that pointed out the subtitle screw up. As far as I've seen, I have the first confirmed sighting of the corrected US blu-ray.

4. othervoice1

I have seen postings on Amazon that some people are getting the version with the theatrical subtitles and some still are not so it is kinda luck of the draw- could very well be that way at deepdiscount too. Some people on ebay are starting to list them specifying version with theatrical subtitles and that is where I bought mine to be safe. They are of course usually asking too much but I sent a best offer and got it for a so-so price. I am just happy the corrected blu-rays finally started appearing since for a while there I had only seen and heard of the dvd corrected version being sold. One of my fave horror flicks ever and look forward to watching this again.

5. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Nice! I was actually in BestBuy like a month ago and noticed they were still selling copies of the old incorrect one. Now I will keep watch and do the swap when available.

6. msw7

msw7 Re-animated member

Well, I missed your post too......

7. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Same here. I think they only had one copy in stock the last time I checked there a month or two ago. This may give me an excuse to step in the store tomorrow night...but knowing them they'll just have the incorrect one.

It must be said yet again, fuck Magnolia! :fuck:

8. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Over the holidays when I was out Christmas shopping, I went into FYE and all their copies of the DVD were on sale for $10 and had the theatrical subs. Unfortunately the Blus didn't!! I bought 2 DVDs. One for me and one for a friend.

9. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

I got the DVD at that price from FYE as well. Now that the Blu's are starting to appear I may go on the hunt again.

10. Mutilated Prey

Just checked my local Bestbuy and they still had the incorrect Blu version. Two copies left and I feel it's been the same two copies I've seen in there for months. Someone go in there and buy that shit so they have to restock :evil:

11. msw7

msw7 Re-animated member

Can anyone confirm that these really have the theatrical subs?

My DVD says theatrical subs on the cover, but they aren't actually on the disk.

12. othervoice1

Both the Best Buys where I live are the same way- two copies at each with no theatrical subs still- and with amazon being hit and miss I went the route of ebay. Who knows if my best buy will ever get the corrected ones in and who knows how long until you can really count on Amazon giving you a corrected blu for sure.

13. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    What do you mean, they aren't on the disk? There isn't an option for theatrical subs, they just changed the whole subtitle track.

14. msw7

msw7 Re-animated member

They did?

Oops, and I am wrong I see - mine (the old one) does not say theatrical subs on the (back) cover, where I thought it was, but on the setup menu it has an option for "English Narrative subtitles" which does nothing (no subtitles appear on screen), in addition to the option for English subtitles.

This clears up my confusion I think - I had misremembered several things....

15. Katatonia

Well, I finally found the corrected Blu-ray with the Theatrical subtitles. The disc ID is different from the original botched Blu-ray, and the authoring date is newer at 5/14/2009.

And there are actually 4 seperate English subtitle choices on the Blu-ray's menu set-up:

English Narrative Subtitles
    English
    English (Theatrical)
    English (SDH)

I may have paid a few more bucks ($19.99 + tax) at Best Buy, but they only had one in stock. Ordering online would have been hit or miss. Later last evening I found one on the shelf at hastings also, but it was $26.99 there.

Now I have to get rid of the old Blu-ray, so to ebay it goes to sell for whatever it ends at. And I'll say it yet again... FUCK YOU MAGNOLIA

Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
  16. Mutilated Prey

I have been waiting for my local BestBuy to finally get in the corrected version for some time. They had two copies of the old version FOREVER, but I haven't checked in a while. Time to investigate again.

17. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

If they don't have it at Best Buy, it is probably safe to try DeepDiscount or amazon now. I got my blu-ray from DeepDiscount in December with the corrected subtitles.

18. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

ive only seen the correct version at a single store around here, and its over $30. i've tried finding people on ebay selling it, but most people either have no idea what im talking about when i ask about subtitles information, or they flat out don't respond. places like amazon, you can't really tell, because the upc is the same, isn't it?

19. Mutilated Prey

I already bought the incorrect subs version a while back at Best Buy, but haven't opened it. The manager at my Best Buy said I could swap it out if/when they got the new one. It's been so long I'm sure I'll have to refresh his memory or he's probably gone and I'll have to explain the deal again.

20. Katatonia

Yes, the UPC is the same. Everything looks the same, except where it says Subtitles: English (Theatrical) in the box near the lower left corner on the back cover, like this:

[​IMG]